what new classes would you like to see

A

Arnor

Originally posted by zmurf
Hero / berserker ? ... :)

go to bed lill kobold mate, you need to be awake early to beat the zergs tomorrow :)

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Arnor
go to bed lill kobold mate, you need to be awake early to beat the zergs tomorrow :)

I'll soon join u on the darkside with chanter, dinging elding herra soon and arranged temp switch with char's, to try and renew the 'fun' in the game ...

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by hercules-df
Id like to see a geomancer added to alb, some sort of leather/studded nuker :)

It wears chain, it's called a smite cleric.

and some sort of hand 2 hand combat character (monk?)

That's called a friar

mid to get something like a valkary and wolfman

Valkyn zerker...

dunno bout hibs, maybe some form of flower arranger?

animist

T_T

G

Gahldir

Id like to see a geomancer added to alb, some sort of leather/studded nuker :) and some sort of ***hand 2 hand*** combat character (monk?). sword and shield stats go on hand weaponary like spikes,***claws*** etc.. (bad ass monk:))

savage, anyone? :)

S

svartmetall

I think Albs should get some kind of shapeshifter, since we have Zerks and Hibs have teh Moose...

...problem with that is, what does he shift into? IMO could be cool to combine the idea of an Earth Mage with this, and have a class that morphs into a big version of the "mudman" skin (sorry can't remember what it's called in Alb, there are some on a hill by Prydwen Bridge...argh) and uses earth magic, like earthquake spells or something, base it around crush damage.

Would be kind of fun...

Race-wise, I think Albion really needed the Half-Ogre, as all their races (fish-boys notwithstanding) were a bit "vanilla" before. A Half-Ogre Armsman could almost tempt me back to playing Alb again...

For Hibs...how about a sort of offensive Ent type of class? I always think of Hibernia as the "forest" realm, it could be fun to have a class that animated trees from around them and sent them into battle. Kind of an arboreal Bonedancer...would be really cool, especially if the "home invasion" thing ever takes off and a bunch of Mids run into a Hib forest only to notice that some of these trees look REALLY PISSED OFF...instead of caster snares, why not have little trees that rush up and entangle you in their roots?
Would be much cooler, weirder, and more in-character for the realm.

For Mids...well, we don't know yet how these Frostalfar are going to spec out, but it looks like they'll be a caster class-orientated race, which is nice because what we really lacked was something uniquely Midgardian in the casting line. Base it around cold damage and ice spells...be nice to see some cool ice effects - how about huge shards of ice spearing up from the ground into enemy ranks?
Would be nice if they could have those little Hailstone mobs as pets maybe (those are so cute)...

Vindicat0r - nice idea, how would you go about determining how he would con to people if he'd just morphed into (say) one of your mates?

E

Ekydus

Somebody spot the Mid with the mind of a 6 year old.

1. The Ogres suck. Albion DO NOT NEED THEM.
2. Albion does not need a shape shifting character. Read the fucking book about what the game is based on before you ask for idiotic things such as this.
3. Albion really didn't "need" the Inconnu either.
4. Walking trees - NOT going to work. The idea sucks and this kind of idea is more suited to a pet that can be charmed. (As is.)
5. Yes Midgard, the Melee realm needs more casters. Infact while we're at it let's take away plate armour from Albion. Yes! That would be fun!

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Ekydus
Somebody spot the Mid with the mind of a 6 year old.

1. The Ogres suck. Albion DO NOT NEED THEM.
2. Albion does not need a shape shifting character. Read the fucking book about what the game is based on before you ask for idiotic things such as this.
3. Albion really didn't "need" the Inconnu either.
4. Walking trees - NOT going to work. The idea sucks and this kind of idea is more suited to a pet that can be charmed. (As is.)
5. Yes Midgard, the Melee realm needs more casters. Infact while we're at it let's take away plate armour from Albion. Yes! That would be fun!

You really need to relax, dude, it's a GAME. G-A-M-E. They're things you "play", for "fun", remember?

Why do the Half-Ogres "suck", exactly?

Why does the "walking tree" idea suck?

Got any reasoning to back up that clenched little fist you call a mind?

K

Kagato.

Theres an easy solution to give Albions a Shapeshifter, just used the Drakonion models from SI and albion then has its own Dragon mode.

The models for the draks already have weapons of all desriptions on them, and the advantages could be along the lines of when in Dragon mode there absorption factor increase by X amount, reflected by them having scaled skin.

As for class, just give the ability to Armsman :D

E

Ekydus

Ogres - Look shit.
They also are very likely going to make Highlanders essentially useless.

The Tree idea...
Not only would hundreds of trees look very stupid in a battle, they would more then likely induce lag and also would near make vision impossible. The idea you have stated is nothing more then a makeover of the Animist class but with bigger pets.

I for one don't like the idea of running around in a game designed with the imagination of a 5 year old at heart, who finds the idea of every single thing has to be magical and we should all have a pixie NPC that follows us everywhere interesting.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Kagato.
Theres an easy solution to give Albions a Shapeshifter, just used the Drakonion models from SI and albion then has its own Dragon mode.

The models for the draks already have weapons of all desriptions on them, and the advantages could be along the lines of when in Dragon mode there absorption factor increase by X amount, reflected by them having scaled skin.

Works for me.

E

Ekydus

Yeah... while we're at it let's give King Arthur a sex change. :rolleyes:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed. ;)

A lot of these ideas are kinda sucky or rehashed from current classes but you need to remember that none of them will ever be implemented in a gajillion years. So let people have their fun and fiddle with their imagination. :p

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Ekydus
Ogres - Look shit.

Just your opinion.

The Tree idea...
Not only would hundreds of trees look very stupid in a battle
Just your opinion again.

I for one don't like the idea of running around in a game designed with the imagination of a 5 year old at heart, who finds the idea of every single thing has to be magical and we should all have a pixie NPC that follows us everywhere interesting.

Show me where I say "all" of us should have them, or that "every single thing" has to be magical? Please point the part where I say that out to me. I play tanks pretty much exclusively, because I have no interest in playing magic-using characters...doesn't mean I can't come up with ideas for stuff I think might be fun for those who do.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Kagato.

yeah, I was JUST thinking that albs need more melee reducing abilities :rolleyes:

A

angrysquirrel

very good thread, but i lack imagination so ill say pickaacuuuuuuuu

little bunnie rabbits that fire lightning out of their ass !

ok seriously though, gifv pokemon mmorpg.

O

old.Ramas

Ogres - Look shit.
They also are very likely going to make Highlanders essentially useless.

Obviously they look shit - but they won't make highlanders useless.

Rumour seems to suggest Ogres are High Str, Normal Con, Low Dex, Low Qui, High Int.

As a result Ogres will be crap for all classes, and highlanders will remain the race of choice for tanks and clerics.

I have half an inkling that Mythic might throw in high piety with high int, allowing Mythic to pretend they would make good reavers/clerics/paladins. which if the above is true they clearly wouldn't - but this is the sort of thing Mythic tends to pull.

Of course the rumours could be wrong, in which case we have no way of knowing what they will be good at. Except that it won't be whatever it says in Mythics vision, because it never is.

B

belth

Re: Re: what new classes would you like to see

Originally posted by Trinilim
That's called a friar

No it isn't, a true H2H without any weapons would be what a monk would use. Actually, just add such a spec-line for friars to give them an alternate weaponspec and then just give a single line respec.

E

Ekydus

They better fucking not make them able to be Paladins. Infact I hope they throw away the damn idea of the things and fire the asshole who came up with such a poor idea and then decided to advance it.

Come on! What were you thinking?!?!

T

Trinilim

It surprises me that after over a year of gameplay hardly anyone knows that Alb does infact get a shape shifter...

They just never gave it the graphics like they did berserks and heros.

Give you a hint... it has wings, a dress, and it goes "pow" with a stick....

H

hercules-df

Re: Re: what new classes would you like to see

Originally posted by Trinilim
It wears chain, it's called a smite cleric.

That's called a friar

Valkyn zerker...

animist

T_T

Friars have a great big stick, hand 2 hand, not 2 handed :)

Valkyns dont excaclty look like women warriors of odin now do they, they would be a good palladin equiv for mid, and female only of course:)

F

fl_gorre

since alb really got no actual gtaoe class (xcept gimped eath wizzes) id suggest some kind of earth being
some sort of light tank as reaver with a lill bit of melee but with nifty and fun gtaoe spells and shapeshifting abilities(model and walk of those lill mudmans)
in shapeshift form it should walk and be as cewl as teh mudman:
http://vnfiles.ign.com/camelot/videos/4-25-2003/mudmanalive.avi

his special RA should be something in the form of an gtaoe dot under the name of earthquake , dealing massive damage to players siegeequip and doors

also when casting his spells he should stamp the ground with his hands (bit like caba cast pets but a bit more dramatic)

I

ilaya

hib is missing another stealth class, and we are the magic realm.. so its obvious! stealthy nuker! with aoe stun plz ;)

and Angry. everyone knows its Charmander for teh win ffs.. hehe

as for rabbits.. check my sig ;) alb rabbits at that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom