What to do if I cant log on

M

mesteren

It seems that somehow I have gotten patch for 1.63e

and now my account name and password dont match

Can someone help me out plz

S

Sastrecillo

I think u download the USA version, u can try to desinstall the game and reinstall again :/

Shit happens, u know.

E

Elenah Lopez

To avoid this happening again, copy the update.dat file in your si (or camelot) folder to some backup location. When you start daoc and you get a message saying that 'the client has updated' (and you know there has been no update) you can copy this file back to it's original location and restart daoc.

M

mesteren

It keeps wanting to upgrade to us server patch how do I stop this madness

C

chretien

What's actually happening is that your PC is overheating and this is causing some files on your computer to be corrupted. In certain extreme cases this can even cause you to accidentally choose Midgard or Hibernia instead of Albion when creating a new character. Luckily the fix is straightforwards and can be done by anybody with a few simple tools and no technical knowledge.
What you must do is watercool your PC. Now you can spend hundreds of pounds on a fancy kit from a store to do this or you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost. Just follow these simple steps:
1: Get some mastic from a hardware store - the rubbery sealant that comes in tubes and apply it thickly to all the edges of your PC case. Make special care to fill in all those little holes on the back of the case. Don't worry about restricting the airflow for those fans, you aren't going to need them after you've set your rig up with some l337 watercooling! Leave it overnight to harden properly.
2: Drill a large hole in the top of the case about 1/2 an inch (13mm) wide.
3: Now the tricky part! Get some distilled water (it has to be distilled, tap water contains impurities that can damage the delicate circuit boards of your computer and carefully pour it into the hole until you can just see the level of the water a few mm below the hole you drilled. You may want to use a funnel to make sure you don't spill any water outside the case.
4: Plug her in, fire her up and she's ready to go! No more patching problems for you matey!

Disclaimer - this advice is used entirely at your own risk and I am in no way responsible for any damage you do to yourself, your pc or your local electricity supply. If in doubt use branded bottles of distilled water from an opticians

Edit: Just in case anyone really is stupid enough - Don't pour water into your PC case. That is a stupid thing to do.

S

scarffs

OOOhhh, now you say that it isnt real !!!
OMG my PC fucked !

Never trust an alb :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom