What to do about playing DAoC, stay, go German, go USA?

Mambopoa

Fledgling Freddie
I think I am like most people now. I have toons on hib and mid on the cluster, but due to lack of people its not fun to play anymore.

Old friends have left and lack of people joining means no new people to play with. It is meant to be a Massive MORPG, but it does feel like the massive is missing.

So, what do I do.

1, Hold off waiting for good times again, while playing for something I am not given chance to enjoy?

2, Play on German server, where I don't understand the language and does not make an enjoyable experience.

3, Close EU accounts and start again on the USA servers.

I do really know the answer, I have been doing first option, tried second option so I think it will soon be time to do option 3.

I feel bad that if I do close I am only helping to make the problem worse, but if people keep saying that the numbers are not low enough to worry about, perhaps the removal of more accounts will help to speed up the process to a solution.
I have seen another 5 friends quit for the same reasons.

How many more people feel like this?

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Only reason I'm not playing on US is my atachment to my EU chars and freinds and ofc having to start from scratch, but hey its friday who knows hell could freeze over sometime before GoA release there weekly background story and they might actually post something important in the news.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
rather than pay for an unsatisfying experience bite the bullet and join the US servers if it is the game you still enjoy playing.

I personally loved the classic server ruleset, happily played glast for a year before it became too quiet, went back to dyvet clsuter and was unhappy but still yearned for the rvr. So i ditched my EU characters that i had played for 3+ years and went to bossiney.

Boy was i shocked. Even at EU times there is plenty of action, plenty of groups and fun to be had.

I now have 50 sorc, 48 theurg, 38 mincer and 39 scout providing me with entertainment is various BG's and NF.

It really doesnt take that long get set up and templated and back into enjoying what you what to do. Do i miss my old characters, well only one really but hanging on for ever and more for GOA to ressurect their servers isnt something i wanted to pay them for.

Its been months now since Raq actually admitted to there being a problem and still no news. No pop at Raq but GOA couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery imo. They are stalling their loyal playerbase in the hopes everyone forgets they provide piss poor customer service and everyone joins Warhammer.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
You'd probably be better of on US servers.

If you have friends on German servers to group with then you might find Limors to be fun. However if you need to find people to group with then you'd probably find it easier with people you can understand.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I was doing option number 1 for a loong time. had a few months on US before x-mas. but returned to EU. after seeing the last few weeks, ive once again gone to US. im not going to be pessimistic or anything. but i had more fun on US for the last 3 days, then i had on EU for the last 3 weeks :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
1, Hold off waiting for good times again, while playing for something I am not given chance to enjoy?

2, Play on German server, where I don't understand the language and does not make an enjoyable experience.

3, Close EU accounts and start again on the USA servers.

You have answered your own question really. If you are not enjoying the english cluster moving (or quiting) is your only choice.

You have tried the german servers and didn't like them, fair enough. There are plenty of people who have moved to the US servers and found it enjoyable and I am sure you can find a nice guild there.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I did my first proper day of RvR today on US classic server. Bet you couldnt guess how many rps I made :p

556k :D

RR5 in first day xD So yeah, go US, it has good action :p

/bragging over :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I did my first proper day of RvR today on US classic server. Bet you couldnt guess how many rps I made :p

556k :D

RR5 in first day xD So yeah, go US, it has good action :p

/bragging over :p

Is there some insane RP boost over there? Even at 50k+ rp an hour it would have taken you 10 hours solid play to get that. On German servers even if you do a major zerg farm its hard to get over 30k rp an hour.

So in conclusion: Pics or it didn't happen! :p

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Also its 300% rps in hw/emain/odins and 200% everywhere else this week :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Also its 300% rps in hw/emain/odins and 200% everywhere else this week :p
Yeah that may have made a difference :p

sshot006et8.jpg

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
rp bonus is insane, On friday i was 4L8 on my SM, yesterday i dinged 6L1 :>

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Woot it's the noob pling week on Us? -.-
Guess Mythic found the way to solve Eu problems in the end :p

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
overall very poor skills on US servers especially in the FG scene, only vaguley enjoying if you like farming noobs. In my honest opinion its a good time to retire. DAOC is still a fucking good game but the feeling is gone. Just my opinion anyway.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Woot it's the noob pling week on Us? -.-

Nah, its just that during the last patch, several guilds lots shitloads of rps and bps. so to compensate for it, they gave a bonus to rp's in hw/odin/emain for a week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom