what do you want of events?

Funkybunny

Banned
what type of events do you want in dark age of camelot? could be fun to see what people had thought of?

the one i want is :

EPIC MOBS IN FRONTIER!

if you guys remember that fun night wayyyy back .... could be fun if goa suddenly decided to pop alot of big hairy mobs in our frontier, killing all they can ... giving some life back and some of that panic feeling :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Home Invasion... can't wait to zerg the shit out of Hibernia.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:

lol agreed, also i guess alotta people who love the PvE side get bored when they killed everything in the game save the AC dragon...gifv more quests that end up fighting silly funny things tbh but drop neat stuffs and are not a walk over :eek:

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
[BackwardsLogic]why would you want home invasion on a game based around a war[/BackwardsLogic]

Bahumat

FH is my second home
introduce a sparing arena, a place where you enter yourself and maybe group if decided. pick a mob and see how you do etc. maybe have prizes for how well you do

low lvl's could earn rp's from killing certain mobs.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
so how pray tell you going to get passed ligen and cain when all the shroomers going to spam up so as soon as you port in your insta nuked :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Tualatin said:

Actually, I had this idea of a quest where a raid gets teleported to an enemy city with the goal to capture all that city's trainers and take 'em back. Then the *other* realm should capture 'em back.

Unfortunatly, the cities, with all their floor holes and low-fps buildings, I don't think that it's such a good idea.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Im pretty sure, though maybe mistaken that Mythic, were / are planning a "home invasion server" were each realm could attack other realms towns etc.. and take them, either that or i made it up ^^

Would be totally Ubber to be able to attack other realms home lands though really un fair for lowbies.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
it will surely be hard to realise..

But a dedicated server for Home Invasion should be possible. Doesn't have to be an exact copy of a normal RvR server. E.g. no SI Zones or ToA, no DF.. Just copy lvl 50 chars to that server. Can make a que system here too, so that population stays in place aswell. Leveling could be done on completing tasks.. such as participating in keep takes (where lvl50's could gain more then 200rp =P), or spying on nme realm. Dedicated quests.. Would be a very nice expension!

For the realms.. more towns in the classic area, with better guarding at night by NPC's, but during the day & prime time, fewer guards. This to counter alarm clock raiding, and uppen the fun.

You can even put a max nr of attackers & defenders in the zone.

If this is to be in an expension, this can be possible. Noone is forced to 'get' it or forced to play on it. So you can have some other rule set than on a RvR / PvP server.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Doink-666 said:
lol agreed, also i guess alotta people who love the PvE side get bored when they killed everything in the game save the AC dragon...

Killed the AC dragon as well though, and all the minor epic mobs there. Apoc was easy, do the dragon at least once a month if not more quite easily normally, ml 10 easily as well (if got necro/theurgs ofc :p )

Hmm, dont think there any epic mobs left, hell even killed that damn SI mob that only pops when he feels like and escapes from the lamia near sidi (you know the one i mean if you pl at white lights :D )

PvE side there is nothing that is difficult any more, especially with alb pet spam. Though what to put in i dont know, because anything too hard mid cant do (no pet spammer) anything they can do with sliht difficult is eay of alb/hib with pet spam :s

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think a Home invasion server will ever come also if you look at the population at this moment, which is good imo because if you want to invade other realms go play camlann or something.
Can't see home invasion being fun it's like, you log in *pompidom* screen loads and then.. You have died! type /release to release to your nearest bind point!.. then you have people from other realms "camp" certain populair release points so when you release you basically insta die again.
Also I never saw the fun in killing FGs of grey cons over and over which in their turn will just end up logging because you found it nice to zerg their exp spots each and every time.

But to not go completely offtopic I like an event in which lets say 1 FG of each realm gets "ported" to a certain place in the enemy realm and have to try and stay alive and each 5 or so minutes their location gets reveiled with some broadcast message or something so all people from that realm could hunt them down and they could only attack yellow con people or people who attack them so they can't just kill everyone in a level 20 dungeon or something like that.
But I guess such an event is not possible anymore since I saw a GM post something that said it's impossible to enter another realm now with NF if your not from that realm but if it would be possible it could be fun hunting down a FG that's on the run from an entire realm :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Remember the home invasion was only suggested as an event, all they'd have to do is slightly modify the ruleset for say 24-48 hours, and switch back to normal afterwards. Also, it could have an opt-out system for all the boring ppl, where typing a command would activate a flag which prevents you from being attacked in homelands, but also prevents you from entering enemy homelands and attacking other players in yours. Ofc it would have to stay on once activated to prevent exploitation.

Funkybunny

Banned
imo if they were gonna make a home invasion.... they have to do certain things

1: set the guards on PK on such a level that they are killable, but you have to be a certain force to get through them.. :)

2: set a /flag on.

but basicly, this homeinvasion is too much of a conversion.. so cmon ppl think of something else :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
1: set the guards on PK on such a level that they are killable, but you have to be a certain force to get through them.. :)

Hibernia would just be zerged by albs 24/7, it would be no fun for them at all.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Killed the AC dragon as well though, and all the minor epic mobs there. Apoc was easy, do the dragon at least once a month if not more quite easily normally, ml 10 easily as well (if got necro/theurgs ofc :p )

Hmm, dont think there any epic mobs left, hell even killed that damn SI mob that only pops when he feels like and escapes from the lamia near sidi (yo

This is a lot more common than it used to be...

I've pretty much killed every available mob in the game (for albs) at one time or another. A lot of people now have. Although that storm thingy from the event before last was just nasty.

Maybe that's why Catacombs could be fun for a while... One or 2 more ewul mobs to kill always goes down well.

Event wise? I dunno...

An old, sleeping Mid/Hib god from ages past wakes up and tries to take the relics back to their rightful home. Force the zerg to come out and deal with it before the relic is lost?

Spawn something in a main city (unlikely as can be laggy in Camelot) and have it attack NPCs :) - Always fun when u see guards being wiped with ease

I'd still love an event where all 3 realms get involved at the same time. Portal to a new zone where combat is forbidden and x-realmers could actually communicate. Perhaps a giant BG and 3 keeps that need to be captured, one by each realm to prevent some kind of 'disaster'. I know that'd be a logistical nightmare to do but would be a laff to actually talk to some of those treehuggers and rockheads :)

Funkybunny

Banned
aye i agree.. that would be fun... i imagined something like that aswell, i thought of ceveral mobs that went in the frontier zone and TOTALLY trashed all it could find, tear down towers, kill all there is and the three "kings" of the realms decides to a truce (sp?) to rid the monsters from these realms, only one problem, all the mobs are immune, but rumours have heard that if they kill the son of the leadermob they hurt him so much that he once again lets down his magical shields and the monsters can be killed (even though its not easy since all mobs are from lvl 60-75ish, and do have some nasty tricks up their sleeves). only one problem. the child of the leadermob is guarded by non less then 80 or so big guardmobs that also are invunerable but die as soon as the baby is slayn, so all three realms need to gather together and rush in and try and get this lvl 65 child down before dealing with the rest of the bad boys :)

even think this could be a 24-7 week long event..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom