What the hell is this??

• Thread starter Elrond/Ruffting
  • Start date
E

Elrond/Ruffting

I was roaming around the pennines looking for some juicy albs to kill when I stumbled across something quite intriguing....

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~manc145/mysteryorb1.jpg

This funky little glowing orb caught my eye so I decided to go in for a closer look...

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~manc145/mysteryorb3.jpg

Now this thing was rolling around all over the place and making some very odd sounds, it even had sparkles occasionally. I couldn't target it or select it, however when I tried to stealth near it I got the message that I was too close to an enemy to hide! So naturally I got a fat troll and dumb dwarf out to evaluate the situation...

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~manc145/mysteryorb4.jpg

Predictably, the general concensus was that we should try to blow it up....

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~manc145/mysteryorb5.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~manc145/mysteryorb6.jpg

As can be seen my runic dwarven friend could catch it in a GTAoE however the odd little thing seem unaffected. If any of you albs get the urge to check it out the loc is in the screenshots :) It might still be there.

O

old.mattshanes

Where exactly is it?might be an event thing maybe...

B

Bleeker

hmm loc 21.9 is just north of sursbrooke....i went there to check but couldnt find anything...

ah you play on pryd...did see that until i posted :rolleyes:

nothing on excal tho.. (atleast that i could see)

T

Tumult

i saw something like that once in the vale of mularn except there were lots of them all gray to me and they were smaller

they had the name will'o'wisps and were too fast for me to catch

was back just before all those geersha raids

T

Tumult

hmm cant edit post above, i play on excaliur by the way :)

E

Eltharion

Originally posted by Tumult
i saw something like that once in the vale of mularn except there were lots of them all gray to me and they were smaller

they had the name will'o'wisps and were too fast for me to catch

was back just before all those geersha raids

same happened to me....been ages ago though...

E

Elrond/Ruffting

It can't have been the same thing as you saw Tumult, it was completely untargettable, clicking on it just did nothing it was like it was a piece of scenery. Target nearest enemy didn't pick it up either, just said 'no monster target in range' Really wierd.

T

tris-

it could just be a light thats been put in. if people who have made maps for games before, will know what i mean. i dont mean like an actual light but something thats used to light up certain areas of the map. maybe this one just fucked up and hasnt got any terrain etc on it.

I

Indiana Jones

i don't think its a light, it moves around once and a while and makes a thunder sound

O

old.Tohtori

Yeah right...it's a UFO. Hmpf! You silly people are seeing things. It's not real! Goverment secret experiment! :D

Ahem..cool in any case, especially like the american thinking of "Hmm, strange, let's blow it up!" :p

I

inuyasha

watch it!

Its a enchanter egg!

Dont stand to close, it level 80 pbaoe when it hatch!
My mother noticed that ;(
poor mother

B

Bodzilla

There's a similar thing to this in Lyonesse, called something like 'unnatural storm', and is just a small blue orb, that moves and is used as a target for lightning style magic effects.
Can't hit it either

T

tris-

just found this on a website -

"Ellylldan
Welsh spirit similar to the English Will O the Wisp it appears as a light and misleads travellers from their path. "

G

Graknak

I can remember in beta days (both US and Euro) that GM's would have peek once in a while to check things out, normally they had names above their floating orb and some abreviation like <DEV> orso.
But i heard they are laying traps for ppl who use some sort of "radar" programs who let you show enemies as glowing dots thru the walls. Perhaps this was an attempt to do so.
All i can think of.

Gr. Cuth

I

inuyasha

hehehehehe

Originally posted by Graknak
I can remember in beta days (both US and Euro) that GM's would have peek once in a while to check things out, normally they had names above their floating orb and some abreviation like <DEV> orso.
But i heard they are laying traps for ppl who use some sort of "radar" programs who let you show enemies as glowing dots thru the walls. Perhaps this was an attempt to do so.
All i can think of.

Gr. Cuth

I would love to see full groups of rp sick people run after a light like that from one end of the frontier to the other swearing at their radar .D

Give wanna-be will-of-the-wisp some luvin! :D

S

speshneeds

i seen it the other day near surs with my scout... i could, however, stealth and unstealth near it

S

Sigurd

Ah, I was wondering where my soul went. Can you please return it to me, it might fall into the wrong hands which would be a dreadful shame :(

P

Pixie.Pebr

On the day of your post there was a wedding taking place in Sursbrooke.
That orb was not the only unsual thing in the area, though I can't swear it was part of the GOA setup for the wedding.
I did see a similar one in Ludlow, but it was some time ago now.
It was then chased by two of the guards, but they couldn't/didn't atack it.
It was immune to all forms of attacks and "patrolled" outside the bar/in the bar.
Was also some kind of invisible trees stood outside the bar, the name (which I can't fully remember) of them contained the word "hibernian".

Other interesting anomalities at Sursbrooke that day:

The Templar Senate
Searchlights above Sursbrooke, stealthers beware.
He is trained to bite the balls off trolls and swallow Lurikeens whole.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Anyone got chars called Mulder and Skully yet? If so.....

B

Belsameth

how tipically mid. try to blow it up, before anything else

and people wonder why I love that realm so much :clap: :clap:

S

sru

These orbs were in use when we had a recent wedding in Surs - GoA kindly provided a little entertainment for the assembled guests and wedding party.

However, they were floating around above the castle .. perhaps one dropped to earth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom