What the fugde is wrong with people?

Sorin

Banned
Warning! long threat, read it or beat it.

I just finished running through the prices in housing.
and i found some sick shit.

There is actually some people who will sell stuff for over 100 plat.

thats fucking crazy, what are you? kids?

The only people who will buy something for 100+ plat is another kid, or someone stupid.

lets take Leviathian Ring of Defiance, current price. 40plat

to take 40 plat for a ring is just wacko. where the hell is your merchandise abilites?

sure, its a rare ring.. so?

Pugilist's Pendant, fuckin 200 plat :eek2:

Read this lads..

A few tips to be a good merchant. By sorin.

First of all, you have to remember that the players of albion is not your enemy, but your allied. By helping them, you help yourself.

You don't help anyone by setting the new black water belt you just won from lotto
for sale for 50plat.

Who the hell is that gonna help? one of the problems here is that it might take ages for someone to really buy the belt, or it might not even sell. and where does that place you? Right where you started.

You could have made 8 plat almost instant if you lowered the price to that from the start... but no, you thougth that someone would bye it, well that was 2 years ago, aw well. shit happens.

When i set something for sale, i always check the market prices first to ensure that i will sell whatever i'm selling before anyone else.

My motto in the merchant buisness is " Be the cheapest, or be the only one"

In this case it means that either you lower the price on the belt from 50 to 8 plat.
or you buy the other belt thats for sale for 20 plat. that leaves you with two belts, and because you are the onlyone who sells those belts, you can pretty much decide the prices you wanna sell them for.

If you failed to understand that then here is an easier example:

you got a RA respec stone for sale in your house, 1 plat... most people is selling those for 1 plat. actually almost everyone. wich means that the chance of someone buying it from you will lower dramatically.

Anyway.. i sell my respecs for 500g.. wich makes me the cheapest.
My balls will be sold before anyone else.

Now, lets say that there is only 2 RA respecs on the market, one is mine and the other one is "Nuggies" he sells his stone for 1 plat.. well i think i can make some money here.. i buy his stone.. so, now i got two.. and since i'm the onlyone who got that kind of nuts, i can make the price i want "with a limit ofc".

I would sell each of them for 1050gold.

this way i am sure that my nuts is removed fast. and i make money on it.

Its nice to have alot of money.. ofc i agree. but i would never sell anything above 7 plat, not a thing.

As a legendary smith i recive alot of orders for legendary weapons,
Not so many MPs, thank god.

Mostly 99%.. even if it takes me 4 or 6 tries, i never go above 7 plat.

I won't help anyone by selling that kind of weapons for 50 plat.
why would i prevent players from using my weapons?

atm Immolated ring costs 20plat at some dude, and 7 plat at another dude.. well it costs 5500g at my place.

Second, Don't let the name of the item decide the value, you should decide the value by asking others.. and you do that by checking the current prices on the market

Actually i think i will end it here.. can't really remember what i was going to say, to tired.

anyway, think about it albs.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
You do realise that some people place stuff on their CM's just as a place to store it sometimes or just until they get an offer.

Some will just place an item they are saving, 'just incase' on the CM at a stupidly high price to save vault space, and if someone is crazy enough to buy it at that price, well no great loss to them.

I'm sure greed does account for some of it but certainly not all.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
what kagato said.
farming plats is quite fast. farming realy rare items are not.
100p is not allot of cash these days even tho most ppl dont have that much as they spend it.

cash drops from all mobs. hard to get items dont and with the current amount of ppl playing some items are nearly impossible to get for most ppl.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Have you ever tried farming money.. and I mean actually properly tried farming it, in a good group with the right classes at the right spot.

I can assure you that it's possible to farm 10p in just pure cash MUCH faster than you can farm some of the expensive items on the market.
Yep if you want to sell it fast then make it the cheapest on the market. If you keep lowering the prices on stuff then eventually it just simply doesn't become worth selling them.

Why go farm immo rings to sell them for 2p, if you can farm 2p in 1/3 the time without needing to find a buyer.

Buying stuff just to sell it on more expensively is lame. I think you'll find this happens incredibly rarely however.

Most expensive stuff is also probably on houses of people that don't play anymore. Since no-one's going to buy it, and they arn't there to reduce the price, there it will stay forever.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I tend to start pricing items at about 80% of the cheapest other person, so they sell. I don't often recheck the prices, as I'm not too bothered, so some will now be high.

Generally prices for stuff people are farming goes down, stuff they aren't farming goes up. There will be a certain amount of inflation too due to the new quests, 15 plat a character, isn't it ? That's a lot of additional money coming in, especially with crafted stuff getting much cheaper next patch. I'd expect the rarer drops to get more expensive, not less.

I know a guildie stuck an item on the merchant for 20 plat last week and had it snapped up in less than 24 hours. You've always got to remember that the prices on the merchants are what people won't pay, not what they will.

Darzil

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
The other major problem is pricing has a knock on effect..

Lets take respec stones at the moment for example.. now there is about 15 of them on the market, not one of them is below 10p at the time of writing. Now, normally a full repsec these days goes for about 5p, but ok, some people as said b4 dont have space in thier vault (i find that hard to believe with 8 char slots) and so they stick it in thier CM as a secondary vault. And as said above, some will stick it for say 10p, cos they wanna keep it , but they think, hmm if someone is desperate thyll buy that , and u make 10p..

but the problem is, with all these high prices, 90% of people who next get a stone, will look at the current prices , and put thier just below or the same. This pricing of objects u dont wanna sell is annoying. It was the same for aurulite for a while, some guy would put it at 2g a piece and every man and his dog followed suit. I agree with the threadstarter, no one but some mental damaged person is gonna pay 100p for something, but we still have to trawl thru these items on a search cos they cba to just stick it on thier unpriced.

I myself , as the other guy said, will sell things lower than the lowest value on market so it sells quicker, altho also i price my things sensibly (Hahhaha @ the prices of Band of Shadows atm) i sell them things for 500g , cos thats what its worth, its not hard to get, chissi is cake to farm and sometimes u can get 4 pops in like 10 mins, but people still insist on sellin it for 3-5p , cos it has a few nice stats on it. With the introduction of LOTM and some other drops, a lot of these old items are simply not worth what the prices r on there atm, and people shuld maybe go thru thier cm and take a look.

And as a plug but also example, Check house 626 Excal , my house, look at the prices on the things i sell and then check the CM, and see the difference :p , Greed has allways ruled housing, and i doubt itll stop, but maybe just maybe in the future people will see sense and actually make it viable for some people to get items for a sensible price in the future.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sorin, what exactly did you want to buy that wasn't available?

I sell Levi Rings for 20p (both versions) on the CM, they are usually sold within 24 hours.

Zahur's Rings for 12.5p-15p, Bracers for 2.5p-5p.

I missed some of the cheap 7.10 cloaks, they went for like 10p.

Farming can be tiresome, sometimes Zahur dropped like 1 Ring in 40 tries so I understand players who demand more.

I sell cheap and I don't have any LGM so I usually reinvest into the community by giving complex orders away or by buying stuff that I can not farm or am too lazy to farm.

Sorin

Banned
Sorin, what exactly did you want to buy that wasn't available?

I sell Levi Rings for 20p (both versions) on the CM, they are usually sold within 24 hours.

Zahur's Rings for 12.5p-15p, Bracers for 2.5p-5p.

I missed some of the cheap 7.10 cloaks, they went for like 10p.

Farming can be tiresome, sometimes Zahur dropped like 1 Ring in 40 tries so I understand players who demand more.

I sell cheap and I don't have any LGM so I usually reinvest into the community by giving complex orders away or by buying stuff that I can not farm or am too lazy to farm.

m8, i didn't want to buy anything, i just looked at the prices and how much money i had on my richest character. i can buy one item for 200plat

200plat for me= either a hell of alot MP orders, or 200 hours of farming and 600 hours of salvaging/trinketing from orcs with my necro.

And i see that there is another levi ring going for 20 plat aswell.. that was still for sale 2 months ago... so no! not 24 hours.

And for the rareness of items, vs the easy accesable money.
I know we are still enough people in albion to farm whatever we want,
whenever we want.

And kagato m8, what you said is true.. some people might use their cm as an insurance vault, some people, but far from all.

High prices is just stupid. but if i'm the only one who can see it, i will draw back every word i wrote in this thread.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Prices here are High yes, but have you even seen the prices on US??
its easy, cheap and "normal" to buy plats over there, so the prices are sky high (before the crafting patch, most crafters took 2p a piece just to SC, belive me, i asked several, not just one :p)
Rogs, bad rogs - old drops from spindelhalla etc vent from 500g to 2p. i mean those are completely useless, old and worthless. they aint even worth 30g. but the easy access to cash. and the fact that people got so mutch money makes the prices go sky high. (belive me, when i started selling pots for with EU prices , i had to refill my whole CM every day :p)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
I have just one thing to say:

"Thank god for the over rated prices, they make my items sell faster :D"

Now on a serious level, last week puted 10 RA respec sones for 900g each on CM...BANG 2 days after 9p more, And this just cause i had them cheaper 100g then the normal price :p

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
this is a bit awkward to say, but theres an awful lot of people and there has always been, that will resell items in inflated prices, thats nothing new

i remember back with the DF farming sessions, when there was people buying tones of seals just to sell them at 1g more, and i mean buying the whole market, not just one CM's or two

when artifacts stopped dropping from mobs, artis from cms vanished mainly bcos people bought them and traded them in to sell scrolls more expensive

how many times have you seen the only-unique -say- love story 3o3 that wasnt on housing for a week, and you just put on yourself for say 10p, vanish instantly and appear on some1's elses house for 12p ?

however, on the issue at hand , i dont find it obscene to put insance prices at merchants, you arent obliged to buy it anyway, if you dont wanna buy it simply dont, owner will lower price or remove item for personal use, since usually uberoverpriced items are there for personal use

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
If it's an item I really need I simply contact the owner asking if he/she can work out a deal or just sell it off a bit cheaper.

Thou I agree that some prices are just ridiculous, I've seen rogs, that aren't even remotely close to being good, go for 2p-5p. But as I said, if you really need that specific item, try to contact the houseowner and make a deal instead.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I sell all scrolls for 10g, not sure if some are even worth that. I personally don't need the money, have LGM crafters and more than enough cash drops to keep me going and my chars are templates (pretty much). So any surplus cash is pointless.

The only money spinner I've found recently is perfected armor doo-das which I flog for 5g each, half what most people seem to be charging on Prydwen. How they can justify 10g for something that's probably useless to them and drops in droves from mobs in POC is beyond me. I'm leveling artifacts in there at the moment and get about 100/hour plus 10g cash in each sodding mob that dies.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Do we really need a guide on how to price items? It's not a guide though, it's just a rant because you've found some high priced items.

If I'm desperate for cash then I'll go and check prices to make sure I put the item up just below the price of all the others. If I've got enough plats and I'm selling something rare then I'm going to price it accordingly - I'm not in a rush to sell. I'd rather wait to get as much as possible instead of selling too quickly for not enough.

Not everyone needs an instant sale, and some people don't care if their items don't sell.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Warning! long threat, read it or beat it.
I just finished running through the prices in housing.
and i found some sick shit.
There is actually some people who will sell stuff for over 100 plat
thats fucking crazy, what are you? kids?
The only people who will buy something for 100+ plat is another kid, or someone stupid.
lets take Leviathian Ring of Defiance, current price. 40plat
to take 40 plat for a ring is just wacko. where the hell is your merchandise abilites?
sure, its a rare ring.. so?
Pugilist's Pendant, fuckin 200 plat :eek2:
I put this though bablefish and got this back

i don't like PVE so don't want to farm my own items and its not fair that i cant buy every thing i need for a total of 50g

really though m8 the high priced object a prob items that peeps dont really wanna sell but might be open to offers if its the right offer

example ring off the clam priced 200p i'm not looking to sell it but if some offers me the right amount i might think about framing another one when i do my next thergs template and selling that one.

of course theres a few peeps that think they can still sell ring of the torrent at 8plat etc

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Do we really need a guide on how to price items? It's not a guide though, it's just a rant because you've found some high priced items.

If I'm desperate for cash then I'll go and check prices to make sure I put the item up just below the price of all the others. If I've got enough plats and I'm selling something rare then I'm going to price it accordingly - I'm not in a rush to sell. I'd rather wait to get as much as possible instead of selling too quickly for not enough.

Not everyone needs an instant sale, and some people don't care if their items don't sell.

^^ :worthy:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
but we still have to trawl thru these items on a search cos they cba to just stick it on thier unpriced.

Try spending more than 3 seconds looking at the market explorer.
Stick a max price of 7p in to him and all the overpriced stuff that your whining about will instantly vanish.

Complaining about other people being lazy because you can't be arsed to spend more than 2 seconds doing something yourself is just stupid.

RaZieL SoulReaver

Fledgling Freddie
items can be put on CM's without a price on them and no one can take them off via the buying not sure if was mentioned but this thread got me tired

Calvin

Fledgling Freddie
Pugilist's Pendant, fuckin 200 plat

Heh im guessing thats the one on my cm. Been there for over a year and yeah is just there because of lack of vault space :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom