what the hell is this

Cozak

Part of the furniture
finished work at 3am last night and it felt like i had been punched in the left side of my jaw (which i hadnt^^) wake up this morning and at the end of my jaw line underneath my ear its swollen twice the size and hurts like all fucking hell! Can barely open my jaw and god damn it looks stupid !

Lakih

Resident Freddy
maybe you've been hit so hard you forgot about it? :p

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Could be a gum infection or an abscess, either way see your doctor or dentist, they got shit that can clear stuff like that up in a few days.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
you'd know when it's an abscess though, gum around your teeth is swollen then. You may be stung by some insect, although I don't think there are many spiders at this time of the year. But when you see the size of bumps you can get on your arm when an insect stings you when you're asleep or something, they can get really big and hurt a lot.
But I'm not a doctor so who knows ;)

PS don't die on us

Comos

Loyal Freddie
"Mumps in adolescent and adult males may also result in the development of orchitis, an inflammation of the testicles. Usually one testicle becomes swollen and painful about 7 to 10 days after the parotids swell."

So, have you checked your balls yet? :D

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Comos said:
"Mumps in adolescent and adult males may also result in the development of orchitis, an inflammation of the testicles. Usually one testicle becomes swollen and painful about 7 to 10 days after the parotids swell."

All present and correct!

Marc

FH is my second home
could be an abcess. I got one after i snapped a tooth. (dont open beer bottles with your teeth, use bottle openers or the side of a table!!) Worst pain I have ever experienced. Right side of my face was swollen, pain all round right side of my face and up to the top of my head. Was no swelling or lump on my gum. Used about 4 bottles of clove oil and pain still wouldnt go away so went to the dentist, he gave me antiobiotics, pain subsided after 2 days on antibiotics and then was all gone after a week.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
The idea of opening a bottle with your teeth alone gives me the shivers :eek6:
The feeling of metal from the cap scraping against your tooth :S

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Comos said:

rofl i was going to say mumps, didnt know about swelling love spuds though hehehe shall have to infect the bf see if this really happens..... damn he already had it :(

i'd say its something to do with either glands or quantum though, or maybe quantum glands?

<note to mods> : hay mods can we have a mump smilie please?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Can confirm its the mumps :> It hurts and i look ridiculous and have to blend up every meal as i cant chew, but hey doc gave me a week off work :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw, when i had mumps i was tiny kid and walked in to mum and dads room thought i was dying and said.... well croaked "mum, dad, i got sore throat" they laughed maniacally and pointed for about 2 minutes.............. im still traumatised, i looked like a hampster.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I had a similar thing happen to me, but I didnt get no swelling...

My kitten jumped from window - took it to vet - bought back home - It scratched me - 2 weeks later I had LockJaw! - I couldnt open my mouth - Spoke to the Pharmacist I worked with - He said It could be Tetanis (could be wrong spelling) - Went to hospital - was atmitted with Tetanis for 5 days.

Apparently, my kitten gave me it, and the hospital had'nt seen a Tetanis case like mine for over 10yrs. Was a very wierd experience.

Marc

FH is my second home
i put drawings pins on some kids chair at primary school and he sat on them and got tetanus :(

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
My m8 got tetanus a couple of months back when he tried to catch a squirrel. He trapped in between 2 walls and a door and when he went to grab it it bit his hand lol. Stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom