What the...

M

~Mobius~

To you adults, did you ever reach a point in your life where you just got bored of games? I got in today, ready to play my brand spanking new game and then I just thought, I cannot be bothered. So now I'm just sitting here rather than playing. I think I'm finally bored of games.

Is this just a bad day or do games get boring? :(

Yours sincerely,
A troubled gamer.

M

~Mobius~

Any game. Well I was Final Fantasy XI I was going to play, but I just don't feel like playing anything. ;(

W

Will

Could be depression. </panic>

Though I go through phases of playing more or less. Its just the way life is.

S

Sar

Just a mood.

I get it sometimes, and others I just wanna game all day.

S

SilverHood

when I get that feeling, I usually read a book, or do some Uni work.

Sometimes, I finish the book, and I want to game. Or read the sequel. Sometimes, I finish my uni work. Sometimes.

Other times, a night on the town does one good. If you're over 18 (obviously)

D

Durzel

I haven't had a working PC at home for almost a month, and I've only really been bothered about checking my email (which I do with my phone now).

Was quite surprised at how unexcited I became about building my new PC as time crept on. Cancelled my SWG subscription today after a month having not played it...etc.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sar
Just a mood.

I get it sometimes, and others I just wanna game all day.

And the missus doesn't strop ? :uhoh:

M

~Mobius~

Maybe its just due to FFXI being massive multiplayer, sometimes I log in and all I see is people being muppets, or hardcore leveling 24/7 and I just think, why bother. :/

X

Xavier

ooh, where did you get it from in the end? dvdboxoffice?

M

~Mobius~

Yep, was ok in the end they just didn't expect so many orders so had to wait a few days longer. I was lucky and never got charged extra on import either.

X

xane

I frequently get this, mainly because other events in my life seem to overtake it, and I do not have a lot of time spare to play anyway.

The last year has mainly been dominated by Battlefield 1942, due in part to the various add-ons, mods and patches introducing something new, although I still enjoy playing Wake Island even though we all did it to death when it was a demo, and there is Battlefield Vietnam coming up next year.

Because Battlefield 1942 is mainly short sharp games, except the occasional 45 minute one, it is good for a nights gaming, but anything more is difficult. Neverwinter Nights and Civilization III, both games I avidly waited years for, and also the Eve MMOG, have all fallen by the wayside simply because of the amount of time they need.

Games that need a lot of time also get me down because I hear so much about the "advanced" levels from internet forums from people who can spend playing them 24/7, whilst I am still going through the setup, that gets me really depressed !

I am not looking forward to Half Life 2, I fear that will last a few weeks and I'll be shooting up another BF1942 syringe.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Wij
And the missus doesn't strop ? :uhoh:

Sometimes, but I mainly play most of my games when I have time to myself (IE when she's working on a Saturday), as the rest of the time I'm too busy ;) or tired xD

*ahem*

:D

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by xane

Games that need a lot of time also get me down because I hear so much about the "advanced" levels from internet forums from people who can spend playing them 24/7, whilst I am still going through the setup, that gets me really depressed !

heh me too. churning through NwN/SP just to see if I can take it. I was hoping that Halo would give me SSGs (Short Sharp Games), but I have yet to play it online, mainly due to my connex being fubar :/

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sar
Sometimes, but I mainly play most of my games when I have time to myself (IE when she's working on a Saturday)

That's where I'm going wrong. When I first started going out with the missus she often used to work Saturdays. I could play pootah or sleep in. Bliss :)

Not any more though :(

L

L_Plates

Its just your body saying take a break from your PC. I have it alot lately and i know its that im tired.

I use to play CS 24/7 as many of us did here but you get older and tired more easy so just take a break and relax. I will bet that in 2 days you will be eager to get back to the games.

M

~Mobius~

Tried Hentai Poker, main problem was me not knowing how to play poker. I sort of lost whilst the sexy japanese schoolgirls sort of remained fully clothed. :(

B

Brynn

i usually buy a game, play it for about 6 hours then get bored and go back to the old classic games.

T

Tenko

Think someone up above said the things I do when I get bored, usually I read a few books (maybe a dozen) then go back.

There is that other thing you do when you get bored as an adult.

Buy more games :)

Las year I was getting bored of dull thinking man pc games (I'm into Civ III and the like) and bought my son <cough, honest!> an Xbox. Joy!

Too many games on too many formats to get completely bored. Hell! I was playing board games and card games last week when my PC was bust, Monopoly, Scrabble and Magic the Gathering. Made a nice change :)

A week or two reading LOTR or reviewing your DVD collection and some image, quote or passage will make you want to play some particular game again.

M

Munkey-

I get bored of games very easily now. I get the urge to blow stuff up at times but now i just use my PC for contacting people (e-ail, msn and all that)

Books > games imo

C

CptDoom

I suffered from this the last 2 years. Only groundbreaking/original games make me want to play nowadays.

And mobious, untill they release playable/entertaining and not glorified chatrooms for mmorpgs your going to be thinking what is the point for quite a little while..

Theres a few games i play but they tend to be short and sweet or odd and kooky.

Saying that, Rainbow 6 has me all excited again.

Last decent 3 games i played in chronological order (as in completed and enjoyed every minute)

1: Max Payne 2

2: Halo

3: Rez

Notice the gap in release dates.

Theres no originality in games nowadays at all, other than a few updated features on already been done before features. Or more polygons or clever AI. Which to me is fucking pointless, i really dont care what the game looks like (MAME is an overused shortcut on my desktop) as long as it does something new.

The above 3 dont but they were incredibly playable and i do have to quench my games thirst once in a while..

M

Munkey-

Only game i enjoy playing nowadays is Ground Control. Stunner of a game even now.

Nothing more beautiful than the sight of artillery fire curving in

S

Swift^

Coming home from work... and computer games are always the LAST thing on my mind.

I'll have a fiddle with Q3 sometimes, but I never play any of the games I have (and should play).

S

sad_mung

I get bored of games too.
I'll buy a new one, play it once and never look back.
Soon after I'll find my HDD chocka and wonder why. Several minutes of uninstalling and I can install the latest of my misbegotten purchases for a single play.
And then comes a stonking "can't put it down" game. I'll play it for a week solid and then.....just get bored.
Must be an age thing. Am I growing up? :(

L

L_Plates

Well im surprised !!

Many people have been naming games and not one mention of CS !!

I remember when all most people would play or wanted to play was CS.

I think that may have had an impact on us getting bored we now need another online smash of a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom