what is new in dark age??

F

fatso

Hello well i have been away from dark age for a long time now (left when the battleground came out about a month later i left) And i am thinking of coming back but like to know what is new and stuff now i know there is a new add on out so if any one could post some web sites that would be cool, also like some info from some players. First like to know if the add on is any good, like any good or not worth it cos no one goes there. Also i like to know about rvr when i was there not much to do after level 35 (the only battle ground there endded at level 35) Is the rvr the same nothing to do for 35 to 45? Also like to know what soleing like any better or still work for hours to move the blue bar 1mm? Also any thing else a comeback player would need to know that would be good :). Any one able to help that would be very helpful :)

fatso

T

tenken

yo I've just come back too.... stopped around the same time :)

dunno why I'm posting this just thought I'd say hello. I'd also be interested to know what's changed

K

klavrynd

sheer boredom, frustration and zerging nicely sums it up

A

-ag-bometal

But you guys love it, admit it

You are addicted to it

the drug DAOC

Dont start replaying !!!!!

There is no way back

Save yourself

T

tris-

Originally posted by klavrynd
sheer boredom, frustration and zerging nicely sums it up

so quit and shut the fuck up.

B

Brunore

There is a new bg0 for Levels 17-19 I think, bg1 is usually one realm zerging, think lowbie emain, bg2/3 never get used.

SI, respec stones, various nerfs, so since you left...

Nothing really, just bigger zergs as already stated.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Brunore
There is a new bg0 for Levels 17-19 I think, bg1 is usually one realm zerging, think lowbie emain, bg2/3 never get used.

SI, respec stones, various nerfs, so since you left...

Nothing really, just bigger zergs as already stated.
´

minor correction, bg0 is 15 to 19

C

chretien

This reminds me of the 'What have the Romans done for us?' sketch in Life of Brian.

So apart from a new battleground, 6 new zones and four new dungeons per realm and a new multi-realm dungeon, corpse summoners, extensions to many existing dungeons, spellcrafting, alchemy, better epic drops, more post 50 pve content, one new race and two new classes per realm what has Mythic ever done for us?

And all the whining about Zergs? I don't understand. If you don't like zergs then don't RvR in Emain. I get plenty of fun RvR and I rarely see a zerg all night. Be part of the solution instead of the problem and take your RvRing somewhere else.

B

Balbor

if you don't like zergs don't join an RvR only elite guild as they are the causes of them, running around the midgates and portal keeps killing everything that tries to get past before long a zerg is the only way of getting past them. (all realms do it so i'm not having a go at any one guild)

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by n3wbie
so quit and shut the fuck up.

sigh, seems like daoc never changes. and hello fatty, long time no see. i quit about 6 months ago, and i bet its still pants. but maybe come back, but zerging will never change

K

kirennia

Originally posted by chretien
This reminds me of the 'What have the Romans done for us?' sketch in Life of Brian.

So apart from a new battleground, 6 new zones and four new dungeons per realm and a new multi-realm dungeon, corpse summoners, extensions to many existing dungeons, spellcrafting, alchemy, better epic drops, more post 50 pve content, one new race and two new classes per realm what has Mythic ever done for us?

And all the whining about Zergs? I don't understand. If you don't like zergs then don't RvR in Emain. I get plenty of fun RvR and I rarely see a zerg all night. Be part of the solution instead of the problem and take your RvRing somewhere else.

Kinda what he said :)

Realms are a lot better balanced since then m8, despite what quite a few people will say. Albion fg's in my experience are generally much better then hib ones and after 1.62, better then mid ones too. But that's a point that 90% of people will disagree with me on.

Generally a lot more fun for new people but less fun for those who have been here for 1 1/2years for obvious reasons

G

Gamah

Always amuses me when people whine about zergs..these are genrally the same people that log on and port straight to emain..

My stomping ground is odins/uppland and 70% of the time solo I last more than 20 min..sure somtimes I get zerged etc but its not as half as much as emain..

Odin's is great for FGvsFG action which I find this most enjoyable part of RvR

So ignore whiners because they are normally the ones who don't try anything different and Log on > Emain > Zerg/Zerged > Die > Emain > Zerg/Zerged > Die > Emain...well you get the picture

Gamah out :)

oh P.S Nerf bonedancers :eek:

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by chretien

I agree. nice post.

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Cala-more
bigger zergs than ever

I love it ... U just have to make a char that is good in these big "zergs" .. like sorc, theurg, fighters ... it's all we need :)

most of the old peeps are use to 1FG vs 1FG .. but U have to realize that U aren't the only lvl 50's in Emain anymore, so alot of these "zergs" have flowered :D

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
But you guys love it, admit it

You are addicted to it

the drug DAOC

Dont start replaying !!!!!

There is no way back

Save yourself

hell yeah

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by kirennia
Kinda what he said :)

Realms are a lot better balanced since then m8, despite what quite a few people will say. Albion fg's in my experience are generally much better then hib ones and after 1.62, better then mid ones too. But that's a point that 90% of people will disagree with me on.

Generally a lot more fun for new people but less fun for those who have been here for 1 1/2years for obvious reasons

HAHAHA I like how you say that an alb fg is better than hib's and will be better than mid's and that that is " better balanced " .

Peopel like you should be pounchd in the nose with a spiked glove

P

parisienscot

bg2/3 never get used.

Actually bg3 (Caledonia) is very active on Excalibur - it's just the Pyrdwenites who don't use it.

C

chretien

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bg2/3 never get used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually bg3 (Caledonia) is very active on Excalibur - it's just the Pyrdwenites who don't use it.

And when people start to cotton on to the free level per BG quest then the other BGs will get busier. If I was levelling another character, I'd quite like four free levels thank you very much.

O

old.Alliandre

I'd quite like four free levels thank you very much.

They're not exactly "free". First you have to take part in a successful keep take in that bg before getting to the rp limit. That is not very easy. Especially in bg0

PS. It's 5 free levels btw :p bg0, bg1, bg2, bg3, and the merchant keep for 35-45's.

C

chretien

Yay!
I made it into someones sig...

<is happy>
<is easy to please>

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by kirennia

Realms are a lot better balanced since then m8, despite what quite a few people will say.

Albion fg's in my experience are generally much better then hib ones and after 1.62, better then mid ones too. But that's a point that 90% of people will disagree with me on.

I'd agree with the first bit.... things are getting a lot more balanced.

but not on the latter... they're getting a lot closer, but instants still rule in mach5-combat (aka emain gank groups)... the sorcerer range advantage certainly makes a difference but it's far from making alb groups better than hib and mid ones...

Come 1.62 - it'll take a couple of months for all the gank groip zerkers to reroll as savages ;) which although not as stupid as current zerkers are still rather sick. Defence is fixed - so the double-spec of a polearmsman or a 2h armsman becomes that much more of a handicap... and that's just looking at the tanks ;)

There's still imbalances but they're a lot less silly than they've been in the past.

D

Damon_D

yeah nerfing the berzerker , the shadowblade , runies and the shaman sure makes it " balanced " ... Eat Yellow Snow Dude !

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
yeah nerfing the berzerker , the shadowblade , runies and the shaman sure makes it " balanced " ... Eat Yellow Snow Dude !
Guess our alchemists will be doin some more buisness with the patch. Since shamans wont be handing out the buffs like they used to when you asked. And cant they make the potions stackable.

D

Damon_D

Well that m8.. and we will see LOADS more bot's..ffs I'm even making a bot for my shaman in preperation... I would like an hour alone with the dude at Mythic , who made this happen.. I bet we would see a massive mid love patch after that hour....

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
ffs I'm even making a bot for my shaman in preperation...

YEs it really is getting ridiculous - I have actually seen shammies with shammie buffbots.

D

Damon_D

Yeah how am I surrpossed to buff a fg with 12 buff's..that's 1,5 spec buff ( qui/dex or str/con or pie buff for casters ) pr person... And dont give me no.. " well only the tanks need end " shit... You know thats bullshit, and if you dont..well then maybe you should get brain-surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom