What GOA should have done about registering SI

M

membrain

GOA has limited the total amount of simultaneous logins to the subscription page to 80 so that we don't bring down the billing system.

Ok, now the resulting bottleneck of people trying to activate their Shroulded Isles CD-key is to be expected when many thousands of users are trying at the same time to access the subscription page - obviously resulting in a prolonged delay for the users to get their moneys worth from actually being able to play SI (maybe several days - we shall see). This cannot possibly come as a surprise to a GOA. But was it really necessary to cause this aggravation to the customers trying to activate?

The obvious solution to a problem like this is one of time! Give the Shrouded Isles players access to the game and let them register their CD-key within the next 2 weeks or be locked out of the game. And don't give me the yiggedi yaggedi about this couldn't be done for technical resons, because I know it can.

Voila! Problem solved.

I know the GOA staff has probably worked their ass of trying to please us - and I appreciate the effort. I just wish they had foreseen this problem and dealt with it accordingly.

S

SFXman

After much hassle of getting my hands on the game I now begin to realise why people are pissed off as I sit here at home with the cd-key in front of me... sigh...

N

-Nxs-

Just be patient a little more, If every user takes 5 mins to register, thats 4800 every hour, cant take that long for the servers to catch up with the demand.

A

agraucred

on another note (sorry, still pissed off that ive heard nothing in 3 days about 1 lost password) they should have also prepared for password requests. sub passwords are the primery thing needed to actually be able to activate SI, and because its unchangable and hardly ever used there are bound to be a few that have lost it, so why has rightnow not had its auto email to include sub passwords too? c'mon guys, use abit of common sense

S

SFXman

5 mins to type in a key... sigh... well, I guess if you are really slow :p
There should be a time limit on it... hope some don't go for a coffee and smoke half-way through...

P

Pin

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Just be patient a little more, If every user takes 5 mins to register, thats 4800 every hour, cant take that long for the servers to catch up with the demand.

Well, I emailed my keys to work, cut and paste from mail took 5 seconds to register each account :D

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Pin

Well, I emailed my keys to work, cut and paste from mail took 5 seconds to register each account :D

yup i was the same...

but if i had said "if each user takes 5sec to register the CD key, then thats 76,800" i would have been slated :)

S

SFXman

I bet some little shites are camping the page when they get in :p

G

granny

I sat there clicking on the Account link constantly (well, on-and-off, I've been working too :) ) from when I got into work this morning. At about noon it finally worked, just 5 minutes after my copy of SI got delivered \o/

Nice timing gameplay :p

G

granny

...of course now I discover that it won't run on my patetic little old work computer :(

T

Teh Fonz!!1

La la la, I still can't fucking access the subscription pages and I've been clicking the refresh button all day today at work.

Really starting to get a little fucking pissed off now...

P

Pin

Originally posted by membrain
At what time was this Pin?

About 11.15 GMT.

Probably just before most people got their lunchbreak so there was a lull in traffic. I guess in a little while after lunch breaks finish it might be easier again.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
La la la, I still can't fucking access the subscription pages and I've been clicking the refresh button all day today at work.

Really starting to get a little fucking pissed off now...

don't refresh - that just refreshes the error page.

click 'subscription'

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

don't refresh - that just refreshes the error page.

click 'subscription'

Might be a good idea to put this in a sticky thread at the top, because I bet allot of people are doing this.

D

diamonds

Hush, if you don't put it in a sticky i might have a chance of getting in :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom