What Reaver Spec ? and some Arti and ML drop questions

Praetorean

Fledgling Freddie
Given that NF has gone live in the US, some people are of the opinion that
Mercs are a soon to be dead class, and that Reavers will become the top
tank class in Albion..

Whether this is true or not, could some of the more experienced Reavers
suggest a spec for a Reaver (if Reavers Auto-Train I can accomodate this)
geared toward group RvR, including race, stat points at start and what RA's
to go for early..

Pin perhaps

Also - has any Minstrel activated the Crown of Zahur ? if so what stats
come into effect ? ( VoS - druid? thane? melee? )

For a Minstrel - which version of Maddening Scalars activates ?

Morian

Fledgling Freddie
pressing the submit new thread button once is enuff tbh :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
saracen chic ftw! (mines a guy but wish i'd gone for grrrl - size IS important)

why saracen?

1. flex weaponskill is 50/50 dex/str
2. blocking needs dex
3. parry needs dex
4. evade may or may not be 50/50 dex/qui
5. small size
6. low profile colour
7. all the above isnt worth sacrificing for 30hp (aka brit) imo

the only downside is u wont ever be mistaken for a cleric, which could have some effects, both good AND bad ;)

any of the 3 specs from the other thread look good tbh. auto train isnt essential but a little auto will help u get my planned spec of: 50flex 50SR 29shield 4parry, nice and offensive :twak: and with the option of a 7s stun off block. enough for 3-4 levis if u are quick i guess... :m00:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Praetorean said:
Given that NF has gone live in the US, some people are of the opinion that Mercs are a soon to be dead class
dunno about that, reavers are better suited to siege warfare without a doubt but NF rvr is in its infancy. theres still a long way to go yet. the novelty of endlessly taking and retaking towers and keeps will wear off pretty fast and the 'New Emain' will be born... somewhere.

players who enjoy open-field combat will find a way and open-field combat is what a merc excels at.

why am i levelling a reaver? certainly not to replace my merc thats for sure :)

and no my reaver is not fotm! hes 6months old :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Go away all of you fotms :D

PS: Give more group invites to the reavers around you, you gonna need them with a few rr in NF :p

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
4. evade may or may not be 50/50 dex/qui
It does, but evade 1 is not worth talking about.
Konah said:
5. small size
Saracen models are the same size as Briton, Male is the same size as Female.... Just different shapes ;)
Konah said:
7. all the above isnt worth sacrificing for 30hp (aka brit) imo
38hp before toughness - more likely 40hp for most.

Saracen is marginally better stats-wise, but it won't make any real difference.
Konah said:
a little auto will help u get my planned spec of: 50flex 50SR 29shield 4parry, nice and offensive :twak: and with the option of a 7s stun off block. enough for 3-4 levis if u are quick i guess... :m00:
Bash would never make it onto your quickbar.
You have the Viper chain off block, 5sec stun, and with capped weaponspeed you'll land the whole chain to Cobra for 25 end instead of 65.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Bash would never make it onto your quickbar.
You have the Viper chain off block, 5sec stun, and with capped weaponspeed you'll land the whole chain to Cobra for 25 end instead of 65.
it has already made it onto my qb thx

2x indigo > 1x indigo

viper stun is too short, if herald says 5s it sure feels more like 4s :fluffle:

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
it has already made it onto my qb thx

2x indigo > 1x indigo

viper stun is too short, if herald says 5s it sure feels more like 4s :fluffle:
Your lvl 50 QB then...

It is 5s, if it were 4s then I wouldn't be landing Cobra before stun wore off. And Cobra > 4x Indigo ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
tbh the point is: its an extra levi over viper

unless u saying cobra >> levi? :eek2:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
unless u saying cobra >> levi? :eek2:

It is...and so it should be. 4th in a chain should be jaw-drop time and thats what Cobra does to you first time you land it :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
rofl well i look forward to that :m00:

but a 7s stun + 3/4 levi's is (fatal in most cases imagine) better than gambling on completing a 3-4style chain surely?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Saracen is marginally better stats-wise, but it won't make any real difference.
i personally take marginally better dmg, marginally better chance to penetrate defences and marginally better personal defence over marginally better hp.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
rofl well i look forward to that :m00:

but a 7s stun + 3/4 levi's is (fatal in most cases imagine) better than gambling on completing a 3-4style chain surely?
chance of completing the 4 styles in the chain is higher than the chance of completing bash -> 3/4 levi's due to to-hit bonuses and no requirement to run-through/strafe.

(and yes, cobra > levi - it does about 20% more damage total and typically heals you for 300+ - 110% lifetap proc).

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
My opinion :)

Race..
I'd go for briton, the only thing looks wise should be your size, I think saracen is a nice stats race togo with, but I think alot of hibs/mids mistake you for a cleric if your briton, and I would rather have that 'look, second thought' advantage than a small increase in personal stats.

Spec..
I also tried the 50/50 spec, and yeah it's nice, kinda powerhog, but it's also pointless if your solo'ing. When I chose that spec alot were saying don't go with it, and I wish I had listened to them 'cos it wasnt very good for solo'ing.

50/50 is great for groups, but in my opinion, very bad for soloing.

If you ever need to chat, pm me ingame, but I am sure some of the wiser members of this forum would be a better reference, i'm just a eagle :(

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
One of the questions asked, that's not yet been answered is the distribution of starting points?

Is the standard 10 Con, Dex and Str for a Briton OK?

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
My opinion :)

Spec..
I also tried the 50/50 spec, and yeah it's nice, kinda powerhog, but it's also pointless if your solo'ing. When I chose that spec alot were saying don't go with it, and I wish I had listened to them 'cos it wasnt very good for solo'ing.

50/50 is great for groups, but in my opinion, very bad for soloing.

I have found the 50/50 spec is much better for soloing, but as I said I wouldn't go for it until you have enough RA's/extra spec points to be able to stand toe to toe.

Relying on slam when solo just doesn't cut it in Odins these days. Can get away with it in HW where you will find solo consantoirs but in Odins it is mainly >= Silver Hand.

(I don't mention Mid ranks cause solo Mid tank/stealther is like the Loch Ness Monster. Every so often someone claims a sighting but we remain unconvinced ;))

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
One of the questions asked, that's not yet been answered is the distribution of starting points?

Is the standard 10 Con, Dex and Str for a Briton OK?

10 Str, Dex, Pie imo (if going Flex)

Not really vital tbh. The difference in starting points ain't gonna make or break your toon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom