what do you want in a UI...

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
What do people want in UI'S?

cause im taking a brake from playing game..
i thought ill try and make a UI again..

just wanna get a few suggestions on what poeple want etc..

i think all new UI's need maps.. a good Grp window and add ons i.e healers helper

what else...

Funkybunny

Banned
i want modes! this is propably not even doable.. but like winamp.. you have one look in "tinymode" and one in "expanded"mode... so you get more flexibility.... but like.. scrolls-info, "standard-quest-info"... like for hib.. a quest everyone does is lost seeds...

so... could like have a info sheet with the most regular quests and the loc's to where the mob spawns, where you need to go and such.. like the daoc.warcry.com site but just ingame and not so much info. just the plain details...

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain. only thing that people want me to add to my ui now is SI maps

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
need to find good maps tho :/

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
What I want from a UI is all the vital infomation that you need for RvR to be pressented to you in an easy to read format, clear but in a way that wont obstruct your view from the game world.

Or to break this down a little, nice clear simple text and no stupid graphics like skulls or emblems or swirly lines blah blah blah, just a simple dull and clear boxes with all the infomation you need, preferably compacted into only 2 larger boxes like in the vantage one.

My ideal UI would be a cross between Aloca's and the vantage UI but with totally transparent boxes like in the SI option, giving good infomation with minimum game world obstruction (but yes it sucks in odins sometimes).

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
What I want from a UI is all the vital infomation that you need for RvR to be pressented to you in an easy to read format, clear but in a way that wont obstruct your view from the game world.

All info taking the needed space but not more :)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Or to break this down a little, nice clear simple text and no stupid graphics like skulls or emblems or swirly lines blah blah blah, just a simple dull and clear boxes with all the infomation you need, preferably compacted into only 2 larger boxes like in the vantage one.

My ideal UI would be a cross between Aloca's and the vantage UI but with totally transparent boxes like in the SI option, giving good infomation with minimum game world obstruction (but yes it sucks in odins sometimes).

if you use alpha channels for the background .tga's you can get a semi-transparent ui with text easily readable even in odins.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
need to find good maps tho :/

Aloca i had your UI but formatted HD..
Cant remember what maps u used but...
Housing + Si

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i modded the divskin so it has links to all daoc maps and RR lists etc, i dont really need them so fluff is on the "extra" bar that comes with it, I also put the group window the right way up. It suits me because it gives all the info I need clearly but also has the info I may need one day (exping an alt, whatever) there too but hidden away.

I did see on the skin DL site a mod that adds 3 extra button to your quick bar for sprint/face/stick but couldnt work out how to get it to work on a custom window (it comes with /clock)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
doesnt matter as long as the background has vf and garnet lezzing each other off

in the shower

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

If you like i can make a options image for total transparent

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:
doesnt matter as long as the background has vf and garnet lezzing each other off

in the shower

So true imo. NAS NAS! Hablo jalagrande osv :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
So far I've not liked many of the custom UI's, but I love the SlivUI one, does all I need and looks ubah for being simple :)

Picture ;o

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
If you like i can make a options image for total transparent

That would be sweet :D I hate 'pretty boxes' blocking my view.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
if you use alpha channels for the background .tga's you can get a semi-transparent ui with text easily readable even in odins.

I do do that, but its not perfectly transparent and on some UI's faded the background alpha out also fades out things like the life bar but not the text. Guess im just a perfectionist, its something that bugs me.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Look at vbrushed and add that functionality to a minimalist UI. Also add SI maps to it. Also i quite like the Vbrushed compass so something like that would be good.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I do do that, but its not perfectly transparent and on some UI's faded the background alpha out also fades out things like the life bar but not the text. Guess im just a perfectionist, its something that bugs me.
thats not what i meant :p

if you edit the background .tga's alpha channel you will get a transparent background and solid lifebars etc. Probably wont take more than a few min photoshop.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:

in the shower

hahah :D

btw gunnerr, got the tilda vs. garnet vid anywhere?

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
So far I've not liked many of the custom UI's, but I love the SlivUI one, does all I need and looks ubah for being simple :)

Picture ;o

Omg :eek2:

Givf link imo :D Looks uber, just need Aloca's icons in it :)

Tokz

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain said:
What do people want in UI'S?

cause im taking a brake from playing game..
i thought ill try and make a UI again..

just wanna get a few suggestions on what poeple want etc..

i think all new UI's need maps.. a good Grp window and add ons i.e healers helper

what else...

winamp plugin! ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom