What FPS do you get in DAOC?

O

old.David_4321

Do you get 60fps all the time? if so what are your comp specs and if you fps drops now and again, please state your system specs

plus if anyone has any good tweaks for DOAC/Geforce 3 cards i will be very greatful

Thanks

David

O

old.Xarr

/effects none and nametags off in huge rvr battles i guess... that are the only in-game 'tweaks' that can help your fps i think.

as for tweaking your gfx card outside the game there are a truckload of programs to help you out there. just search on google or something ;)

also try downloading the latest server for your gfx card, some of the latest drivers really help. if you're running a geforce card i would like to recommend the detonator drivers. you can get the latest and greatest from http://www.reactorcritical.com

O

old.David_4321

Originally posted by Xarr
/effects none and nametags off in huge rvr battles i guess... that are the only in-game 'tweaks' that can help your fps i think.

as for tweaking your gfx card outside the game there are a truckload of programs to help you out there. just search on google or something ;)

also try downloading the latest server for your gfx card, some of the latest drivers really help. if you're running a geforce card i would like to recommend the detonator drivers. you can get the latest and greatest from http://www.reactorcritical.com

haw do i set nametags and rffects off?

O

old.Xarr

typing /effects none inside the game will turn off all spell effects hence improving the fps in large battles where spell effects usually flourish

to remove nametags simply press shift+n (this is the default). if this doesn't work for you simply go into the setup menu and find out what it is boud to. hope this helps mate!

S

Seyrcim

You can also type /keyboard in-game to see what keys are bound to what (you can't change them in-game tho).

M

Meatballs

if you are getting a constant 60fps you're monitor refresh rate is limiting your fps.

C

cjc1665

Rumour has it that Windows XP will only support a refresh rate of 60Hz for Open GL games and 75 for DirectX. I don't know what daoc runs with, but maybe this could be the problem.

Have a look at http://www.xp-refresh.net/

A

Aeiedil

if you are getting a constant 60fps you're monitor refresh rate is limiting your fps.

pah, my monitor 0wnz u ;) :D mine limits it at 85fps heh :)

O

old.Witchunter

How do you check your fps?

Thanks!

O

old.Xarr

me too, i've been playing fps (first person shooters) games (quake, cs, jk2 etc) so much that i have an internal fps counter now :)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Anyone with a geforce card should go to www.3dspotlight.com and follow their geforce 1/2/3/4/ tweak guides.

I got on avg. another 10fps in most apps/games from it.

:)

I just went and bought a new system:

abit kx7 333 mobo
athlon XP 2100+ cpu
512 meg 2700 DDR 333 ram
Maxtor ATA133 quietdrive
+ my old GF 3 and SB Live

DAoC still lags like a bitch in RvR.
Its engine is just programmed really poorly... there isnt a lot anyone can do.

Expansion should be nice tho :D

S

SFXman

This game goes very low in FPS no matter what system, in RvR at least. You would need a gig of memory, GF6 (;) ), 3ghz cpu for it not to do so... can't get that yet though :p

Btw, 60fps is easily enough so why even bother to remove the low refresh rate just to get more...

O

old.David_4321

thanks for the insight lads, much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom