What Hunter RA´s and in what order ?

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi

Im closing in on 50 with my hunter (49 atm) and have begun to ponder about what ra´s to get and in what order?
Atm my spec is 45 bow, 35 stealth, 39 spear, 32 BC (bloods advice a couple months aggo btw here on forum)

what say u? Purge first or go for IP? truesight? with my other chars ive tryed to get expencive ra´s early so maybe do same on this on?

Tnx in advance!

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
just thought id reply to this if you want to get ip or TS do not get 2 used to this as you loose it when NF comes out so maybe you want to look at some of the abilities that you will be keeping then you will not feel the effects of loosing the 2 above

but TS is fun good for popping other stealthers about, plus you will get a free respec as well so maybe u can have fun with the above while you got um

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
i tought archers will get TS for free when they ding rr5 in NF ?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
No, TS was never free.

It was a passive archer ability but got comepletely removed and replaced my mastery of stealth wich is accessible by all stealthers.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Read up on the new/changed RA's in NF and pick your current RA's to be as close as possible to what you'll have when NF arrives.. that makes life easy and the transition easier.

TS is fun.. Try it while you can. Come NF you loose any ability to start a fight with other stealthers. (Other than stumbling into them and dying messily. ;)

Don't go overboard with stuff like Physical Defense and Avoidance of Magic. Those are both second-tier resist buffs and nowhere near as effective as resists from items or seer buffs.

And still expect to die a lot. ;)

talisman

Fledgling Freddie
Just don't do what I did.

Spent last 3 plat on a respec stone and hit first aid one too many times. Oh its great if I fall off a milegate or something similarly retarded, but not so good in combat.

Falcon's eye is nice, and so ofcourse is truesight. Infact, if you are a solo hunter you'll probably get more kills from using truesight than anything else hah. Good luck..

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
TS is fun.. Try it while you can. Come NF you loose any ability to start a fight with other stealthers. (Other than stumbling into them and dying messily. ;)
Yeah, archers are back to assassin food in NF when it comes to stealth wars. Only thing where we can get rp's from then is keeps and adding on fights.

Way to go Mythic!

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
the new RAs in new frontiers cant be compared to the ones currently in use on european servers.. for example on my 5l3 hunter i have augmented con 3 + avoidpain 2 + IP to have same ras in new frontiers i would have to be rr7+ and even then i would have a 19% dmg absorb instead of 20% ALTHOUGH BEING PASSIVE instead of reuse timer. and my ip would be 80% instead of 100%.

And i totally do not agree on what talisman said about TS and falcons eye for soloing ts your ass off infil will still kill you 1 on 1 if you dont have IP or purge or fa2.. Solo hunter go for IP + AP or purge if your grouping alot then TS and perhaps falcons eye. although i see falcons eye being very good in nf since it is really nice on keep defs..

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
Tnx alot guys for sharing!
i guess nf will be some months away still and as i am a real noob as a hunter it will take a while to learn, im not going the full toa-rout either but rather a few 1-3 max (have to many chars al ready) but i sure hope i find a way to enjoy the hunter as it is one of my fav chars in Thid and even fun in pve lvling up.
hopeing for more nice advice from midgars fine hunters :worthy:

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
sigh, so many archers being made ;<

aww none as as good as you :wub:

um about the qu...just get the usual...TS / IP (guessing they still get that?) / purge for like main ones and then passives....but cos of NF i wudnt worry too much about them cos ra's become a whole new ball park wen that comes live.

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Yeah, archers are back to assassin food in NF when it comes to stealth wars.

Hunters have always been assassin food - only in NF with MoS 4-5 you can decide for yourself if you want to fight or not as you will spot them from much further away. (What i've learnt from reading VNBoards)

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
go for IP, purge and AP2 imo and in that order. things like volley and TS is great and can make u alot rp's, volley in particular, but they dont help u in a fight in the open. TS is nice though but reuse timer is 30 minutes and many times u will find when u use u only discower that no enemies is around or way too many enemies is around :D if u like keep take/defending then volley is extremely nice.

i respecced out of TS and volley and havent regretted it yet but i do miss them a few times but i still like IP etc etc better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom