What ml/pve raid you would like to happen?

KingeX

Fledgling Freddie
Lately i have been doing Darkness Falls raids every Sunday, but i want more fun so i would like to add one more raid in my weekly program.

What pve raid you would like to join?

I am thinking of MLs, Tuscaran Glacier or Trollheim raids? What do you say? What do you prefere?

If you have any suggestions for other kind of raids or other dungeons, monsters etc feel free to post it!

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
:england: I would like rvr not pve raids, relics raids:flame: :drink: :england:

Cedon

Fledgling Freddie
A ML-run, one or two ml's a week, so people have time to keep up with pres and mlxp, the way vavi used to run them, still got a few chars that needs them.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Raids

MLs are the most boring and frustrating part of the game - but have to be done.

Trollheim Raid - seeing Kvilik's movie I'd love another go at Nosdoden (we wiped last time as some n00b healer decided to go afk in middle of the fight) and would love a try at the Rift - never even been there. 3fg should be enough...

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Summoners Hall
Trollheim
TG
DS (and some of the other cata instance aswell, just to see whats in there)

As for ML, I'm set atm, but I got a feeling theres going to be alot ML's needed when new classes arives next expansion. That goes for CLxp aswell, and proly some new raids to Agramon cave in new expansion.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
PoC bosses and on to Summoner's Hall.
Maybe Trollheim and Iarn as i have never seen the big boss in there.
And give a ml7 raid.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt mind a nice poc raid myself (bosses and then on to summoners)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
For anyone that's not seen Ianvidur herself then I recommend it as she is just about the ugliest mutha-mob in daoc - seriously SERIOUSLY ugleh - shame the drops in there aren't too uber but its one of those places everyone should visit at least once :)

In Trollheim Nosdoden can be killed with 1fg melee setup np - we did it a while ago and its boring but again one of those mobs everyone should see. The Rift is a toughie and a weird one - bring pbae for the adds :)

Personal preference would be TG just to kill the King and Queen as i've seen them a few times but not killed them.

Probably the best raid for drops/views would be Summoners Hall - very nice drops in there and much better than the 3 SI dungeons.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
ah..

..Iarnvidir's Lair - forget that one - still don't know if the remains that Skoll (a big white tough doggie) drops are genuine trophy remains or not...

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
Aye, I was on that raid...but why can't I log on to Allakhazam recently. Anybody else with problems?

nope all works, im a paying member tho

kivik

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
Trollheim Raid - seeing Kvilik's movie I'd love another go at Nosdoden (we wiped last time as some n00b healer decided to go afk in middle of the fight) and would love a try at the Rift - never even been there. 3fg should be enough...

Kivik! :mad:

Nosdoden isn't much of a problem. But The Rift will be thougher, he spawns red/purple mobs regularly. Our 'tactic' was keeping atleast one tank on Rift, while suppression SMs, RC runmasters and rest of them tanks (assisting eachother) dealt with adds, they seem to be tougher than normal red/purps. It took us ~25 minutes to kill him.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as im relatively new to this side of the pond and havent seen much of midgard itself I wouldn't mind seeing all the epic dungeons, the old world epic zone, and of cause the middy dragon.

Aside from that, summoner raids are to few and far between as well.

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Summoners hall would deffo be high on my list of things i want to clear out. A while back i took around 2fg there and it was very tough doing the bosses there, we only managed 2 of the smaller bosses, so if ure planning a raid there id say bing at least 3-4 FG for optimal killing power, and be prepared for a real tough fight with the grand summoner, i ran ito him to get out and he 1 shotted me... lol

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Kivik! :mad:

Nosdoden isn't much of a problem. But The Rift will be thougher, he spawns red/purple mobs regularly. Our 'tactic' was keeping atleast one tank on Rift, while suppression SMs, RC runmasters and rest of them tanks (assisting eachother) dealt with adds, they seem to be tougher than normal red/purps. It took us ~25 minutes to kill him.

Yep - can second that. Now I am not that uber-hard-hitting Valky but I too felt they were very tough mobs to melee.

An idea might be to setup the PBAOE/Fop/Healer group a tad closer to the Rift itself and box those spawns there. That way the PBAOE could add nicely to the melee damage done to the Rift. Also it would reduce the running around from and to Rift and PBAOE/healer group - sometimes I lost stick on mobs on the ramp...

One wave of adds is ok - 2 waves (read: some of the 1st wave were still alive) active were nasty.

Also the Rift regens HP when not being hit for a good amount all the time.

I enjoyed that event very much, was a good fight where I could play a lot of roles in the Rift fight - meleeing Rift, assisting MA on spawns, getting aggro off of seers/mystics, heal (PBAOE heal was quite effective when I meleed spawns since these tend to pile at the seer/mystic group)

Good luck and have fun!

P.S. Summoners Hall is on my list too - so would opt for that :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Jor said:
Yep - can second that. Now I am not that uber-hard-hitting Valky but I too felt they were very tough mobs to melee.

An idea might be to setup the PBAOE/Fop/Healer group a tad closer to the Rift itself and box those spawns there. That way the PBAOE could add nicely to the melee damage done to the Rift. Also it would reduce the running around from and to Rift and PBAOE/healer group - sometimes I lost stick on mobs on the ramp...

One wave of adds is ok - 2 waves (read: some of the 1st wave were still alive) active were nasty.

Also the Rift regens HP when not being hit for a good amount all the time.

I enjoyed that event very much, was a good fight where I could play a lot of roles in the Rift fight - meleeing Rift, assisting MA on spawns, getting aggro off of seers/mystics, heal (PBAOE heal was quite effective when I meleed spawns since these tend to pile at the seer/mystic group)

Good luck and have fun!

P.S. Summoners Hall is on my list too - so would opt for that :)

We did the rift like so. healers were standing in the back, with max range still to be able to heal. fop was close rigt as well. We had few pbaoe there nuking, we also got tanks. It wasn't cakewalk, but we managed to do it nonetheless. :)

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
TDA has done more or less all the "oldschool" dungeons within the last 1 or 2 months on our guild raids and it has been great fun to revisit (or see for the first time) those great dungeons. I can recommend all to go there not for the drops but for variation and lotsa fun. Let me state once and for all drops sucks (except TG), its borderline ridicules to get a quality 89% drop with 4 stat increases from a boss monster. So are you out to get drops, DONT go there! All dungeons (including all monsters) can be done with 2-3fgs. TDA was out to have fun an see how far we could get with 2-3fgs and we went all the way and we had by no means opted groups (good players but not opted), so dont hold back if you dont have 10 Valks/thanes, if you play well you can do almost all monsters (bosses).

The king and queen in TG are tough, but with alert players and a good strategy they will fall, but you cannot be afk battling them and you will die alot, so have good seers if you take on that pair. Remains - only silly snakes and birds drops remains. Full raid takes around 8-9 hours.

Rift and the rest of the boss monsters in Trollhiem (brilliant dungeon for diversity) can also be killed and you only need a good strategy on Rift. But there are tons of small features in Trollheim and you can see small schenes play out between the mosters and their faction if you have time to watch and start certain events inside TH (Rift and its minions vs Morvalts, The Skellie King vs. Morvalts, small rebellions in the Morvalts ranks against their leaders and much more). Remains - only Nosdoden drops remains. Full raid takes around 3-4 hours.

Iarnvidur is a great dungeon and holds beatiful grafix. The Monsters are fairly easy to kill and we had a walk in the park, until we meet the Hag (the boss monster). She proves a very good challenge for 2fgs. She has some nasty tricks in her book, so be prepared for being able to improvise on the spot. I will say beware of Delegalt he can bring a nasty suprise and the 2 doggy bodyguards (Skoll and Hati) can also be a little furosious. Remains - only a snake and a dog drops remains in here (very dissapointing). Full raid takes around 2-2½ hours.

You all know the dragon and DF so I wont mentions those.

We (TDA) havent done Summoners recently, but I remember it as a very good challenge for 2-3fgs but Im sure we will have a go at it soon.

I havent posted any spoilers on how to kill the bosses, there are certains ways to bring them down, not easy but without to much blood and sweat. I found its much more fun to venture into those fights and creating you own battleplans. We had long and funny fights and tried to addapt to what we meet and we had a blast. I suggest you do the same and have a good time exploring new/old parts of the game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom