What is a Highlander and why do they baf so much ?

T

trigali

The etymology of the word Highlander comes out with a word which is synonymous to GIMP.

The reason why they baf is that, basically, as they are gutless yellow-bellies, they are WAY too scared to take any fights one-on-one.

Hope this helps.

T

trigali

Bring A Friend.

Basically, the sociable mobs that will come in pairs or more when attacked. Typically the mammals (i.e. wolves, werewolves that hunt in packs) but also the skellies in Muspelheim and many others.

As opposed to Adds, which is basically just an mob that is aggressive to you and just tags along the fight uninvited, because you happened to be too close to it when you were fighting something else.

If you have a decent group, baf mobs are better, because they bring a group bonus on top of the normal exp gained when killing the mobs themselves

Adds will give more exp only because you end up having to kill 2 mobs instead of one, but it will not give group bonus.

Z

zelphi

On a side note, Highlanders usually refer to people from Scotland, and I believe that is what the Daoc translation is.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

What's wrong with bringing your friends?

O

old.tRoG

If you mean Highlander as in Scotsman, the meaning would be:

"A very handsome, intelligent, man."

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
What's wrong with bringing your friends?

Just shows that you can't kill nothing solo imo tbh.

S

Spinky

Well Mid have a guild whose name abbrivates to BaF, 'nuff said :clap:

Y

-yoda-

this thread is quiet amusing comming from the main oster whos in the radar zerg guild

F

F.I.V

The etymology of the word Highlander comes out with a word which is synonymous to GIMP.

The reason why they baf is that, basically, as they are gutless yellow-bellies, they are WAY too scared to take any fights one-on-one.

Hope this helps.

Hehehe, kinda ironic coming from a Middy ;)

I was in Emain with a guildmate this afternoon. Me, a 45 Friar and Victus, a 49 Armsman, just out for a stroll like you do (;)) when we got set upon by 5 or 6 middies and it took them a mez, a stun and all 6 of them jumping us to kill us.

Yet when Albs bring a few people for the fray we get called zergers...

/hugs the hipocrisy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread