What servers are there? US or EURO aswell?

D

DeSlisser

If a euro would want to play this game does he have to play on US servers then?

Are there plans for euro servers?

I heard that euro players from DAOC who played on US servers have a hard time to do certain stuff due to lack of players at those times (americans sleeping when they play and vice versa). Will this also be the case for FFXI? Or will there be a certain unofficial euro/euro timezone server?

C

Cyfr

In my opinion the time difference won't matter one bit.

There will be lots of people from Europe wanting the game I suspect. But also, there are going to be americans on at all times anyway :p.

When I get up at say 8am, some of the americans will still be gaming away well into the morning.

At 12pm UK time the Americans will begin to wake up and start gaming again :)

I don't think there are any Euro servers planed atm..

D

DeSlisser

Thanks for your fast reply.

I also found something on the warcry site that gave me a better idea of how the server thing works (although worldpasses seem to be a mystery for many).

http://forums2.warcry.com/flat_read.phtml?f=3&id=41970

THats the link to the server explanation on Warcry

Might give the game a try in a couple of weeks orso. Will keep an eye on these boards for info on the BW crew (aka Aurora guild) and general developments etc.

E

ECA

As long as you have a guild with > 10 players in you should be able to get a party anytime.

The other thing is that because we're playing at offpeak we can capture stuff more easily and we have to deal w/ less yanks :-]

Users who are viewing this thread