What really happened???

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by mattygroves
WTF!!

So GOA gave him his account back... meanwhile I'm still waiting for my password as I'm sure lots more people are... What the fuck is this... he's the **** responsible and thay are kissing his arse... meanwhile the ppl paying their wages.. ie us ...have been fucked about for the best part of three weeks. Un-fucking-believable!

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1181165#post1181165

read this, then realise you´re wrong

O

Oven

In addition to what Addlcove said, think about what MrX could've done if he hadn't reported him in the end.

K

kaod

=====================
I would like to apologize for lying to all the people asking about what happened to my accounts during the past month. Obviously I, contrary to what I said, knew why my accounts had been banned...
&
...and the community deserved to know what happened instead of all the lies published by GOA/Mythic.
=====================

It's fine for one party to lie and not the other it seems.

=====================
So I proceeded to contact Lawrence (a German Gamemaster) on IRC, and asked him if I gave them all the information I had (which supposedly could help them close their security breach) could I get my personal accounts reopened.
=====================

How totally selfless of Laromia.

=====================
Obviously I knew why I had been banned, but I wanted to hear it from GOA, but as you might have guessed, all I got was a typical standard form answere saying "You account has been banned for multiple illegal activities".
&
After being frustrated with the RightNow answer I got, I decided to grab a couple of random unused accounts from the RightNow interface and cause some havoc.
=====================

The right now answer was nothing to be frustrated about.
What did he expect? A diary of his activites and a thank you from GOA?

=====================
The answer was "You got your account back, be glad, period". Again I was really displeased by the answer I got. I know many of you will say "haha you muppet, that's what you deserved" and you might be right, but nonetheless I made an agreement with Lawrence upon first contact, and they screwed me over.
=====================

And Laromia had an agreement with GOA in the first instance which he broke which is the CoC/ToS.

What Dreama said sums it up though:
Originally posted by -Dreama-
But what takes the cake is that this guy expects to get away with it. He expects to tell goa all about MrX and how he did what he did and get 2 accounts fully intact reinstated. Wow, the balls some people have, it's amazing.
It's one thing to play around and get caught, but to expect to get away with it, 100%, without retribution...damn, you a funny guy.

G

Gahldir

someone more then me who thinks he made up a whole lot of stuff to make the story way more intresting? ;)

T

Tharion

First he is not a *hacker*, he admits not to even understand the GOA support manual, so he is at best a *script-kiddie*.

He didnt hack anything he used accounts/tools given to him.
MrX on the otherhand is prolly an ex-employee as GOA said on the german boards.
So if he was, then he is no hacker either.

The real problem was GOA letting these accounts/tools to accessed outside their building. (Mythic stated this on their Herald).

If MrX was an ex-employee, GOA should have closed all his accounts, seen to that he didnt have any other ppl at GOAs logins. (If this is the issue they need to see over their rutines and such stuff).

Pfft. Nuff said.
Let him burn. Make him pay.

L

leoric

Pointless waste of time! Now savages will take even longer to get nerfed :(

I

infozwerg

Two things to learn here:

1. GOA is an incompetent company with extremely bad security

2. GOA lies to their customers.

Both 1.) and 2.) is old news.

R

Ravenbourne

A reply from goa would be nice, i know you read these forums, just tell us what really happened so that you can halt the rumour mill

C

censi

its safe to say that pretty much what the guy said happend, did happen.

Only person GOA could persue legally is MrX. Even then it depends exactly who is was and was he a former employee, who had be permissioned to access this GM account? (its then up to GOA to deactivate it)

I think the fact that this got out will piss GOA off to. They like to hide all there explanations about outages around this shroud of technical competence and that they are working hard on technical complicated matters. Their statement about this came accross that way to, I thought they had discovered a technical security vulnerability that they were taking precautions against. but basically its just poor security standards which is common in IT.

This just shows really why things go wrong so often. That they are a bunch of amateurs.

They kinda screwed him over (which he desearved) He could not seriously expect not to be banned from the Game for that. OFC goa knew that if you ban someone they can just get another account and having told him he wouldnt be banned etc. So they just wiped his account and gave it back. kinda funny.

I would luv to take a trip over to GOA and see their general security methods of working.

This company are trully becoming legendary for all the wrong reasons.

Tbh I consider myself to be a pretty rational and reasponsible person. If I had come accross this GM function like he did I would have prolly ended up doing the same thing. (or maybe being a bit more subtle about it)

I would have made sure I nerfed all savages for sure.

;)

O

old.Jable

he breaks the CoC before we even start, then slates Goa for not allowing both his accounts back. what a mukingfunky.

A

allnewdave

Its always an inside job.

Personally I'm amused about the total drivel they spout and pissed off at just how unhelpfull they really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom