What kind of myhtological creature are you?

S

SFXman

Take the test.
Well I am a,
phoenix.jpg

O

old.tRoG

wft is an incubus?!

just looks like some wierdo out of lotr to me...

incubi.jpg

S

SFXman

Originally posted by tRoG
wft is an incubus?!

just looks like some wierdo out of lotr to me...

incubi.jpg

In medieval European folklore, the incubus is a male demon (or evil spirit) who visits women in their sleep to lie with them in ghostly sexual intercourse. The woman who falls victim to an incubus will not awaken, although may experience it in a dream. Should she get pregnant the child will grow inside her as any normal child, except that it will possess supernatural capabilities. Usually the child grows into a person of evil intent or a powerful wizard. Legend has it that the magician Merlin was the result of the union of an incubus and a nun. A succubus is the female variety, and she concentrates herself on men. According to one legend, the incubus and the succubus were fallen angels.
The word incubus is Latin for "nightmare".

Wow! You are on lucky dude! Go get 'em and have a great time doing it :D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by tRoG
ah, so thats why it called me a stud :)
Hehe. Wonder how many types of creatures you can be by that test.

O

old.tRoG

i took it again (with different answers) and i'm a dragon

:flame:raaaaaaaaaaar!:flame:

hmm... a stud or a fire-breathing lizard... choices :rolleyes:

O

old.Raziel

Oh well cant complain with that result

dragon.jpg

O

old.tRoG

i think i choose the incubus :)

btw, do i get eternal life? cos it seems like there's only one of me...

O

old.Wels

Can't seem to get anything else but Incubus and Pheonix, mostly Incubus

O

old.Zufad^DaFuzz

I'm a Gryphon :rolleyes:, whats one of those?

O

old.Raziel

Originally posted by Wels
Can't seem to get anything else but Incubus and Pheonix, mostly Incubus

it's a mix of a eagle and a lion if i remember right

S

SFXman

rofl @ Bubbles and Keri. Look them up with a serach engine... that's how I got the Incubus explanation.

O

old.stroke

great...

gorgon.jpg

And i particularly stated i wanted to be male :p
Don't look at me! Or well, if you want to

S

SFXman

Pegasus:
In Greek Mythology, Pegasus is the winged horse that sprang from the blood of Medusa after her death.
While in the Stars, Pegasus is perceived as a large constellation in the Northern Hemisphere.

Hamadryad:
Dryad- Tree nymph. Dryads are linked to one tree, and when the tree dies, it dies. It can move freely outside of the tree. In ancient myth, it is portrayed as a shy being that flees from people. In Narnia, they are more mysterious than shy, and are faithful to Aslan and Narnia itself.
Hamadryad- A wood nymph that resembles a Dryad, except it cannot leave its tree.

Gorgon:
These are female monsters with snakes for hair. Their faces are so ugly that any man that see the face will turn to stone. Oddly the three gorgons have very different origins. Stheno and Euryale were born as gorgons from Phorcys and Ceto. They are immortal.
Medusa was not.

Nereia:
In Greek mythology, the nereids were sea-nymphs, daughters of the nymph Doris and of Nereus. They number in fifty (although it is sometimes said that they number in 100), and were friendly nymphs who rendered assistance to sailors. They also had the power to change into any form they chose. Sometimes seen frolicking on the surface of the water, the nereids (whose name means 'wet ones') lived in the underwater palace of their father. These virgins had golden hair and each had a golden throne in their father's palace. They wove and spun and often rode on dolphins.

Gryphon:
A fabulous animal, symbolically significant for its domination of both the earth and the sky - because of its lion's body and eagle's head and wings. It has typological antecedents in ancient Asia, especially in the Assyrian k'rub, which is also the source of the Hebrew cherub. The frequent representations of griffin-like creatures in Persian art made them symbolize ancient Persia for the Jews. In Greece the griffin was a symbol of vigilant strength; Apollo rode one, and griffins guarded the gold of the Hyperboreans of the far north. The griffin was also an embodiment of Nemesis, the goddess of retribution, and turned her wheel of fortune. In legend the creature was a symbol of superbia (arrogant pride), because Alexander the Great was said to have tried to fly on the backs of griffins to the edge of the sky. At first also protrayed as a satanic figure entrapping human souls, the creature later became (from Dante onward) a symbol of the dual nature (divine and human) of Jesus Christ, precisely because of its mastery of earth and sky. The solar associations of both the lion and the eagle favored this positive reading. The griffin thus also became the adversary of serpents and basilisks, both of which were seen as embodiments of satanic demons. Even Christ's Ascension came to be associated with the griffin. The creature appeared as frequently in the applied arts (tapestries, the work of goldsmiths) as in heraldry. In the latter domain, Boeckler (1688) offered the following interpretation: "Griffins are protrayed with a lion's body, an eagle's head, long ears, and an eagle's claws, to indicate that one must combine intelligence and strength."

O

old.stroke

Seems the gorgon's this picture is refering to turns people to stone with their eyes, as they don't look too bad :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by stroke
Seems the gorgon's this picture is refering to turns people to stone with their eyes, as they don't look too bad :)
They remind me of the Goa'uld.

O

old.Jierdan

Originally posted by stroke

That's what you get when you want more legs...

But i asked for two!
Ah well, back to eating grass i guess...

S

SFXman

Centaur:
The centaur is a being part human and part horse. Usually the head and upper body are human, and the lower body is that of a horse. They descended from Ixion and dwelled in Thessaly, where there were many horses. Ixion, one of the Lapiths of Thessaly, was in love with Hera. Zeus was jealous and made a cloud named Nephele to look like Hera. Ixion made love to Nephele, and thereby had a son named Centaurus. This child then went out and mated with the Mares of Thessaly, thereby making the Centaurs.
Other types of Centaurs are known to exist. In India, there exist centaur combinations of a snake body and fish tail with human thorax, human arms, and a horse's or bull's legs. The centaur is a potentially uncontrollable creature, often associated with drunkenness, lust, licentiousness and physical, especially sexual, violence. The centaur apparently originated in Babylonia during the second millennium BC, probably coming with the Kassites, a barbaric people that moved into the Fertile Crescent around 1750 BC, probably from Iran or farther east. The Kassites document a double-faced (a man's face facing forward, a dragon's facing backward) and double-tailed (a horse's and a scorpion's tails), winged centaur. During the times of the Greek Empire, the centaur inhabited the region of Tessaly. They were human bodied with horse backs, and were a wild and lawless group who were almost completely wiped out by Hercules. Only the more friendly and intelligent individuals were spared. Among these were Cheiron and Pholos. The centaur Cheiron, son of Cronus, and to a lesser degree Pholos, who were perceived as wise, benevolent to mankind and universally loved.

B

Belsameth

I'm a Sphinx \o/
guess I can sit alone in the desert for eternity waiting till I'm corroded ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
I'm a Sphinx \o/
guess I can sit alone in the desert for eternity waiting till I'm corroded ;)
Not quite :)
In Hesiod's genealogical classification system the Sphinx is the child of Echidna and Typhoeus and therefore kin to other monsters like the Hydra, the Chimaira and the Nemean lion.
The Sphinx is best known as the riddle-loving monster which terrorised Thebes until Oedipus came along and answered her question correctly (a much cleaner way to despatch a monster than any of Herakles' efforts).

Oedipus' reward is to marry the queen of Thebes, his mother, which prompted Jung's reading of the Sphinx as the riddle herself which Oedipus failed to understand.

In ancient art the Sphinx is often shown carrying off young men. As a death-bringing snatcher she is comparable to the Harpies, also composite monsters who are sometimes shown on tombs carrying off the dead.

You carry off young men, hihii!

O

old.Hendrick

I am a centaur. Now I will never again be able to kill those Dartmoor ponies without a tear in my eye.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Hendrick
I am a centaur. Now I will never again be able to kill those Dartmoor ponies without a tear in my eye.
Hhehe :)
Read my centaur info above?

B

Belsameth

good thing I tricktly play female characters :)

can it be young trolls too though?
(or would that be Kobolts? :p )

O

old.arneduck

Ok, so Im a Erinyes....
erinyes.jpg

Didnt know what that was so i looked it up:

Chaos existed before everything. Night and Erebus are children of this chaos. From this void, love was somehow born and it created light and day. From this, earth emerged. Earth was simultaneously geography and an entity, as was heaven. Earth (Gaia) and Sky (Ouranos) gave birth to monsters that were terrible. First came hundred handed beasts, then the Cyclopes and their last children, the Titans. Ouranos hated the Titans. Gaia appealed to them and Cronus castrated his father. From his blood the Erinyes were born.

So whats an Erinyes then? Only managed to find a shorter description:

Furies (Erinyes): Goddesses who punish evil doers. The Greeks believed that they punished sinners while they were on earth. Their names are Tisiphone, Megaera and Allecto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom