What happens next...

rynnor

Rockhound
MJ talked about this a little last night - most of the team have a week off to recover but then they will get to work on the backers forums.

6-8 weeks - release an app to test the network code.

Jan 14 - beginning of internal testing.

The app is interesting - I'm guessing he will put this out to anyone to test in order to really hammer the network code?

Gylnne-Curtis

Fledgling Freddie
MJ talked about this a little last night - most of the team have a week off to recover but then they will get to work on the backers forums.

6-8 weeks - release an app to test the network code.

The app is interesting - I'm guessing he will put this out to anyone to test in order to really hammer the network code?

My guess was this is a continuation of the testing servers they have set up. Andrew will continue to tweak them, add more effects and gather network feedback as we log in and stress them.

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
The App does sound good, will be very interesting in how they go about it.

Abriael

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I can't wait to put my hands on the building app...

Vesir

Fledgling Freddie
ya, play with the building app so i'll be all nice and ready to go for when the game comes out

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully it involves doing something with the awful website!

rynnor

Rockhound
Uhhh a building app, that would be nice

Yeah - I still like the idea of a standalone app that could be used to design buildings offline that you could then connect in and transfer to the game.

Edit - a way to share images of the building with prospective clients would be usefull for those who want to provide an architect service.

acron^

Fledgling Freddie
From what he's saying, Andrew seems pretty keen on making CU more of a 'stack' than a single application. Like with all the developer APIs as well. So I think this is absolutely going to happen. It would be even more awesome if they released a building specification and let us build our own apps to build with ;)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
I really look forward to helping them forming the game conceptwise via the backer-forums!

Oshunsar

Fledgling Freddie
From the Website:
Making a Game Out Of the Web

could it be possibly missused in spying on the other realms in realtime?

Atoka

Fledgling Freddie
From the Website:
Making a Game Out Of the Web

could it be possibly missused in spying on the other realms in realtime?

I believe ( and I could be wrong ) Andrew has mention that there would be a delay in the information that could be used to achieve an unfair advantage.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie

That doesn't seem quite right. MJ said he believes in 6 weeks he can launch IT now. he said it in a update "It's crazy how fast we're moving now, we're going to be able to start IT alot sooner than we thought"

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie

That doesn't seem quite right. MJ said he believes in 6 weeks he can launch IT now. he said it in a update "It's crazy how fast we're moving now, we're going to be able to start IT alot sooner than we thought"

In the "we've funded" stream (I think), he seemed to indicate 2 different types of Internal Testing... Up through Jan 14 would be testing against the smaller partial apps (building app, CtC tech demo app). Starting in Jan would be testing against the more fully integrated solution that would be the foundation for the game.... Unless I was hallucinating...

rynnor

Rockhound
In the "we've funded" stream (I think), he seemed to indicate 2 different types of Internal Testing... Up through Jan 14 would be testing against the smaller partial apps (building app, CtC tech demo app). Starting in Jan would be testing against the more fully integrated solution that would be the foundation for the game.... Unless I was hallucinating...

Thats my take on it - Jan 14 to test the game but earlier releases of bits and pieces that go to make up the game.

In testing terms the early stuff is a system test - you can test an area (usually functional or a single service) on its own - the later Jan 14 is an Integration test where you merge all the system test code streams and see how the interactions work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom