What makes a good troll?

B

ButaneBob

OK guys....

Have now bought DaOC (WOOT!!) and was giong to role a troll - some nobber in my last post said I wouldnt make a good one so I thought RIGHT I'll show him

So my question is

WHat makes a good troll?

would a skald be a good idea cos it looks like trolls are fat bastads who could do with the running buff

or would i be better as a berzerker or perhaps a viking

You guessed it I chose Middguard!

See you on Mid Excailber - plz msg me if you wanna group up for some laffs HEHE!!!!

BOBOBOBOBOB

L

lakih

A dead troll is a good troll....

Make a warrior, show the world (erm... the excal ppl) the wonders of a troll warrior.... you will not be dissapointed (and neither will them)

:m00:

O

old.Mu.

What makes a good troll?

When judging a troll, judges look for a full-bodied troll (not overweight) that is 'box' shaped. The troll should have a full, glazed forehead and should not cross its arms. The judges will expect the troll to sit verticallly, and will award additional points for vibrant/horrifying tattoos. The troll should be in impeccable condition, as if it were carved out of marble. No gaps or holes should be present in the stone. The troll should have bright eyes and clear nostrils.

Flexing and talking is allowed by the judges, as it is uncontrollable and will happen fairly often.

C

[Cerebus]

You can always root out bad trolls by squeezing their testicles and feeling for firmness.

L

liste

well, i'll give my view in a serious reply then :)

Trolls are big, strong and slooooooooow.

they hit hard, but they dont hit very often.

if i rolled a troll?
hm. Skald works, i guess. although, a thane or a Warrior might be more fitting.

B

Brannor McThife

Trolls are not good at anything. Your strength and damage will NEVER make up for the fact that you are the BIGGEST target on the battlefield. Don't waste your time. Play a kobold first, then a dward, then a norseman. There is absolutely NO reason to play a troll.

-G

C

[Cerebus]

Brannor speaks the truth, as a Hibernian I always seem to target trolls first because they're the biggest thing to click on.

It makes no sense I know...

A

Arnor

hah, trolls rule!

but skald is the best troll class i think, they dont have much dex-dependant abilities

S

SilverHood

brannor, your shiny pink armor and your celeb status sorta made everyone want to kill you

not your fault

O

old.Xarr

If my huge stature makes me the first target on the battlefield and save the lil blue kobis that explode for a few seconds, then my job is done :D

O

old.Wildfire

I would have thought playing a troll would actually have been something of an advantage these days, as the players with half a brain or more (ok so there aren't that many of them) leave them alone and attack more typically threatening races instead...

S

Skrad

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Trolls are not good at anything. Your strength and damage will NEVER make up for the fact that you are the BIGGEST target on the battlefield. Don't waste your time. Play a kobold first, then a dward, then a norseman. There is absolutely NO reason to play a troll.

-G

Unless you like "running" about looking fat and slow and then going SLAM!! splat splat splat on silly people that think oooh slow troll, let's kill it! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
I would have thought playing a troll would actually have been something of an advantage these days, as the players with half a brain or more (ok so there aren't that many of them) leave them alone and attack more typically threatening races instead...

The probelm is the only people ive seen od this are FC, everybody else thinks ooo troll .... killl

Then they all get blasted by the 10 dwarf runmasters at the back :D

FC rule.

Tilda

F

fl3a

troll for shammy, troll for zerk.
troll for mystic, and troll for desert.

B

ButaneBob

Hmmmm sooo trolls are easy to spot?

NOT GOOD!!

I hear there are classes where you can go invisible soo as not to be noticed so that you can sneak up and kill peeps from behind HEHE

Sounds more my cuppa tea :)

Bobbin along singin a song....

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by ButaneBob
Mid Excailber

EXCALIBUR

Thankfully someone pointed out the middguard thingie already... (thanks Tasans!).
Bloody know atleast how your own realm/server is spelled... argh!

</pethate>

B

ButaneBob

jee whizz are u guys the spelling police or wot?

PEDANTS!!

Bobs down..waits for shit to fly ;)

O

old.tRoG

dont insult T3H P1X13 B0Y3H... he'll attack you with his magic fairy dust!

otherwise known as waccy baccy.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Arnor2
wildfire: I wish :)

zerker IS a more threatening class :p

To the thread-starter...
Skald would be the best for a troll, i think. Str isn't your primary stat so you can use the initial boost...
Warrior trolls don't have the good dex for blocking/parrying, thane trolls don't have the dex for (yup!) blocking/parrying..
Troll zerker? Nice uber-low qui for those huge initial hits, but your evade rate (and parry..) will be buggered.

O

old.tRoG

my troll zerker ripped things up in the first bg, but after that he started to get worse and worse :'(

go to the whineboards, they all seem to be saying zerkers rule.

but then, theyre americans. *scoff*

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I like the sound Trolls make when hit...

And Cerebus is right... I rather target a troll than a dwarf.
Must be some primal instinct thing.
Be manly man - attack the biggest and smelliest creature.

Have fun on Midddguard Eksailibuhr... if you roll an alt on a different server, I recommend Prydwen/Albion.
kkthxbye

E

erl

To keep to the subject, I say as some others, skald will make the best troll class since they don't need dex much at all and could use the extra strength.

O

old.LandShark

wait... d'oh!
I replied seriously to a blatantly joke :/
ah well

O

old.Kladen

why doesnt people think its quicker to kill dwarves than trolls? dwarves are the hardest race to kill in the game.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

That sentence made no sense and you answered it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom