What server to Join and what character to play ?

Ironfoot

Regular Freddie
I am going to start playing WoW. I am coming from SWG (chimaera server) and I used to have a SB, Warrior and a Shaman when I played DAoC on the excal server. I am not heavilly into P v P but will take part if I am in a guild. Due to the strange hours I work sometimes I might have to XP by myself. SO bearing all these things in mind what would be the best Euro server for me to join and what sort of character should I think about rolling ?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
i would say priest if you plan to grp with ppl alot, underplayed class and alot of instance/pvp? grps are in need of them.
If you want to solo mostly, but up for grping sometimes i would say druid is nice.
or a shaman as horde player.

Yes i have mentioned 3 healer classes, every realm lack those classes as far as i have experienced.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
If you are horde, i would recommend a shammy, great soloers, great in groups, can be a main tank if the group lacks a warrior, a healer, allsorts. Also they are meant to be evil in PvP

If you are going alliance I would recomend a rogue if you are going to solo lots, they are easy to level even solo (unlike assasins in daoc) plus if you do fancy some PvP you can run off and do your own thing.

Siphon

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
If you are horde, i would recommend a shammy, great soloers, great in groups, can be a main tank if the group lacks a warrior, a healer, allsorts. Also they are meant to be evil in PvP

If you are going alliance I would recomend a rogue if you are going to solo lots, they are easy to level even solo (unlike assasins in daoc) plus if you do fancy some PvP you can run off and do your own thing.

Idiot, the world don't need more shamtards.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Siphon said:
Idiot, the world don't need more shamtards.

Idiot, the boards don't need more posts like your one!

Grats Siphon, you are today's example of how not to post on our WoW area!!

Go away, and try to think of something to post that has meaning or content and no flames. Thank you.

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
lol i actually laughed out loud
this has no relevence.. but i don't care :p

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Idiot, the boards don't need more posts like your one!

Grats Siphon, you are today's example of how not to post on our WoW area!!

Go away, and try to think of something to post that has meaning or content and no flames. Thank you.

but what if he's right? and he actually is an idiot?

let me tell you, ravencrest/horde doesn't need more shamans as of right now. 70% of them are "idiots" running around in melee breaking poly, charm etc left and right, refusing to put up windfury totems (because they already have it themselves and surely a warrior doesnt need it!) and on top of that forgetting they are a healing class and letting group members die. i had a couple of sm runs yesterday that was so frustrating you wouldn't believe it.

as for the original poster, im not saying you are an idiot and not to play a shaman i justed wanted to give a perspective of how things are class-wise. i'd say you can't go wrong with a priest or mage, they seem to be the most
"lacking" atm.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
and on top of that forgetting they are a healing class and letting group members die.

same with pallys on alliance side. and druids on both sides. some people are completely unable to play effectively in groups.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
mts said:
but what if he's right? and he actually is an idiot?

Then he should post in a more constructive way explaining why the guy shouldn't roll a shaman as per your own post. Don't fuck us around in this forum like you can get away with in the DAOC area. It won't work.

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
for solo'ing rogues prolly your best bet.. fantastic melee dmg

think the highest lvl on my server is a rogue actually.. mid 50's atm
hunters good solo too

for grouping.. well a rogues a great thing to have in instances. good for an extra 25s mezz on a mob.. aswell as his exceptional melee.. a well equipped rogue really speeds up an instance run.
hunters never really high on my group priority lists.. only speaking for myself though.. their never an inconvenience to be grouped with though.. their pet taunts well :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
same with pallys on alliance side. and druids on both sides. some people are completely unable to play effectively in groups.

true true, the thing what i dont understand is why do they grp up if they wont heal at all Totally pissess me off, he may aswell be the 456th rogue - warrior - mage on the server which doesnt function as a HEALer. Somebody making big mistakes especially in 5 man grps hurts alot (yea i tried random grping as u c ^^). Some ppl reminded me of those spanish smiters, bleh :[

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i love playing my hunter. Different things to focus on,like a lot of different equipement to keep optimal. Looking for pets for different reasons.
So far i found myself quite usefull in groups. I'm not great at anything, but i can do a lot of things effective enough to be usefull. Kept quite some groups alive with my pet tanking, I can do nice damage and I can manage myself pretty well when getting aggro.

Usually im the groupleader in a group and the hunter fits that role perfectly, pulling, overviewing the fights, supporting where neccesary.

In short, if you want a versatile character i'd suggest a hunter, just don't expect to be THE choice for a certain role.

Oh, they are great solo'ers and in my own experience great PvP'ers.

Lvl 26 dual wielding/survival/beast mastery dwarven hunter at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom