What Sort Of Buisness Is Best? (Off Topic)

L

lurilove

Heya Y'all.
I and a friend were thinking of opening a shop.
We are still wondering what one would be best for buissness.
There will be three of us in the buissness and i will be the accountant. So that leaves two others. If we were to open a sandwich bar in city centre we would hire three more staff so we would not have to work.

If you know any other buissness i would like to hear from you what you would lie in it etc..

Thanks alot.

Lurilove

O

oblivion_6

sandwich business to me sounds like quite a risky venture

you think of the risks invovled such as not sellin all your stock in time for its expiry dates

plus having to get a food license and ensuring you meet certain standards.

Also the sandwich industry at the moment seems to be dominated by the likes of Obriens, subway, greggs and things

If you in the UK that is

If you are in the Uk you should be able to go speak to a enterprise person who will give you a business pack and things that should give you some advice.

My dad started his own business 3 years ago basically working on what he did for another company for the last 40 years, as a service engineer for photocopiers. The main reason why he made a sucess of it was the fact that over the 40 years he had developed a good solid list on contacts both from other businesses and customers.

So i would say that customer base is extrememly important to you.

One thing to bear in mind is the demographics of the area you would be setting up your business in. What is the average age of the people there? What are their tastes etc. Things like this shouldl be easily found at your local library from studies carried out by the govt.

Currently in britain the success rate of small businesses is probably at its lowest in a long time due to the competition from europe and overseas taking away the mainstream industries upon which a lot of smaller one man companies rely on.

So in conclusion i would say as long as you aim at the majority of the market and get a good base anything will be a sucess really

(wow i wrote a lot lol must be really bored today in work :D)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Do your homework before considering what kind of business you are going into.

If you know the business, reserch things like competition, who else might support your venture, supplies, demand and customer base.

These business packs will show you whats expected of you, and any lender will ask you to show your projections for the future. Theres a lot of info here to get, so think carefully about how much you know the product.

Heres some UK links, if you are in the UK, if not Im sure you can find something similar.

http://www.businesslink.org/cgi-bin/bv1/home_page.jsp
http://www.bcentral.co.uk/Default.asp
http://www.sbs.gov.uk/
http://www.businesseurope.com/cmn/index.jsp

That should get you going.

O

oblivion_6

oh aye another thing

New Deal is a good initiative the UK has and you can speak to local job centres about recruiting people through this

basically if you can gaurantee to employ someone for a set length of time at a minimum wage then they pay 50% of the wage for you for the year

S

Sichama

After reading this

Originally posted by lurilove
...we would hire three more staff so we would not have to work.

the only advise i can give you is don't do it, it will be a waste of time and waste of money.

M

Marwolaeth

Show! There's no business like......

Ok I'll shut up now :(

G

Gahldir

don't think many companies that end up sucsessfully are started in a more or less random buissness"area". when you open a company you often open it in an "area" you know pretty well.

O

old.FIN

buy SWG and start business there, on new server

business on daoc is sooo small and limited and takes ages to reach that lvl so u can actually have buyers and about profit, roflmao, what profit ?

B

Brynn

internet cafe? their are none in my home town :(

But then more people are having high speed connections in their house or just having access to the net. So i suppose that wouldn't be a good idea.

Btw if u do make a sandwich bar sell balti chicken mmmmmm

F

Farsight

Sex shop, with special "try before you buy" area :)

S

S-Gray

what the fuck?

Am i in the General Forum or the DAoC Off Topic?

G

Gekul

I'm not the only one that noticed then.

What brought that lot out? :)

T

Tilda

Eep sorry, a bad move by me and seeing as i'm not a mod here I cant move it back to DAoC OT :(

Tilda

T

Testin da Cable

ARRRRRR pummeled shall this thread be me hearties!!!

this is a nice catch22 though hehe. you require a supermod to send it back :)

N

Nightchill

I quite like the ideas of those new nightclubs where talking is not allowed/discouraged. Instead, you write everything you want to say. Apparently there's some witty lines coming out :p Only down South atm afaik tho, so how about one up North?

N

nicky-nook

You cant go wrong with Food imo lets face it everyone has to eat ...If your food is good people will buy it ...

I own a record shop selling records to Dj`s and such and i know how hard it is to set up a small business at times i wish i had started another shop but i love music so much ill be ok i think !!

E

Ekydus

You're posting in a gaming forum.

Maybe a LAN café would be a good idea. :)

G

Gamah

Originally posted by nicky-nook
You cant go wrong with Food imo lets face it everyone has to eat ...If your food is good people will buy it ...

I own a record shop selling records to Dj`s and such and i know how hard it is to set up a small business at times i wish i had started another shop but i love music so much ill be ok i think !!

I'm looking for a nice record shop to buy trance white label kinda stuff as well as some more commerical stuff..you got a website/email addy? pm me or post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom