What GOA forgot? Why they should be avoided when WAR comes?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
When you ran daoc as main product, you said you give equal or superior quality compared to Mythic. Now you say, with War it will be better because EU Players will get same quality service as US players.

It is good to see they admit: Same quality will be an improvement. So far their service was inferior quality.

One thing I don't see: They admiting it openly. I don't see GOA admiting and accepting their mistakes. I don't see them "say sorry", I don't see them trying to look for a way to compensate for problems. I don't see them willing to pay their mistakes.

They want customers to soak up all the problems.

To bad, they are paying to have fun, and GOA (and other parts of France Telecom involved with game) gives more frustration than fun. It is safe to say: if you want to pay for a game and have fun, you should look elsewhere.

The moment they say sorry for the people they have wronged / let down, the moment when they take responsibility for their actions, where they pay the bills to fix the problems they caused, it might change. But till that: they should be avoided.

Yah, I agree on whole.. not on all I don't think GoA Is a 100% big misstake but If I have an option to buy a car with 4 wheels instead of 3 I'll go with the car who has 4 wheel really...

I'll GO US servers on WAR, that is if I ever set my foot there.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
in daoc they said they would

in WAR they are CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGED TO provide the same service. if they dont they stand to lose the liscence. so its totally different

in daoc they said they would

in WAR they are CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGED TO provide the same service. if they dont they stand to lose the liscence. so its totally different

In reality that dosn't mean anything though.

What if Mythic find GoA to not really keeping up?

They will get a warning, then one more warning and then some other warnings...

If they would say, okey it's enough guys you don't measure up! Who would step in and take over? Who would pay for the char copying, transfearing..the administration required to collect all the servers data?

What company would wanna pick up where they left? Would be equal to feeding urself to the wolves really, 25000 angry and upset gamers that demand results instantly..

In reality goa can probably get away with their "righ now" crap in WAR aswell, obviously it worked in daoc.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Since you would have to be a complete idiot to play WAR on euro servers after knowing how GOA handled Dyvet, this thread feels rather irrelevant.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

If they would say, okey it's enough guys you don't measure up! Who would step in and take over? Who would pay for the char copying, transfearing..the administration required to collect all the servers data?

and whats gonna make GOA to give the data up? for all we know they could just delete the entire database.

owell, i'm gonna stick to the euro servers. me and yanks dont get along all to well and i'd probably end up banned if i rolled on the US ;)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I've not had many problems with goa. The occasional "hey we just billed you without your concent!" has happened, but otherwise it's been nice and kemor was an interesting chap!

They do fail in interracting with the community on a large scale. An improvement there and tada, you're set !

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A bit of data back up, proper translators (bablefish doesn't count) working server stats (very important to WoW'ers) patches inline with the US, useful GMs and GMs that understand the community wouldn't go a miss either :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
In the end tho, GoA have done a swell job, i mean, the server population drop is usual around this time of year (summer 2 years ago when they said that?).
There is nothing wrong with the server pop, no action needed and when they take action the players wont see anything till it's all fixed since they're implementing small fixes after eachother. </bullshit>

:(

Mey

Part of the furniture
I'm sticking with GOA. Hate the yanks ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom