What is the use

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Of having a useless Cs team in rightnow. I made a simple mistake when i activated my SoK, i picked 2handed instead of polearm..1 simple error in clicking. I realised this after and wrote to Rightnow asking for help. I have not used the SoK because i have no 2hander moves an all as i am specced pole.

My question to rightnow was
I have just recently activated my Spear of Kings artifact. I chose a pole weapon as i am a polearm user. When it was activated i found out it was activated as a 2handed weapon. I cannot use this artifact now as i have no points in 2handed and do not wish to respec everything just for this item. Would it be at all possible if it can be reset so i can chose the 1 handed thruster version of this or, if it has a thrust pole option that isnt a 2 hander, to fit in with my template?. Any help would be most welcome.
My char with the arti is Heath Cliff, lvl 50 Armsman in Albion on the Excali server. Thank you.

Got my reply, which is
Greetings,
Thank you for the query. We have investigated and found that when you activated the Spear of Kings you did in fact choose the two handed version rather than the pole=arm version. We cannot change an artifact once activated and neither can we reset the encounter for you.
I include below the relevant section of the server log - I have edited out some specific account information but the improtant parts are still there. Note that & is the server notation for a / and whis means you are clicking on the keyword in the NPCs dialogue (this is interpreted by the server as a whisper to the scholar).

[09/02/04 22:18:36] [][Heath]:[&gu i will as soon as i activate SoK m8]
[09/02/04 22:20:20] [][Heath]:[&hug]
[09/02/04 22:20:30] [][Heath]:[&hug]
[09/02/04 22:21:10] [][Heath]:[&whis serve]
[09/02/04 22:21:18] [][Heath]:[&whis Oceanus]
[09/02/04 22:23:14] [][Heath]:[&whis two]
[09/02/04 22:23:18] [][Heath]:[&whis thrusting]
[09/02/04 22:24:04] [][Heath]:[&gu ((O: ....thanks to all that helped me get it..and to Ori's lot last night for getting it then too (o;]
[09/02/04 22:29:45] [][Heath]:[&s sup?]
[09/02/04 22:29:58] [][Heath]:[&s ok...why not (o:]
[09/02/04 22:30:12] [][Heath]:[&duel accept]
[09/02/04 22:32:25] [][Heath]:[&s phew///close m8]
[09/02/04 22:32:31] [][Heath]:[&bow]
[09/02/04 22:32:49] [][Heath]:[&s lol..i know the feeling !!]
[09/02/04 22:36:36] [][Heath]:[&gu nn m8]
[09/02/04 22:37:47] [][Heath]:[&wave]
[09/02/04 22:37:59] [][Heath]:[&wave]
[09/02/04 22:38:01] [][Erialor]:[&gu got the spear Heath ? :)]
[09/02/04 22:38:02] [][Heath]:[&wave]
[09/02/04 22:38:17] [][Heath]:[&gu yes m8 (o:]
[09/02/04 22:38:45] [][Heath]:[&gu now gonna try it out in DF (O:]

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Why send me what i already know, i know i activated it as 2hander. I dont need a refresher there. So, i now have an arti that is bloody useless to me. With no chance of getting it again because i cant do it again. What a bunch of idiots. Because of 1 simple error all that hard work has gone to waste.

Thank you rightnow CS, bet you can fix your own chars problems quick enough.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
doubt he read that, otherwise he wouldnt of possted here :)
well if thats their policy, could try sleeping with a GM, or respecching 2h ;p

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=31259

5 threads down, why did you expect to get a different reply?

Because they said that he had had it activated for along time, mine has not even been used (and never will now). And i sure as hell am not going to respec because of it. SoK is now in my vault and that is where it will stay.

Pity it was a waste of time for my m8s and guildies who helped me get it. My error at choosing and their inability to change 2hander to polearm spec made it pointless. Last time i will be using Rightnow anyway. Nothing i have said to them gets sorted. All a case of "working as intended" or "i am sorry, we cannot change that..have a nice day".

As somebody pointed out...what is the use of the respec in NF if the artis are specced for what we have now !!..sounds bloody daft to me. Saying "try a new spec" but not with your weps !

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Heath said:
Because they said that he had had it activated for along time
Uh, no, maybe try reading what GOA had to say in that thread rather than the 'my mate told me .....' crap someone else wrote.

To be honest thats just GOA for youi tried to get characters restored once... and the Cs team said they couldn't be restored... but i knew they could so i asked our gm at the time (kemor) and they were restored within 5 mins flat :| i think alot of Cs team don't do there jobs properly tbh altho there is no proof of this!

Chilly

Balls of steel
be more careful in future mate, pity goa cant/wont help you but thats the way it is :(

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
how will they know you if you really did make a mistake?

as far as they're concerned you made the error. not them

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
how will they know you if you really did make a mistake?

as far as they're concerned you made the error. not them

Well, they can still check my logs...because when i got into DF i was cursing about not speccing the SoK right. Ah well, live and learn (o:

Chilly, damn right m8...gonna read everything that daft scholar says now..twice :)

And, to Draylor..what is your problem??..i made a mistake..admitted i made a mistake, why do you have to get angry and rant and rave, if you have not got a decent comment to say...button it. I did read the whole thread...but when i did mine post was a little blip on the 2nd page. I wanted a full on mine of my own to say about it. Do you have a problem with that??..are you taking it up the bum from the CS team so get personally offended when i moan at them ??. If not, to either question, pass this thread by and leave it be. I have no come to terms with the fact that i wont get it changed or get another one. Why don't you. After all...i DID read the crap GOA wrote, and not some "my mate told me" crap !!!. Everybody needs a whine to get it out of the system. It's out of mine now ((o:

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
I think GOAs argument here was that you said you clicked on Pole to activate and it came up as 2 handed - where in actual fact the servers are showing that you did indeed click on 2 handed. As far as they're concerned you made a mistake, and that mistake can't be rectified (not sure if it's right or wrong to be honest with you).

Couple of things really - one is that it's unfair to blame anyone else or try and make anyone feel guilty for your clicking mistake (although I do sypathise with you mate).

Secondly, I think when it comes to GOA CS, it all depends on what kind of a mood they are in or who you speak to. Some will try and help you out, others will simply glance at a rule book and say yey or nay straight away. For instance I know that Zargar is generally very accommodating in most situations and will try and help if he can, but some others either will not, or have not got the power to bend the rules a wee bit as it were.

In this instance just seems like bad luck - but also a lesson to everyone - be TRIPLE sure you are clicking on the right activation settings of your artifacts.

:fluffle:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Heath said:
And, to Draylor..what is your problem?
Awwww, someone doesnt like being laughed at.

In your original RightNow report that you cut'n'paste here you lied about what you actually did. You didnt even say you made a mistake. GOAs logs proved exactly what you did.

By coming here to whine did you really expect sympathy?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Draylor said:

In your original RightNow report that you cut'n'paste here you lied about what you actually did. You didnt even say you made a mistake. GOAs logs proved exactly what you did.

i doubt he also expected to get "laughed" at either. He has admitted his mistake, he even said live and learn. no need for the all-out-hostility you show here. and he didnt lie, he just didnt state the cause of his error.

Lying would be "hi der i activated teh spear as pole but it is nwo teh 2h!!1"

Methos

Loyal Freddie
If they fix your artifact and change it or roll it back, and you post 'yoohoo they changed my artifact' on FH, guess what will happen.

The RN reports will triple in volume due to half the populous wanting an artifact changed and crying foul when GOA says no ("You did it for him, you MUST do it for me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!").

This is one precedent GOA really doesn't want to set. Personally i can't blame them. If it's something important you just have to take the time to do it right.

Sucks having the wrong artifact though.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know why they wont change artifacts, because in the US they do. I know of a few people who have had Traitor's Dagger changed from slash to thrust for instance, and yet when I asked for the same thing over here, I just got the same standard reply: "We are unable to change an artifact once it has been activated...".

Either they haven't got access to some of the tools the boys in the US have, or they're just plain lazy :p Though I agree with the post above, if they do it once, then lots and lots of people will want it doing. Don't know why they just don't have an NPC do it for them though like people can do with Malice, Battler, etc.

Chopke

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear that your artie is ruined Heath, and bad luck with not getting a positive reply from GOA.

/hugs

Draylor

Part of the furniture
pikeh said:
no need for the all-out-hostility you show here. and he didnt lie
Heath said:
I chose a pole weapon as i am a polearm user
Server logs said:
[09/02/04 22:23:14] [][Heath]:[&whis two]
[09/02/04 22:23:18] [][Heath]:[&whis thrusting]
What else would you call it then?

As for hostility, after his comments I was (in my opinion of course) more polite than he deserved :p

Sure making a mistake and getting no help at all with it sucks, as has been said many times before. Ranting & raving at GOA for pointing out that he hadnt actually done what he'd said achieves nothing at all.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In the other thread I explained why we don't do this. Last time I checked Mythic don't change artifacts either unless the artifact has been incorrectly activated through a server bug as this grab-bag confirms.
It's also not a case of how kind the individual CSR is feeling either, we work to the same rulebook and same policies whether you are playing on English, French or German servers. Incidentally the CS team for all ingame issues (i.e. everything except first line tech support and billing) are also the GM team. We can't make an exception for one person no matter how much we'd like to otherwise we just create a huge rod for our own backs when everybody else complains about one guy getting preferential treatment.

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh - just my $0.02

If someone activates something in error - especially given the
nature of artifacts, and the fact you cannot get them again,
if they report it right away - I cannot see how this could
possibly be an issue ? (as it is clear from what other people
have written, that it can be done in the US).

People who go camp encounters (despite the official line about
not supporting campers - how is a casual, or evening player
meant to get these 'absurd' pop time encounters/artifacts/
scrolls?), get their friends/guildee's to help them, buy or farm
the scrolls - only to find out that they've clicked the wrong
one - and the CSR line is "tough luck".

Quick and easy way to scythe down your playerbase imho,
especially in a competitive world of MMORPG, people will just
ask - what do CSR's do then ? why should I stay ?

People spend AGES making a good template, EVEN LONGER
trying to get the Artifacts, EVEN LONGER exp-ing them, only
to find out one-click and their template is ruined.

Whatever the official line may say, to me that just suggests
you couldn't care less. For the sake of a trivial item change.

Power-players may delete and re-roll, and re-farm, but to the
average user - its not an option.

The way Artifacts work/activate/prohibit being activated
again/DEGRADE - wtf is all that about anyway - what a
shoddy pile of nonsense. What happens to players who've
spent ages xping their arti - only for durability to be 70%

-- and you cant get it again --

I've heard you can do some kind of quest to improve the Dur
in 1.70, but nothing concrete.

Since you guys like imposing punative measures wherever
possible, why not say that if you can get ANOTHER Artifact
WITH the scrolls again - you can 'sacrifice' the first one
(it gets destroyed) and activate the 2nd one in its place,
WITH the same level as the sacrificed one ?

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:

I don't mind being laughed at at all...what i dont like is your crappy attitude over something that has nothing to do with you. As i said, if you didnt have a constructive comment why did you even post at all (apart from trying to get a stupid post count title prolly). If you read my first post...you will see in my 2nd line where i admitted i picked 2hander instead of pole...how is that a lie??. What i didnt realise is that (as a pole weapon goes into the 2handed slot) is that isnt a 2handed item !!..go fig !!..another simple mistake to make as i used to be s/s spec and respecced to polearm for more damage.
I am sorry if i dont know every little detail of the game 100%, like noticing the difference between a thrust pole and a 2handed pole !!. Did you know??...i also have a scout and didnt realise about different type bows for speed. distance and damage either. Does that make me a noob ?..if so, i am a noob but i dont give a rats ass what you think.

As for saying i lied to right now...]:[&whis two]
the full name, if i remember is a two handed polearm ....see because of the wording why i picked it !!...as i didnt want a 1 handed polearm because i use TD with my shield..i wanted a polearm weapon to back up to. Simple mistake..easily done, i know next time what to do. And for Requiel, not getting at you m8...i was just a bit miffed at the time due to the time and effort wasted. I look back and chuckle now though...as i said..live and learn ((o:
And, Draylor...MY comments !!!..you had already whined 2 times in my post even before i made any comments about you..and if you didnt have the "you screwed up, live with it" attitude to begin with, i would not have been offended by your comments. I know i have to live with it..i just wanted to let off a bit of steam..and FH is ideal for it.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Come'on goa, change his Arti. Heath is one of the few active armsmen left on albion...... change it before he will reroll also !! :)

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Come'on goa, change his Arti. Heath is one of the few active armsmen left on albion...... change it before he will reroll also !! :)

LOL...not gonna reroll at all m8...having to much fun in Alb (o: ...anyway, i still have that big lifeproc polearm to cause a few headaches. And, i have Heath for far too long to delete him because of a damn daft arti.
And, my scout is lvl 39 so i have something to go for there too now (only had him on my account since day 1 so i thought i had better get some levels on him !! :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Heath said:
you had already whined
I hadnt whined actually, I replied.

If I was whining there would be absolutely no doubt at all about it. Whining is something Im rather good at :p

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
In the other thread I explained why we don't do this. Last time I checked Mythic don't change artifacts either unless the artifact has been incorrectly activated through a server bug as this grab-bag confirms.
It's also not a case of how kind the individual CSR is feeling either, we work to the same rulebook and same policies whether you are playing on English, French or German servers. Incidentally the CS team for all ingame issues (i.e. everything except first line tech support and billing) are also the GM team. We can't make an exception for one person no matter how much we'd like to otherwise we just create a huge rod for our own backs when everybody else complains about one guy getting preferential treatment.

Thanks for the post Requiel... but I'd just like to clear something up. I PERSONALLY know of an instance in which I have asked a GM for something in RightNow and had it granted with no fuss, and even some humour, and a friend of mine has asked for EXACTLY the same thing, and been told that it's not something you do under any circumstances. Zargar made the change for me, not sure who gave my friend his reply - that is what I refer to when I mean depends upon who it is / what mood they are in. Zargar even helped me do what I needed to before hand to ensure that it happened. Dont wanna tell you what it is in case a) you take it back lol and b) EVERYONE tries to do it.

Just thought I'd point that out.

:cheers:

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Can I point out that Zargar no longer works for Goa...

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Quick question to the GM's then...prolly gonna sound noobish as hell...what would happen if i got 3 more scrolls...and bought the arti of a CM??...would i still be able to activate it for my char or is that chance now closed??...not a flame but a genuine question. As i have had people offer to get the spear for me again and pass it to me unactivated. Or, because i have already activated a SoK already, the scholar will not talk to me??

As you can see i am clutching at straws here (((o:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Heath said:
Quick question to the GM's then...prolly gonna sound noobish as hell...what would happen if i got 3 more scrolls...and bought the arti of a CM??...would i still be able to activate it for my char or is that chance now closed??...not a flame but a genuine question. As i have had people offer to get the spear for me again and pass it to me unactivated. Or, because i have already activated a SoK already, the scholar will not talk to me??

As you can see i am clutching at straws here (((o:
As you suspect, the scholar won't talk to you as your character has been flagged as having activated the artifact already.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
Can I point out that Zargar no longer works for Goa...
Yeah but whats the diffrence in the attitude he took to the one other gms have taken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom