what happend to prydwen server?

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
The last many times we have been in RvR, only grp we meet is PE or AoD (sometimes)...
Hibbs seems to have given up..
The only way to get action is to go HW and take Renaris or something :(

Prydwen server seems dead.... or is it just me ?

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, it's not just you, we feel the same here, ran around in Emain for like 1.5 hours yesterday, only seeing death messages from stealthers.
Had to titan mpk so I could get my damn RR8 ding. :p

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
Nope, it's not just you, we feel the same here, ran around in Emain for like 1.5 hours yesterday, only seeing death messages from stealthers.
Had to titan mpk so I could get my damn RR8 ding. :p

U just love those titans :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
If PE is out (which they often are), most others simply go do something else or move away from the zone they are in.

Same goes for stealthers when Arraudry + Pet is out.

No, that's not a whine - they deserve respect for what they can manage - but that is just how things are at the moment, unfortunately.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
You reap what u sow, make a thane grp or something instead of running about in opted grps alla the time.

Mael, 50th ment.

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Minn said:
The last many times we have been in RvR, only grp we meet is PE or AoD (sometimes)...

Rvr is not too enjoyable for casual players when those opted gankgroups are running around with adds. :eek:

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Justicator said:
Rvr is not too enjoyable for casual players when those opted gankgroups are running around with adds. :eek:

What he said. Although im not quite as casual as most :)

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Justicator said:

I can see your point...
But why not just move to another zone then ?

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
No people to farm then?
All the big RvR hardcore guilds are complaining.. if you want guild vs guild PvP and not RvR you should play camlann.. thats why they made that server so guilds can hold keeps and fight eachoter over relics.. the hardcore guilds + ToA wich have widend the gap between hardcore players and the casual ones are to blame for the server being dead.. Solution is that most players roll a stealther instead.. even stealth war is silly.. ATM 8+ alb stealthers have been camping mmge for 50 mins.. You really can tell Rambo is back and since the char is n00b again he is fixing zee old stealthzergs.. Whats really funny is taht I respecced from ap2 + IP to purge + ts + IP and had it for 4 days now.. thought it might be fun.. well since i solo most of my time havent got a single kill using TS yet since enemies are moving with atleast 3+ the irony..

sko

Loyal Freddie
ATM I have given up RvR, I'm always solo or duo at tops and usually emain is full of gankgroups and asassins with SL who pop me infront of gg's etc, not much fun.

There are some occasional good action in Odin's but mostly its either 1 fg or nothing at all.

Hopefully NF will bring some new aspects to solo life other than endless roaming and bum sex from 8 big trolls.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Minn said:

Some gimped solo merc about also :x

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Aye, Minn. I feel the same as you. [I don't suppose you know who I am, or even who my main [one of two] character is; Overbuffed]

For me pryd [The solo life] has been dead for ages... Is why I've moved over to PvP now, more [To say the least] solo action and it's more entertaining down there.
I'll wait to be honest, if NF doesn't bring back the solo life I'll stay in PvP to be honest, since NF wont _really_ be of any effect down there.

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Aye, Minn. I feel the same as you. [I don't suppose you know who I am, or even who my main [one of two] character is; Overbuffed]

For me pryd [The solo life] has been dead for ages... Is why I've moved over to PvP now, more [To say the least] solo action and it's more entertaining down there.
I'll wait to be honest, if NF doesn't bring back the solo life I'll stay in PvP to be honest, since NF wont _really_ be of any effect down there.

I know who Overbuffed is :)

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
other zones are dead (usually)

ok, what I started out by asking... is prydwen server dead?

Seems so :(

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
yeah. server seems dead. PE killing everything in emain makes noone go there though, because its near impossible for pick up groups to compete with PE or Mael.
sry for killing you at amg this morning with zerach minn, but you farted on me :(
hibs were pveing in force to drop their si dungeon boss tonight though ^^; took it down with 48 peeps though :p

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Server does seem to be in bad shape :/

I get the feeling alot of people are pretty bored with the game atm (i know i am) and are just waiting for NF to see if it livens things up a bit. Guess we will just have to see what effect it has.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Its sooo dead. Not a chance to solo anymore either. Been trying to get some decent rps with my caba lately, and its close to impossible. If I join a grp, we just get killed by some uber-elite gankgrp from mid/hib 9 out of 10 runs. I'm considering to quit daoc almost every day. Its just no longer any fun. And tbh, I really dont think Maelstrom, Public Enemies etc think the game is fun either. I mean, what fun is it to kill the same group over and over again. PE kills mael, mael kills PE.. yay, there's 2 sides of rvr! :eek6:

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
From the looks of it what's killed RvR among the mids going emain are RvR-guilds doing whatever they want with too few mids to remedy it and that we lost relics...it would seem many mids went belly up after those relics were taken.

NF will most likely be a very needed reboot of RvR currently in the game...I mean the routes and loops that groups run in emain are so worn out the grass wont ever come back. However, if we dont get a decent boost in the population on Prydwen with NF we might get too spread out compared to a server such as Excalibur that has 500-600 more players mostly.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Aye Marcus75, you said it when you mentioned population. We really lack people on the server. I guess its been like that for a long time. Daoc got released, everyone thought that excal was the coolest name and joined that. :p Prydwen ended up with a crappy population. We can blame GOA in some ways.. like not doing enough commercials/publishing of the game in english speaking countries. So lets just pray that NF/Catacombs will attract some "newbies".

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
And tbh, I really dont think Maelstrom, Public Enemies etc think the game is fun either. I mean, what fun is it to kill the same group over and over again. PE kills mael, mael kills PE.. yay, there's 2 sides of rvr! :eek6:

Can't really agree with you here, like...some day ago the RvR night mainly consisted of fighting a bit random hib group (Jarakin, Barlennan, Mormotivator, Iccus etc), and even though it was the same group all the time the fights was a blast, some of them lasting for ages.
So even if it's only one group out you have fought millions of times it can still be fun fighting them.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
People just cba to get chained by PE the moment they step into the frontier, so they do PvE or log instead. So yes, Prydwen is dead.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Its very much alive, lots of activity in Hadrians tonight. About 60-70 albs and almost as many Mids. Dunno how many Hibs who joined in the action, but alot.
Was a blast.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
blah , so this is what I can expect when my mentalist finally is close to 50 and are gonna rvr ? :(

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrra said:
Aye, too busy selling rabbit feet and pilfering artifacts.

Thieving gypsy bastard!
The sko whine is getting more and more original!

Keep it up, your 2 steps away from being 1337!

/sarcasm

And about RvR on pryd, haven't seen any problems with it last 2 days, that being 50+ mids out in Pennines, albs usually tend to stick around the place, maybe look there next time :)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Derric said:
Can't really agree with you here, like...some day ago the RvR night mainly consisted of fighting a bit random hib group (Jarakin, Barlennan, Mormotivator, Iccus etc), and even though it was the same group all the time the fights was a blast, some of them lasting for ages.
So even if it's only one group out you have fought millions of times it can still be fun fighting them.

I agree, we'll try to make it more of a regular thing (are trying currently) but rvr in hib is hard currently cos most of the "hardcore" rvr'ers quit.

Some damn nice fights against you this wedensday and thursday though!

Anyway, I'm drunk just home from a friends birthday party so nvm me ><

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
DavidH said:
We can blame GOA in some ways.. like not doing enough commercials/publishing of the game in english speaking countries. So lets just pray that NF/Catacombs will attract some "newbies".

Dont bet on it. Most ppl in here hate ToA, and if you are a newbie you now have to both solo to 50 (with /level and moderna to compete with) and then get the arties and gear you need. 1 out of 100 might do this or get his friend to pl him, but in time they'll give up coz they wont ever be able to compete with the uber grps unless they are unemployed and dedicate all their time to get the arties/gear/ML's they need.
I still hope that NF will give new life to DAoC, but I've been thinking of either quiting or moving to excal if the state of the server doesnt change.
They should consider what they implement on the different servers, coz it has different effects. Might have been a good idea to take sum of the ideas, but /level sure hell didnt help get more ppl to join the game. Thats one of the things that have killed the game imo. Dont really think you can blame PE/Mael, as it aint their responsebility. If there had been perhaps 500-1000 more players it wouldnt be a problem. We would roam in much larger areas and wouldnt be forced to.
As it is now there is no reason to start a grp as its impossible to get passed mmg these days (think albs feel the same about amg, and not to think of hibs who has to run all that long way just to get ganked). So lets hope NF will do the job.
If the population continue dropping GOA might be forced merger the 2 servers.

/megs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom