What happend ?

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
After playing these games for 6-7 years now, i must addmit DAOC ( OF ) was the best game evah..
But what happend ? i know WoW came, but as many Oldies might remember the pop in game was falling a lot even before WoW. DAOC still had by far the best RvR system ( when WoW came out they had non ) and nice graffic updates on DAOC too. WoW fast got millions of players all over the world, and DAOC would do awesome if only 100.000 peeps played it!! Is DAOC that bad compaired to WoW ?

I miss the good old DAOC ( OF Snif snif,,,,, )

/bedst reguards
¨
¨

P,S i know i spell like S...

D

darkhib

wow is crap i must say, tried it 3 times and i just cant get away with it.

daoc failed alot because they just dont listen to whats ppl are saying...

take classic server - we where told (or at least lead to be beleive) that classic server would be classic & SI with Old Frontiers. and it wasn't. alot of ppl (i remember not been able to get on classic cos it was full!!!) joined the server, got pissed off because it wasn't what they thought it was gonna be and just never went back to the old servers.

i was playing quite happly on hib/pry as well as alb/excal (although i quit alb and went hib - i didn't xrealm - honest! ) but all of a sudden i found my self sitting in NF for hours at a time just do nothing cos there was no-one around...i think i did /who at around 8pm (GMT - prime time u may say) and there was 35 hibs online.... in the end i gave up canceled my accounts and looked for something else to play... i went to wow for a month, then i thought i would go on the US servers, downloaded the free trial, enjoyed it - very little lag - pops where ok at the time. and im still on US servers. although i;ve moved from playing mid/merlin to playing hib/classic it still alot of fun, enough ppl still play to make it enjoyable and theres also a talk of a TRUE CLASSIC server. only SI and classic, nothing else with OLD FRONT!!! lots of ppl have already said they would come back to the game (from VN boards) and its all ppl are talking about over there :)

looking forward to seen it come out and having a blast. if u still want to play daoc, and haven't tried the US servers, give it a ago, i wish i had moved there years ago when the pops first started falling :( (hard to leave behind so much time/effort levels and RR's but its worth starting fresh to actually enjoy the game :) )

theres lots of EU guilds, and even though the prime time is like 11pm (gmt) onwards, theres still lots of action and plenty of ppl online :)

if u head to classic/hib, just gimme a shout, im one of the gm's of Dangours (mainly EU guild) and most of my characters are called small<somthing> and im sure we can help you get started :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Requiel happened. Along with the game getting rather old,

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of things people like to blame for the decline in numbers, but generally speaking the game became very new-player-unfriendly, the pve is very dated, no groups as everyone pl's alts and its a serious grind fest to be rvr ready.....but mainly as Raven says, it's just got old.

Most players began 6-7 years ago, now most of us are either married, have kids or have simply moved on to pastures new. With no real new input of players and the market getting bigger and more competative, its simply had it's day now.

AoC seems to have been the final nail for Excali/Prydwen and all the EU and US servers have taken a massive number drop since it came out.

Warhammer will likely finish-off whats left of the playerbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom