What reactive shield procs do work in PvE?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Im told both DoT and heat do not work in PvE, but do Haste/Ablative/AF reactive procs work in PvE?

Kiting out a Warrior in a cata template, and have everything done, im just onto the alchemy now

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
afaik no reactives work in shield at pve, they are rvr only. for pve, id put offensive dot proc for slamming... at least thats what i did when i was specced in shield

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Im told both DoT and heat do not work in PvE, but do Haste/Ablative/AF reactive procs work in PvE?

Kiting out a Warrior in a cata template, and have everything done, im just onto the alchemy now
Its easy to answer - no reactive procs work on shields in PvE

Only stuff that works on shields in PvE is weapon procs (for when you use a shield style), or charges.

Reactive procs on shields ONLY work in RvR - no matter what kind.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
aye because you could have a shield with a heal proc and if your getting beaten on you just engage and heal youself up and continue.

Its only offensive procs that work on shields and charges.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Awarkle said:
aye because you could have a shield with a heal proc and if your getting beaten on you just engage and heal youself up and continue.

Yeah come on it would be stupid to allow shield tanks to get a little boost in PvE, it would make having a ML9 buffed pet completely worthless....

To me its silly that so many procs don't work in PvE, its not like shield tanks are exactly overpowered. I use my TG shield in PvE which has a cold DD proc when I slam/shieldswipe.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
The difference between an ml9 pet and a heal proc on a shield is obvious

ml9 requires that mls 1 to 9 be completed and be convoker to get the buff

the tank only needs to pick up a ml7 shield.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Awarkle said:
The difference between an ml9 pet and a heal proc on a shield is obvious

ml9 requires that mls 1 to 9 be completed and be convoker to get the buff

the tank only needs to pick up a ml7 shield.

ok so there is pet charming and pet spammers which are vastly better in PvE, than a tank. You can also get juggernaught and even without it a normal buffed pet with focus shield can still take alot more damage than a shield tank currently. I will agree a ML7 shield is a bit easier to get than ML9 but the shield is no where near as powerful as the pet ability.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
ok so there is pet charming and pet spammers which are vastly better in PvE, than a tank. You can also get juggernaught and even without it a normal buffed pet with focus shield can still take alot more damage than a shield tank currently. I will agree a ML7 shield is a bit easier to get than ML9 but the shield is no where near as powerful as the pet ability.

Fully buffed, Darzil will block 90% of blows from a yellow mob, without engage.

With engage, he'll block 90% of blows from Sililia, for example. Add a heal proc to that ?

Heal proc does what, 100 heal (say - think it's more), so Sililia will have to hit for 900+ a blow in order to overcome it, and that's before you take into account heal chant.

Sure, I'd love for it to work, but I can see why it doesn't.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom