What I'd like from WAR

Bahumat

FH is my second home
THis has probably been said by someone before, but I figure "what the heck".

I do think Destruction classes are slightly more powerful than Order, but I wont go into that rant.

RVR
Copy the daoc Frontier so that you have 3 large islands full of keeps and towers. Make it a zone you HAVE to port to. The advantage here is that the zone is a clustered area. That way you would not suffer from a low populated RVR zone.

The only issue is "what happens if all the servers have too many people in the RVR Frontier zone thus its unplayable". I don't know how to fix that.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
The advantage here is that the zone is a clustered area. That way you would not suffer from a low populated RVR zone.

Are you talking of server clustering now? Cuz' that's the worst thing that can happen to PvP/RvR in a game imo. The tight community of server rivalry is great when you remember the names of your enemies.

But ofc I like the other stuff, frontiers are awsome. Don't think they will ever implement it though.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd prefer to avoid it, but not everyone's on Karak 8 Peaks so their servers must be pretty quiet? I realise K8P is not the only busy server, but I'd hate to be on a frontier with bugger all enemies.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
And we all loved waiting for port, Bet my grave stones still in dl.

:iagree:

Porting had a couple of good points. You never arrived alone/Groups were made on the pad/ and ofc there was time to make a brew :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Porting had a couple of good points. You never arrived alone/Groups were made on the pad/ and ofc there was time to make a brew :)

If your a healer, just get in a 1v1 fight with a RP ; then theres time to make several brews!

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I like the frontier idea but not the clustering idea. I also liked the ceremony that happened during the porting but i doubt that would happen as its supposed to be a continuous battle front. Also its unlikely they could do this due to the geographic locations of each war zone, with the elves being on a seperate island across an ocean.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie

I do think Destruction classes are slightly more powerful than Order, but I wont go into that rant.

RVR
Copy the daoc Frontier so that you have 3 large islands full of keeps and towers. Make it a zone you HAVE to port to. The advantage here is that the zone is a clustered area. That way you would not suffer from a low populated RVR zone.

The only issue is "what happens if all the servers have too many people in the RVR Frontier zone thus its unplayable". I don't know how to fix that.

Can I just change your second line slightly :)

"I do think Order classes are slightly more powerful than Destruction, but I wont go into that rant."

I agree there are too many different places to get rvr and that dilutes the players. Rather a shame, 2 months in we are talking about low population servers and clustering already.

Whilst I am here, and this is a "What i'd like from WAR" thread. I would like to know when I group with someone what quests the other people have, then organising what quests to do is easier.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie

RVR

.. it .. wont ... EVER.. happen.

Even tho i would come back, if they changed it to that.

The game is made for braindead, low IQ, new generation kids, who can't sit still. They want action, and if they don't get it, they'll dye their hair black, pierce everything, bang their head into the wall, till they get it!

... So it wont happen. They'll loose the rest of the wow-kids.

If you aren't a person, listed above, stfu and don't comment on my posts. Thanks.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Id hate clustering as well, would ruin the fun of having some nemsises on your realm side.
A larger frontier area would be nice yes agree on that, i have a love hate thing with porting, rmember standing around for 10 minutes waiting for a port because 1 dude missed it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
If your a healer, just get in a 1v1 fight with a RP ; then theres time to make several brews!

id kick your ass in less than a minute on my rp

for comparison, think full shadow priest in wow or erm well daoc has no comparison. respeccing was truly a revalation !

the only class i couldnt not beat 1vs1 was a witch elf, all others was more than easy. reason ofc... nobody expected it, spent first 20 secs healing pretending to afraid, wait for first morale to drain 130ap, then wham !

pikeh

Resident Freddy
id kick your ass in less than a minute on my rp

for comparison, think full shadow priest in wow or erm well daoc has no comparison. respeccing was truly a revalation !

the only class i couldnt not beat 1vs1 was a witch elf, all others was more than easy. reason ofc... nobody expected it, spent first 20 secs healing pretending to afraid, wait for first morale to drain 130ap, then wham !

On my DoK, solo RP = boring 10 minute fight that just ended with both of us walking away. Except, once I got beat up pretty bad by one and I'm not sure why. Probably just a combo of me playing shit and him playing well :)

Yeh, on my SH I guess you could. Gratz on that!

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH

Bad playing Shamans then, they could easily grab back that AP you just drained :p I've fought RP's with my Shaman and it never ended, we did the same thing over and over again and none of us could get the other one under 40% hp once. We decided to walk seperate ways after ~10 min xD

There's just no way a RP can do 6000+ dmg before I have enough AP to do something useful even if they drained it all. And vice versa.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There's just no way a RP can do 6000+ dmg before I have enough AP to do something useful even if they drained it all. And vice versa.

I am afraid I will have to correct you there. I saw a RP fighting a Zealot and he managed to drain all his AP, then do 6005 /lol before the Zealots AP came back. Was quite a fight let me tell you...

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I am afraid I will have to correct you there. I saw a RP fighting a Zealot and he managed to drain all his AP, then do 6005 /lol before the Zealots AP came back. Was quite a fight let me tell you...

So you can do 6000 dmg in 3 seconds? That's cool :> How did you manage that as a RP?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
So you can do 6000 dmg in 3 seconds? That's cool :> How did you manage that as a RP?

Haha can't tell if you're going along with the joke or not. If not, please re-read the reply!...oh here, i'll repost it.

"then do 6005 /lol" aka he did /lol 6005 times...

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Haha can't tell if you're going along with the joke or not. If not, please re-read the reply!...oh here, i'll repost it.

I have to admit didn't get that no :(

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie

I dunno, these old farts just dont have a sense of humor.....

I lol'd

but then i'm not old..

..definetly not old...

....getting up three times a night to pee can happen to anyone....SERIOUSLY!.

...Ok, i'm old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom