What PC Microphones do you guys recommend?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I know this is a tech question, but more people browse this part of the forum :p

I need a microphone for the PC, probably a desk microphone as I use my speakers for sound. It's for Skype/Ventrilo.

I currently have some cheap headphones with a microphone but people struggle to hear me unless the mic is in my mouth. The mic cost £8 so no amount of tweaking (have already tried) is going to improve matters.

Can anyone recommend a good desktop microphone? I was unsure if 3.5mm jack is better/worse than usb? I have an on-board sound card.

If you know a decent mic which is attached to headphones then please include those.

I guess I would want to spend £40 max.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll add my question to this thread.

I sit on my settee with the telly about 5 foot in front of me. I'd really like a wireless mic that I can use for gaming that'll clip on my t-shirt or something. I don't need headphones, just the mic...

ileks

Part of the furniture
I also need a microphone of some sort. Broke yet another headset over Christmas and just bought a set of nice speakers instead.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'll add my question to this thread.

I sit on my settee with the telly about 5 foot in front of me. I'd really like a wireless mic that I can use for gaming that'll clip on my t-shirt or something. I don't need headphones, just the mic...

Sennheiser Evolution G3 if you're feeling rich.

Mind you, this year I have to buy two of these - http://www.lectrosonics.com/Receivers/sr-series.html - and four of these - http://www.lectrosonics.com/Transmitters/smqv.html

Thanks OFCOM, you cunts. And thanks 4G mobile phone wankers, you've cost me about 8 grand.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I feel for ya Tom.

But not enough to like your post saying spend 350 quid on a microphone. I was thinking more like 30 ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeti-mike.jpg

over kill, but i like the look of it and got cheap as the person selling thought it was dammaged in transit:) black scuff marks it was covered in came off mine with a pencil rubber :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom