What I hate in DAOC

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Every time you open keep gates they open towards you and you have to do a huge run around so you don't get snagged on them.

Every freakin pillar/door/staircase seems to have barbs that snag your clothing and leave you peddling on the spot

The amount of times I go to write a quick message in battle, forget the slash and end up with a screen full of maps and character status boxes.

Poeple who invite..you decline, then it's 2 mins of invite-decline-invite-decline...then a pm 'Don't you want to join?'

I still can't work out a proper way to get on a boat, it seems to be a sort of mash the keyboard till it happens.

Picking an enemy player out of a group for AOE mezz and he's the ONE char that runs backwards while the rest charge you.

Running with speed for 2 mins in a totally random direction into an empty field stopping for 1 second to rebuff and getting pa'd by a stealther who thinks it's his lucky day.

Tanks who spam the grp message with lurid details of their weapons and armour's intricate abilities, while the casters and healers are fighting for the groups life.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Job said:
Every time you open keep gates they open towards you and you have to do a huge run around so you don't get snagged on them.

stand in the middle so they swing past you.

/edit and lol at the rest :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Job said:
Tanks who spam the grp message with lurid details of their weapons and armour's intricate abilities, while the casters and healers are fighting for the groups life.

Replace the word 'Tanks' with 'Anybody'. Had my fair share of groups with noobs who think they are the shit cos of the stuff they have on thier char. Makes me wanna log all my chars on and spam all my items/armour/weapons that puts theirs to shame just to shut them up :twak:

Vagabond

Fledgling Freddie
Replace the word 'Tanks' with 'Anybody'. Had my fair share of groups with noobs who think they are the shit cos of the stuff they have on thier char. Makes me wanna log all my chars on and spam all my items/armour/weapons that puts theirs to shame just to shut them up

Ahhh noobs do that. That'd explain why you're always babbling about how uber you are ;) :m00:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
How you can buy a ticket from the portal guys but then you are too far to give him anything. Why does he get such long arms!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
the stairs are getting on my tits too! always get stuck and have to jump up things.
AND Felenas Sorrow instance, theres a bug bit, like in barrows celts the bk room where it spirals down, theres some bug where theres like no levels and they agro you and teleport into the nxt room, its quite fucked up

Chackey

Fledgling Freddie
1. When Necro pet runs out in the wall so all spells gets "You can not see your pet" or "Your pet can not see your target"...

2. When 3 random rolled Hib NS running around in Thid with 3 letter names ganking on AB/MB...

3. Fall damage on running too fast down stairs...

4. Grey con PAing stelthers in DF...

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
my hates in game
RvR style Lag Lag insta mez /root / stun LAg LAg dead OR
Lag Lag dead

PvE Lag and u die (i'm on full health FFS) or
some1 pm'ing u come help out with this this and this

PvP when u quiting out of the game some wenner kill's u then laughs at u or
when ur /lvl'ing "oh he hit lvl10 let's gank him/her" whist setting up ur skill's and bar's

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
Chackey said:
1. When Necro pet runs out in the wall so all spells gets "You can not see your pet" or "Your pet can not see your target"...

i agree thus i dont play my necro anymore and its the same with the cabby or any pet TBH

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
yes you guys mention a lot of smal bad things about daoc , I am here to add one , CRAFTING, the entire daoc crafting system is based on watching a green bar grow and then you make an item or you fail, and crafting costs A LOT , imo a good crafting system is based on farming raw material like iron ore and then craft and then SELL to make money .

but appart from that Daoc is good imo :p

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Aye used to get xp for crafting in last game I played - so you could lvl to top without ever fighting :) If you were that type of player. But as you said above - despite the little niggles - still nothing better out there yet.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
/face

1337 mellee dude walks trough caster

target not in view.

yurithegreat

Banned
Jamie Li said:
i agree thus i dont play my necro anymore and its the same with the cabby or any pet TBH

Whats more annoying is when you play other games thats the same principle and your pet never leaves your side, you can`t get attacks thru walls and your pet is always in view of the mobs

I mean come on if other companies can get it right why can`t GOA/Mythic??
It`s called cheap shoddy customer service IMHO

pikeh

Resident Freddy
yurithegreat said:

LOL? is that serious? :wanker:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
yurithegreat said:
Whats more annoying is when you play other games thats the same principle and your pet never leaves your side, you can`t get attacks thru walls and your pet is always in view of the mobs

Less QQ about a necro we all know its a Fooked up class.. you
a. Either use it for PL like eveyone else
b. Y E S .. it

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Aye used to get xp for crafting in last game I played - so you could lvl to top without ever fighting :) If you were that type of player. But as you said above - despite the little niggles - still nothing better out there yet.

well getting exp for crafting issnt very logical, how can u become a better fighter while tailoring for an example.

I am ashamed to say this but Runescape got a good crafting system, much better then daoc imho, but rest of the game suck :p

What i wish from a crafting system is that it is a little bit more innteresting then watching the green bar grow, maybe collect raw material , and when you do that you dont use any money on the crafting only gain money when sell to NPCs or players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom