Misc What to do?

Everz

FH is my second home
Something of a rant, but still..

Roll back to May last year I was searching for a placement for work, ideally this was to be done through the uni but there choices didn't fit what I wanted so opted to search for myself (I wanted a September start as I was off to America). The uni didn't really bother when I went in for a meeting in May and seemed to write off my chances of getting a placement. I persisted when I was in America and got offered me a 3 month trial at my current place of work when I was over there.

I started at the end of September/start of October and contacted the uni to inform them I got something. Needless to say, I was already 4 months behind the rest of my year who were on placements and as such had missed out on most the assignment work and meetings, needless to say things were set up and 2 meetings proceeded, with the last one in January, where there was no mention that I needed to provide anything else, or so I thought and since my uni email doesn't work and they have the cheek not to call me or send letters to the correct address, I ignored them.

Anyways I finally managed to get onto my uni email a few days ago and find out that they have demanded my employment contract and want me to do a presentation on monday. Firstly, I didn't get a contract till after my trial finished so that went past my mind to even bother sending it, which is admitedly my bad, this however has resulted in my placement being labeled as un-validated until I get the contract in, meaning it is null and void. However secondly.. having the cheek to ask me to go into my holidays just to do a four minute fucking presentation?! Then claim it's compulsary even though most of it is fluff about seeing everyone again?! What arse.

Thirdly.. where the fuck is the point me going to this, this for people who are coming to the end of there placement, I'm not even on a placement techincally, this is a full time job where I'm switching to part-time next year in order to keep on working there and finish my studies. Which leads me to my questions..

Should I defer the year and switch back to a 3 year course, seeing as I've got a job and the experience, surely it would make sense to not 'need' a placement and all the bother that comes with it?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sounds like you ignored their advice, didnt maintain your contact info properly and then can't be arsed to sacrifice four piddly minutes of your holidays to get some grades.

Everz

FH is my second home
Sounds like you ignored their advice, didnt maintain your contact info properly and then can't be arsed to sacrifice four piddly minutes of your holidays to get some grades.

They never gave me any advice, left me to my own devices as they failed to understand I wanted a September start and not a June one.. which as to quote one of the placement team, 'it'l be extremely likely you won't get one'. Never really bothered to help me search or anything so ideally I thought stuff them.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
do you want it or not? if you do, then you have to do what they want. end of story.

sounds just like my school tbh.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Do it, right or wrong once you have the marks and the course is done you are the one who walks away smiling

Everz

FH is my second home
True enough, the lack of effort on there part to actually help me had put me off doing anything (I had to do all the placement hunting myself.. which is what their paid to do), and demanding I break into my holidays was just a frustration.

Told them i'll do it on my lunch break :D.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
True enough, the lack of effort on there part to actually help me had put me off doing anything (I had to do all the placement hunting myself.. which is what their paid to do), and demanding I break into my holidays was just a frustration.

Told them i'll do it on my lunch break :D.

When I was on uni work placement, my employer was more than happy for me to spend a few hours doing uni related work every 3 months. It was total BS of course, but as my course was accredited by the British Computer Society, appearances had to be kept up.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Time out for a quick presentation versus failed work placement.
Cost benefit analysis says "Do the presentation". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom