what would u pick thuerg / cleric / merc

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
Right all going well Im back in DAOC by friday and Im trying to decide which char Im gonna start doing ML's on should it be..

Stinkie me theurgy
Strawberry my soon to be 50 cleric
Valkyn my young little 42 merc

Part of me wants to stick with stinkie as hes been my main since my 1st week in DAOC but Im also getting a bit bored of playing a caster so any input would be appriciated

rgrds,

Stinks

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
theurg is stupid overpowered in pve :)
it's v good in rvr if played well...

a load of clerics seem to have quit, but maybe I am imagining that

Depends what you want. You want to get rvr groups but have slightly less exciting time, cleric. You wanna be offensive, theurg. You wanna pve, theurg.

Sanguinary

Fledgling Freddie
you have listed 3 very different classes, noone can make that choice for you because the classes are played and feel very different, only you know what you enjoy the most. However if you enjoy all 3 about the same i would say cleric, merc/theurg are very specialized and with toa and the upcomming rvr expansion you can't really tell where the power will end up, so cleric is the safest choice.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
With the new wave of half-ogre, ugly as hell mercs I wouldn't bother with one personally.

Personally i've always had a soft spot for theurgists, but as Asha said, you need to play one well to have much life expectancy in RvR.

Clerics have always been needed and always will be, and they do have some sweet ml's.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
haha I think all these clerics saying theurg are scared to lose their places ! :flame:

acei

Fledgling Freddie
As a cleric you'll get PvE and RvR groups easy.

As a thurg you'll get PvE groups easy once you have PBT but RvR groups are still iffy because your a caster.

As a merc you'll find it hard to get PvE groups but easier to get RvR groups.

Personally speaking...cleric :)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
alb group rolling out without a good theurgist is a very dead group.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
With bodyguard ml things got noticeably better for theurgs (well casters in general)...their life expectancy has increased significantly. Just remember not to move ;)

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
well cheers for the input guys.

think I'll be going with my theurgy. though the MLs seem to suck for theurgs the new RA system looks very promising, 1st thing I'll be grabbing is maxed bedazeling aura thingy(40% reduced dmg for 30 secs) and it looks like the moc nerf doesnt effect theurgy pets so gogo cheap moc petspam :D the rr5 RA seems quite good fun too being able to aoe pets is somthing Ive always secretly wished for but never thought Id see the day it happened.

All i need to do now is sort out a new SC template with the toa stuff.

cheers again,

Stinks

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Theurg... go Ice / Earth (if your not already) and get some power RA's ... ;)

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
Stinkie is 41ice 35earth since we got the new ice pets and Im overly happy with the spec. i dont nuke as hard as i used to with 45 air but being able to lock down all healers and casters in a group with earth and ice pets is a lot more valueable imo

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
full earth is SO fotm in toa

power font + earth therg + red crack = chain pets :]

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
stinkie :worthy:

if you wanna play something your familiar with, play your theurg, they get sucky ml's but tbh they're not all that needed anyway in rvr apart from zergs, new ra's will be great as we get boad :sex: and pbae pets! :fluffle:

want to play something new go for cleric/merc

oh and send a pm when your back, i can try and help kit out your theurg (again) :cheers:

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
cheers tag ur a star :D

Im kind of back now, using my old dears PC but its horribly slow, takes like 30 secs to turn around in SI :/ so really just popping on for a chat n stuff threw the day. my all new super duper PC should be here tommorow and i cant wait, its really driving me insane as I was suppose to be working from home this week on my pc which kinda blew up. just this sec ordered TOA which should come tommorow / friday so I'll be in full swing if all goes to plan by the weekend

As my cleric's 48.9 atm I figure I'll get both theurg and cleric going on ML's as i really like that cleric ML path with the power/ heal field things, thinking of covoker for stinkie not because of any set skill but just because stormlord looks utter pants from what Ive read(not that Ive read that much tbh)

dreading having to figure out what all these ML thingies do in RvR. if anyone has any decent links to noobie text on ML abilities please post um :D

rgrds

stinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom