What To Do Next?

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently at lvl 5 and have just been indtroduced to Battle Grounds...which was for lvl's 5-9.

I am more into pve...so i left BG after being killed a few times.....couldn't tell who was on my side :(

I want some advice on what i should be doing now....i don;t want to have to just go off and grind my lvls...so where is the best place to get quest/tasks?

Regards.
Jimmy.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Would be helpful if you said What Realm and Class you play.

I'm Sure people of that Realm would be glad to take you under they Wing to Help you Further.

Hib/Excal
Soulja
Ensnare
Photon
Sharades
Soulbow
Soulsbot
Godoftrees
Swiftfoot
Mid/Pryd
Soulja
Soulsbot

Tilda

In BG's(Battle grounds) the people on your side will have a "normal" coloured name, and when you target them you'll get a message like "You target Billyjoekid she is a member of the cleric class in your realm.
Enemies will have a red name, and you'll get a message like "You target heheyougotlocked he is a member of an enemy realm!"

Depending on the realm/server different places are good, ie, at lvl 5 on alb, gettign tasts from the guards at prydwen keep/avalon marsh is good, when you get to 8 or so, mithra should be about your level, and then onto sailsbury plains. Thats for alb, im sure someone else has advice for mid/hib.

Tilda

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
I actually play on the US server Merlin...plus it uses the new gfx engine...as i'm only playing the trial at the moment...but my full game is currently being delivered to me with all 3 ex paks.

I'm a fighter/Armsman in albion

I will head off to prydwen keep and see what's there.

Also what's the best way of making money....my gear is quite poor and the next step up is quite a lot of money. I do not have any trade skills as yet.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
http://camelot.warcry.com/quests/

has a massive list of quests

if you have catacombs - go into the roman aqueducts and do quests there (look for the yellow rings around people's feet) or do task dungeons for good xp :)

fighting monsters works too - it's only "grinding" if you sit and kill the same stuff day in day out and stop enjoying it - it's how everyone used to xp and was good fun back then - if you can find a group it can be a bit more fun (if you find interesting people to group with anyway :))

at low levels best way to make cash is to kill easier monsters - greens and the like.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
For the love of god reroll a Paladin.

Most new people roll Armsman and it hits 50 after ages and you regret it :<

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
I shall try another class/profession when my retail box comes throught the post next week.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
For the love of god reroll a Paladin.

Most new people roll Armsman and it hits 50 after ages and you regret it :<
why,kagato looks cool

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
My first advice would be, roll a caster as your first toon as they lvl a lot easier than heavy tanks and you won't need great equipment to be able to kill things. Armsmen need good armour as you will take damage because you melee things and you want to take as less damage as possible. You will also need a good weapon to do damage with. The only thing a caster needs is a good staff really, your armor isn't that important (besides the bonuses/stats on it) because you shouldn't be supposed to engage in melee. Just roll a caster (I would suggest a Cabalist or Sorcerer for Albion, both easy and much fun to level and they're both usefull in lvl 50 RvR) and if you get the hang of the game and have some money, you can always roll a heavy tank as your 2nd char. Just a suggestion :)

And if you got SI, better to go to Caer Gothwaite/Gothwaite Castle (the Albion SI starting area) and get tasks from the guards there till lvl 20.

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
I shall propbably try a caster when i get my retail box.

Can any one point me in the direction of starting my trade skills?

Cheers

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
well the tradeskill you can take depends on what class you are suing, tank classes usually lean towards armour and weapon crafting and caster leans towards tailoring which is making clioth armour there are many more tho what class is it for?

jimmyh

Fledgling Freddie
A Fighter/Armsman......I went to the Isle Of Glass and picked up my trade skill from the armorsmith.

So how would i go about gettin the items needed...like Bronze Metal Bars and Rawhide Leather Squares?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
jimmyh said:
A Fighter/Armsman......I went to the Isle Of Glass and picked up my trade skill from the armorsmith.

So how would i go about gettin the items needed...like Bronze Metal Bars and Rawhide Leather Squares?

You buy these from npc merchants, usually near where the craft trainers are. Be warned that skilling a trade is costly though - you will not make any money from it until you have very high skill, if even then.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not entirely true - go to camelot and ask the armoursmiths master for a task - he'll get you to craft something and take it to someone in the city (a consignment) these will make you money up till 650 crafting (at which point you have to go it alone).

It's a lot faster if you just make things and sell them back to the merchant but that burns money :)

I raised 100g for our guild emblem doing consignments back in the day (got to 550ish weaponcraft - was only 15 behind the highest weaponcrafter on alb/excal at one point... then Cheradenine gave me two quest drop 100% weapons and killed my entire reason for crafting - oh well ;))

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
Hi There JimmyH Welcome to the U.S.A servers, we are having a blast :)...
If you are more into PvE and don't have much interest in RvR lots like me and my husband I suggest rolling a character on Gaheris, there is no RvR there just PvE, you can play any character from any of the three realms, and can explore all three realms without jumping servers.

As for leveling if you have catacombs it's pitifully easy, task instant dungeons 2 that take about 2-3 Hours usually gain me a level, also the Veil Rift in Hibernian is quite cool to level in.

If you do come on Gaheris, post your character on this thread, and next time I come on I'll look you up and pass on some gold. You understand why I haven't put my character name down, otherwise I am gonna get loads of people asking for money :).

Roll what character you like, it's all about fun, not always about getting a level 50 character as quick as possible, you pay per month to play so wring as much fun and enjoyment as YOU can out of the game.

Hope to see you on Gaheris

Kitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom