What spec shoukd i take for a combat druid?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Fine...

yuos teh s00k flimgoblin!!1
a) only testehed specs aer alowed
b) if ur not playin a tesed spec yuo s00k.

nuff said now u go cry bitchgoblin

:bazbeer: :bazbeer: :bazbeer: :bazbeer:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Re: Re: What spec shoukd i take for a combat druid?

Originally posted by Teador

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I slowly start believing those people who claim that you're a twat...

P

- Pathfinder -

Unfortunately this isn't EQ, so a druid can't single handedly own entire groups :p

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Unfortunately this isn't EQ, so a druid can't single handedly own entire groups :p

Exactly. :)

Druid is much different here than in EQ.

N

Novamir

Re: Re: Re: What spec shoukd i take for a combat druid?

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

I slowly start believing those people who claim that you're a twat...

you are a twat :great:

N

-Nxs-

I have to say, Druids are the primary healer of the realm and thats what groups expect. Powerleveling mine up at the moment, grouping as much as possible as I can solo jack shit, FULL regrowth spec at L12 and by god does it rock !!

The group I was in last night, had
a warden healing for around 30hp
a bard healing for around 60hp
and me healing at worst 44hp and at best 175hp !!

Just hope theres always a group out there, cus you cant really solo a regrowth druid unless I can heal the mobs to death :)

T

Teh Fonz!!1

It should be like Final Fantasy games where healing spells actually harm the undead like skeletons etc...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Fine...

yuos teh s00k flimgoblin!!1
a) only testehed specs aer alowed
b) if ur not playin a tesed spec yuo s00k.

nuff said now u go cry bitchgoblin

ffs!!!111 u r teh s00x j00 need t0 use barrybeer to defeat me!

I'm teh nurture dr00d! Can't heal! too busy buffing!

J

jinor

Advice among druids

Well, the point a lot of people try to make is Battle and Druid are opposite.
Being the best healer in the realm, never forget your regrowth, as you'll be expected to be the main healer in every single group.

As for the solo part, be sure to have a good pet and decent buffs, to buff you're little companion.

If you truely wish to be a Battle Druid, consider playing a Mentalist, as they are as close to a Battle Duid as ya can get, or a Warden, which is a Druid with a Large Sword.

Jinor
Druid of the Grove
RR4x
Chieftain of Imperial Legion
Hibernia Guinevere GMT -1

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I mainly group with a Druid guildy of mine.

At 42 she has 39 in NA, rest in Regrowth and Nurture.

My Underhill gets free uber buffs and fantastic heals.
And we chain reds/purples.

Pets get the mob down a third, her poison ticks for about 105 and I finish the fiends of with one or two blasts.

I have also watched her taking out orange con mobs by herself.

We have also been part of large groups. No one complained about bad heals, people were rather happy about more than average buffs and faster fights due to the additional help of the DoT.

Some time ago in Odin's we encountered a red con skald who killed me within the blink of an.

She got him down to a quarter before she died (one insta heal only...). If her pets is fully buffed it takes down a red con caster in no time... I could go on and on and on about it.

Battle Druid works. Battle Druid is still a good healer.
Battle Druid is no fantastic healer... true.
But it looks like great fun playing one.

*mumbles something about cookie cutter specs and goes back to work*

D

Dorin

If you make a combat druid you will get one rvsr grp maybe 2 then you are going to be ignored (by the hibs who had real healers in their grp at least for once), no need for wanna be fighters. "Cant heal i'm l33t combat drood" is worse then no druid at all. Please DONT make it , for you own good. Make a warden or a hero if you want to kick ass in melee or mana-mentalist if you want to dot ppl. This is no flame m8, but combat druids are not welcome. If there would be lots of heal specced druids there i would say sure go ahead why not, but we are lacking healers and ppl will be pissed off fast if their drood is doting and fighting instead of healing. Maybe getting aoe-insta root is a good idea but oh well you shall see .) The nr.1 druid on prydwen is regrowth and nurture specced, he is having fun getting 200+k realmpoints / week, can make his own rp-grp if he wants to, couse ppl know they get a lifesaver if he joins... and not pet or dot does that :)

O

old.Downanael

Hey i get ignored even i have 34 regrowth ;)

A

Affri

Originally posted by Falcon
It goes something like this:
Druid: ANY SPACES FOR A DRUDI!!!?111?!!1?
Group: Ah a healer, let's get him in the group
Druid: THX FOR GRP!!111
Group: Yes...
<Hib group encounters 1fg Albs, fight procedes, only druid, hero and armsman left, Hero has 10% hps>
<Druid starts hitting Armsman, Armsman laughs repeatedly and kills druid in a few hits, then finishes off Hero>
Group: WTF didn't you heal???
Druid: I ARE TEH COMBTA DRUID!!!11111
Group: If we wanted a gimp fighter we'd have grouped Sharwyn (Sorry Shar, couldn't resist, love you really :p)
Druid: BUT I HAEV TEH SINGEL TARGET DOT AND TEH GREEN CON PET!!111111
Group: Er, great.

LOL! LMAO! ROFL! That was GOLD! I really laughed out loud :clap:

And 19/35/36 is a great spec ;) Very good heals and nice damage output. Just be sure you have a buffbot around :p
30(31)/26(25)/36 works fine too. Both specs are N / R / NA format. I think those are the two most common battle druid specs.

G

Griff

hmmm, just read this...

well, I use NO nature, bout 2/3 nurt, and bout 1/3 regrow (at 38 i have 28 Nurt, and 22 Regrow), and i can melee yellows alone at 38 without using instas. (whopp-de-doo, i tanked a yellow! but then again i am a druid :) ).

the only real problem druids will always have when going battle is the amount of dmg they do. in a group i can take ALOT of dmg, i just can't dish it out very fast. when grping with a tank, i usually tank meself, and dish out a heal when needed.

my 50th of a euro.

Gramps Griff

B

bone_idle

All this talk about i can solo a orange/red solo battle druid ??!?! Have you ever tried soloing a fully buffed Berserker or Infil in rvr. Your so called " Battle druid " will go down thinking. Hmm why didnt my uber buffed pet get aggro from me, and hmmm this was only a yellow con. Think about it.

G

Griff

was talkin bout PvE mate, i think everybody here knows that a druid (even the most 133t bAtt13 dr00d) doesn't stand a chance against ANY buffed melee class.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom