What to do?

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Other than bashing people breaking the law, what else is there to do? It seems very repetitive ...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Superhero comics and films consist of these things, so it should be no surprise that this is what CoH consists of.

You could also add the varied archetypes and powersets, the unique character generation system, the fantastic environments the game is setin, the fantastic AI of the mobs, the sweeping mission story arcs.

CoH suits me 100%. No stupid crafting; no stupid items; no time sinks disguised as content. It delivers what I want from an online game in spades.

If you don't like it then there are plenty of other games to choose from :)

Belsameth

Tainted
I agree fully with Turamber
yes,it's constant mob bashing (like almost every other mmog out there) but it's done with so much style, and presented (mostly) so well that it's awesome fun still.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I really like the way the world feels like a real(ish) city. When I'm standing in the square in founder's falls watching the fountains it's almost like being in a real city. :D

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
1) Get into the story arcs/plot.
2) Group lots, although it might not be the fastest way to XP, this really doesn't matter in CoH.
3) Group some more.
4) Roleplay (gasp)

Sarum

Fledgling Freddie
A super hero's life consists mostly of 3 things:

1)Being a badass vigilante who bashes many bad guys over the head with whatever their superpowers are.

2)Hiding their true identity from everyone

3)A love interest.

CoH is these things. 1 is what you might call exping and questing. 2 is playing with the costume designer (a huge amount of fun in its own right) 3 is Roleplay, if you can be bothered (although confusing roleplay with some peoples lame attempts at cybersex would be a great disservice to roleplay).

I agree with the others, CoH is fundamentally just mob bashing, but if thats all you can see in it, you're looking at it wrong. Get involved, breathe the atmosphere of Paragon City (because there are some truly great touches to the various environments if you just open your eyes to them. My current favourite is the snipers hiding on the balconies of Founders Falls canals, just waiting for you to wander beneath them). Stop seeing the inhabitans as NPCs and mobs (although ultimately this is what they are) and see them as what the game tells you they are. Ask not what CoH can do for you, but what you can do for the citizens of Paragon City. I think everyone has dreamed of having amazing powers, of being some sort of hero, of being admired by those you would call friends, and universally feared by those who would have you an enemy. Live that dream through CoH and stop looking at the xp and damage numbers, because yes, they are dull.

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
I do think that CoH opens up roleplaying more than a normal fantasy game, such as DAoC, but I think this might be down to the fact that the whole genre is a more light hearted affair. I think if they had crafted it like the original or Alan Moore Batman stuff, then it might be different, but at times I just feel like doing a '/s KAPPOW!' when I hit a mob ;)

Kinzana

Fledgling Freddie
after level 20 the game gets really really good :D alot of new stuff and enemy's that really suprise u or make u laugh :)

some people say the glass is half empty, others say ....

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom