What is it to 'zerg' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poag

m00?
bascially, when does a group of players become a zerg?

Personally i call a zerg anything over 4or5fg of the same realm.

I asked some of Mael on IRC and got two answers, Remi's was anything that out numbers your 2 : 1, and someone else [i forget who] classed it as anything that is of a great number of grps than the other side [ie 4fg vs 3fg..the 4fg is zerging]

So the question is.....What do you class as a zerg?

Like i said i call a zerg 4fg and when i am solo [happens alot on my scout] and i get killed by 4 or 5 nmy stealthers [over a fg stealther is a zerg in my mind] or killed by a fg i term that as 'got rolled', i mean is the fg really just gonna leave u as ur solo?...no

Poag

m00?
Sulphur said:
how did i know that was coming?

i was gonna write somehting in my post about not pointing fingers but i thought maturity might have risen..guess not.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Imo a zerg is different comparing to who is in it...

Say Maelstrom + BO run together that's a zerg but 2fg random mids running together isn't necessarily a zerg.

Basically it's a zerg if your force is much stronger than a balanced enemy fg.

imo.

Stealthers is something different ofc, 4+ is a zerg there I guess, mebe even 3 if they got an op minstrel also :p

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Lighten up a bit.. :) A zerg is a number of forces working together who aren't linked in a group enviroment.

Happy?

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
bascially, when does a group of players become a zerg?

Personally i call a zerg anything over 4or5fg of the same realm.

I asked some of Mael on IRC and got two answers, Remi's was anything that out numbers your 2 : 1, and someone else [i forget who] classed it as anything that is of a great number of grps than the other side [ie 4fg vs 3fg..the 4fg is zerging]

So the question is.....What do you class as a zerg?

Like i said i call a zerg 4fg and when i am solo [happens alot on my scout] and i get killed by 4 or 5 nmy stealthers [over a fg stealther is a zerg in my mind] or killed by a fg i term that as 'got rolled', i mean is the fg really just gonna leave u as ur solo?...no
I'd agree with Remi, it's any force that outnumbers you 2:1 really that you stand very little chance of defeating.

If you're solo a FG is a Zerg. If you're a balanced FG, balanced 2FG of enemy players is a Zerg etc. It's a perspective thing also, say 1FG of Hibs in Emain but 5FG of Albs and Mids. Hibs most certainly percieve Albs and Mids to be Zerging, but Albs and Mids may not have that perception of one another (then again they might).

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
All this zerg stuff is nonsense as far as im concerned.. Dread to think if we went back 50 years.. Half of you would be screaming ROFLWTF ZERG when hitler brought along a few reinforcements. RvR is a battle.. It's never going to be fair.. it's always unpredictable.. Much like real life battles, thats what makes it fun :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Maleg said:
I'd agree with Remi, it's any force that outnumbers you 2:1 really that you stand very little chance of defeating.

If you're solo a FG is a Zerg. If you're a balanced FG, balanced 2FG of enemy players is a Zerg etc. It's a perspective thing also, say 1FG of Hibs in Emain but 5FG of Albs and Mids. Hibs most certainly percieve Albs and Mids to be Zerging, but Albs and Mids may not have that perception of one another (then again they might).

So you can never have 3 zergs fighting each other as they would never out number each other 2:1 and would have a chance of defeating each other .. by that definition.. So when someone said that 3 zergs mid alb and hib the other day at amgE thing its not accurate as they were of comparible numbers.

A zerg is used to describe a lot of players running together with the intention of fighting together and is usually more than you can quickly count to report back to /as or something .. ie to look at a number of enemies you can usually say its 2 groups or so but when u get a few more in there the number of chars is harder to estimate and therefore you use the word zerg.

to say that 2fg is a zerg .. how ever many your number are is a bit silly. As i wander solo around emain and i see a fg running i dont report /as a zerg running between x and y .. i say a fg even tho they outnumber me more than 2:1

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
a zerg is being outnumbered by lots compared to you..
ie: a fg vs a soloer (this ofc does not count vs alb stealthers :p), 3fg vs 1fg (2fg vs 1fg, if the 1fg play well, it can be won by the 1fg :) )

A

Aoln

I would say as a stealther 3-4+ is a zerg and in grps 2fg+ is a zerg.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
A zerg is a group of people who is unbeatable by using the standard etics of daoc.

Which means a balanced group is a zerg to a random group.
A balanced hib group is a zerg towards any alb group.
5fg randoms is only a zerg towards the enemies who cant beat them.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
any group of people you have 0 chance of beating is a zerg, imo

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
Any group with steveh in.

Steveh can be in 1 group at a time if I'm playin the same game as u are, so explain pls. Maybe there are multiple copies of him, tho I didn't notice that in the past 2 years. And as u say that any group, a group is built up from 8 players, which u call a zerg with your post. Should forget about the old days (a year ago maybe) when we ran with 2 groups in HW and odins, with damn random classes in them (fire wizi on rvr? don't make me laugh..). Things _do_ change, just a few of u can't see further then your nose. bah nm :(

to the zergy thing:
in solo, if a group kills u, u may say they zerged u into the ground, i would say u were on the wrong place, wrong time :)
in open field group rvr, i feel it true what Remi said (2:1 outnumber)
keep stuffs are different aswell, zerg is needed (which should rather be called a lot ppl, not a zerg), even if only one group defending it.

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
mostly agree what you're saying but I'd say it's zergwars if it would be 6fg vs 6fg without a purose like relicraid or something.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Zerg-
Term used by annoyed daoc players as an excuse to why they just lost a battle due to the enemy having greater numbers than them.

Zerg-
A race of Aliens in the computer game Starcraft that use large numbers to win battles.

Thats it, most of it is whine tho.
(1FG has been called a zerg when a stealther adds etc)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Zerg = Force made to outnumber the enemy (in the other words zerg is a force bigger than the standard of the server). Getting "zerged" doesn't have to mean that you got killed by a zerg, people are using word "zerged" when they get outnumbered in general (and when they get "adds").

Example (since I'm 100% sure everyone doesn't understand what I try to say :p) : You know the enemy is running with group of 8 peeps. You decide to move with 9 peeps to get advantage against the enemy. You are zerging. Period :p

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
Think the word zerg acually comes from the game startcraft as the race uses numbers to win, so it's basically the same thing :p

Poag

m00?
people are going off course...we know what the zerg is.

In DAoC numbers terms i am trying to find out 'how many people do you need to be classed as a zerg'

not the meaning of the word or where it comes from, how many.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Gale said:
not the meaning of the word or where it comes from, how many.
In Daoc terms that would be 1 or more than the server standard. If the standard force for stealthers is 3 and you group up with 4(+) to get advantage you are zerging. If the standard of open RvR is 2fg and you are running with 17 peeps or more you are zerging. If you are going to fight against 10fg of enemy with 10fg you are not zerging.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i always see the zerg as a group of mindless people who just use a single tactic to win.

IE the 1fg who assist + stick + anytime style doesnt really have much brains behind it so i would class them as a zerg.

While the 5fgs who stay back consider tactics wouldnt be considered a zerg.

ANy zerg is where more than half the people use 3 buttons :D

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
i always see the zerg as a group of mindless people who just use a single tactic to win.

IE the 1fg who assist + stick + anytime style doesnt really have much brains behind it so i would class them as a zerg.

While the 5fgs who stay back consider tactics wouldnt be considered a zerg.

ANy zerg is where more than half the people use 3 buttons :D

Mmm, I can see those five groups carefully planning their next move.

Zergling1: "OLOL CHARGE M8S!!1"
Zergling2: "w8 we got ld!1"
Zergling3: "HAHA LETS KICK THOSE <insert random realm> SCUMS ASS!!"
Zergling4: "stay at the mg ffs!"
Zergling5: "LETS TAKE RELICS!"
Zergling1: "STFU!"
Zergling5: "who made u boss???"
Zergling3: "FOR <insert realm>!!"

And so on

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
z3_1t.gif

you can just see the terran player saying "ffs zerg zerg, I'm logging"

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
Mmm, I can see those five groups carefully planning their next move.

Zergling1: "OLOL CHARGE M8S!!1"
Zergling2: "w8 we got ld!1"
Zergling3: "HAHA LETS KICK THOSE <insert random realm> SCUMS ASS!!"
Zergling4: "stay at the mg ffs!"
Zergling5: "LETS TAKE RELICS!"
Zergling1: "STFU!"
Zergling5: "who made u boss???"
Zergling3: "FOR <insert realm>!!"

And so on

that sounds like a hib relic defence cg :<

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Steveh said:
:) only joking was just a cool thing to say :x

A zerg is a large amount of people .. 3fg + on prydwen .. while on excal maybe zerg would be 6fg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom