WTF? What have you done to The Inbetweeners America?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't know why they bother ripping off UK comedy, some of their own stuff is funny enough so they can write it. Yeah 9/10 American comedies are crap but still...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think I'm most offended by the voiceover constantly telling us what "Inbetweeners" means, and being entirely wrong.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Hollywood execs. Please fuck off forever.

Sincerely,

The world

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why's Toht not on here telling everyone how there's nothing wrong with remakes? :)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I can't tell if thats fake or not. Seriously wtf? :confused:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Another british tv show destroyed by americans, brings back memories of Shameless *shudder*

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Soon as I saw the red carpet interview with the actors playing the main 4 characters I was horrified, four smug little pricks who in no way resemble the character types they have been picked to play.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I like some of the rants on Youtube "one of them looks like he literally has downs"

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just looks awful, nothing makes me want to watch that. Seems like they are missing the point by a long shot.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
That video just led me to this...

Same script, same everything pretty much but with some American actors (and Moss, wtf?!)...its just plain weird what they decide to try with English comedy.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I wonder why they bother; the hit rate for translated UK comedies in the US is pathetic; The Office, and then...nowt until the seventies/early eighties (The American versions of Steptoe and Son and Till Death Do Us Part were pretty successful). They've piloted loads of British comedies over the last decade or so and they've all failed (Spaced, Red Dwarf, IT Crowd, Coupling, AbFab - twice.)

Stick to ripping off British reality TV America, its difficult to fuck up what's already beyond redemption anyway.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Must be surreal for Moss to film it all again with worse (but better paid) actors :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That video just led me to this...

Same script, same everything pretty much but with some American actors (and Moss, wtf?!)...its just plain weird what they decide to try with English comedy.

Oh come it's not that bad, it's the first episode and the actors hadn't bedded in. The director may be a problem too as the timing seems a bit off but that is something that could be fixed. The actual script is genius.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I just don't get why they don't get that much of the humor just doesn't translate.

The US office worked because Steve Carell took it by the scruff of the neck and made the concept work on his terms. (I may be giving credit to Carell that should go to writers/producers)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
steve carell was brilliant. he made the character into a real loveable bloke but kept all of the creepiness and cringiness of david brent.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
1st season of the US office is undisputedly crap. They stuck too much to the formula of the original and it didnt work so they went there own way, and for maybe 3 or 4 seasons after that it was great TV. Michael Scott was the best thing about it, and Carell really grew into the role as the show went on and it just became a great great character.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Carell's character just isn't believable at all to me.
I wouldn't have thought so either till I lived over here. American's just dont have the cynicism and self deprecation in them that people from Ireland and the UK have.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why's Toht not on here telling everyone how there's nothing wrong with remakes? :)

Well, there isn't as you don't have to watch it, it doesn't ruin the original. If you can tell me how it ruins the original, then you have some kind of a case on it.

I've not seen inbetweeners, i'll probably see this "american pie the tv show" thing, then look at the original and if it's -that- good, well, remake success. Scouses hidden snides aside, american pie tv show, don't see anything wrong, or rather too good about it.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Oh come it's not that bad, it's the first episode and the actors hadn't bedded in. The director may be a problem too as the timing seems a bit off but that is something that could be fixed. The actual script is genius.

It's more the fact that it's literally the exact same script, even similar setting and camera angles for each of the scenes... do Americans really need to be mollycoddled with language that much?

soze

I am a FH squatter
To me it is exactly the same but with American accents. Do not know what the fuss is about. Some of the dialogue is evern identical.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To me it is exactly the same but with American accents. Do not know what the fuss is about. Some of the dialogue is evern identical.

To some countries that's actually a plus, no offense, but british accents are sometimes really hard to understand.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
That's a Fucking disgrace, it just does not translate well at all.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Again, this was the the problem with the US office. The first series was basically an except copy of the original and it was garbage. When the producers did their own thing, keeping similar characters as the original, hut with very different ideas and comedy, it worked really well. The team behind the US office is the same one behind Parks & Rec which is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom