What the hell is up with all the lag?

O

old.Pepsay

Can't goa do anything right? Can't they fix the goddamn lag thing sometime... bleh, french ppl can't do anything right.

O

old.LandShark

fuck off, i'm french
tho i agree the server appears to have gone haywire

S

SFXman

Nothing wrong with french people, well maybe a few things but to the point... I also think that the servers are sort-of screwed... but this only happens when you enter DF if you ask me, I wish it worked perfectly like the game used to.

O

old.Shivian

The lag we have been getting for the last few days is problems on the UK side. When I was getting lag, I was doing some trace routes and it seems it was some router just before it hoped over to France that was the bad boy!

It was called lettuce or something....

So no, not GOA's fault!

B

Bedroc the Hero

Is the servers placed in UK? I thought they where in france.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Mon dieu! *looks shocked*

I didn't have any le lag(tm) lately... feel the power of 1mbit.. harr

B

Blood

the people in my groups that have had frequent problems have been from the UK, personally its been pretty good for a while (except my own connection that bums out)

O

old.Emma

Well i have to say the lag has totally ruined excal server for me, on prydwen i might lag once in a blue moon, on excal i lag/ld pretty much 100% of the time, there isnt a single minute when on excal that something isn`t up with the connection. yet on prydwen its perfect :/ shame really cos my main is on excal and as it stands i can play her

F

Flimgoblin

Last week I was getting 100% packet loss inside GOA's network...
that was when I went linkdead with everyone else in my group.

but sometimes I went linkdead and noone else did - my pingplotter showed something in London going boom...

so some of the lag was GOA's fault... but from what I could tell that's been cleaned up (they moved rooms.. so their network will be a bit funny for a while)
the rest is overloaded routers/BT screwing up :) (yay scapegoats)

No idea about tonight.. was out at the pub

T

Tagetes

Never normally have a problem with lag, but that's 4 ld's and 3 horse falls in 2 days :(

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Docwolfe
LS your not french fs

The entire Teamfortress community has spent years in this state of denial :p

S

SFXman

It's like only in DF, the problem... here is what the server is like after some pinging while I was sleeping (damn friday drinking...):

Last Response Time: 68 ms

Highest Response Time: 176 ms
Lowest Response Time: 60 ms
Average Response Time: 68 ms

Total Number of Packets Sent: 7346

Dropped/Lost Packets 2
Dropped/Lost Packets %: 0 %

2 packets lost during 7346 pings, not too much :)
I begin to wonder what the lag inside DF really is... lag spikes. I mean lag spikes should show to or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom