What do you think to this spec

• Thread starter Madonion Slicer
  • Start date
M

Madonion Slicer

Ok have the same problem i was a little while ago not sure if i should loose the hybrid spec and go full damage.

Currently as you may or may not know i am 50P/42Sh/39SL/6P, in a post before i posted many different specs i could change to with my single line respec.

But after playing with the char builder i came up with this what do you think.

50 Pole = All Pole Styles Max Weapon Skill
50 Slash = All Slash Styles No Variance on Pole Styles
23 Sheild = Rear Position Stun for fleeing enemys
15 Parry = Twice the amount i have had before and even with 6 Parry i did ok

This way i am pretty much a full Damage Dealing Tank but have enough in shield to stun enemys when they try to run.

What do you think really like this one, worried i am missing out on to much damage with low slash spec that i currently have.

Cheers.

Mad

(p.s Please dont mention trust i cant spec to it using a single spec line unless i go Hybrid spec and swap Slash to Thrust, plus i hate 1h styles in thrust.)

B

belth

Looks ok to me. Now, someone's bound to come and point out you'd have no Slam and go on and on about it.

I've no idea how easily Slam could be replaced by a back/sidepositional shield-stun, however.

V

Vasconcelos

I allways thought that the rear stun shield style was underated.

Guess, if you are charging a support/caster in a fight (the usual routine) with your shield and sword n hit the 1st swing, the enemy uses to panic and flight, showing you his arse. Then you can slam n swap to polearm.

However, never played a shield class so dunno the utility of this tactic in real rvr....

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
Ok have the same problem i was a little while ago not sure if i should loose the hybrid spec and go full damage.

Currently as you may or may not know i am 50P/42Sh/39SL/6P, in a post before i posted many different specs i could change to with my single line respec.

But after playing with the char builder i came up with this what do you think.

50 Pole = All Pole Styles Max Weapon Skill
50 Slash = All Slash Styles No Variance on Pole Styles
23 Sheild = Rear Position Stun for fleeing enemys
15 Parry = Twice the amount i have had before and even with 6 Parry i did ok

This way i am pretty much a full Damage Dealing Tank but have enough in shield to stun enemys when they try to run.

What do you think really like this one, worried i am missing out on to much damage with low slash spec that i currently have.

Cheers.

Mad

(p.s Please dont mention trust i cant spec to it using a single spec line unless i go Hybrid spec and swap Slash to Thrust, plus i hate 1h styles in thrust.)

if i played a pole arms thats what id have but thrust instead of slash, as mids are the main enemy and there support is thrust weak.

V

vintervargen

afaik the behind stun is only 3 or 4 secs.. might wanna check it up.

also, its hard to use it as a defensive skill, aka protect your support, which slam is superb for.

also, dont pole users got a behind snare style?

M

Madonion Slicer

Thanks for all the comments, as far as the Thrust Slash debate it is neither here nor there as i can only respec one line so i am Slash and that is the way it will stay.

Currently i am Hybrid and Slam and the high sheild works nicely, but when i RvR i am normally in a Guild Group which will always have atleast one Pally and another Tank (reaver, arms, pally) so normally Slam is covered by atleast 1 if not 2 others. This is why i am gearing more to being full offence with 50Pole 50Slash

Keeping 23 Sheild atleast gives me the chance to stun any fleeing target, and in PVE should allow me to S&S and have some decent blocking.

15 Parry, is twice as much as i have now and i do parry well with only 6spec, so 15 just be a little bonus.

Loosing Slam this is all i will loose from going into this spec, like i say most groups take more than one Tank and those will 80% of time have Slam. cant use it solo, in pve or rvr as the end cost leaves me crippled later.

The more i talk about it the more i like the spec anyone else got any thoughts on it.

O

old.LandShark

Paralyze is 6 seconds. Mangle, at 35 spec, is 8 seconds, and side positional.
To get one you only lose parry, to get the other you'd need to go 50pole/44slash/17parry/35shield and thus lose damage, although I personally still don't believe the difference in damage output from 50pole/50slash to 50pole/44slash can possibly be that large with spellcrafting.
I dunno, personally I'd not worry about having an anytime/positional stun and just make it a priority to get prevent flight. i.e. first determination, then PF, then purge n IP.

As for stunning fleeing targets, you'll usually find them already stun immune, no? But then I guess for 23shield you don't lose any damage, so, erm, ignore me =)

M

Madonion Slicer

aye agree with most of what is being said, the choice really comes down to is 28 Parry worth having over 23 Sheild and 15 Parry, so i might parry a little more but what actual use does it have, but with the sheild i can go S&S if need be and have a rear stun style if need be.

Chances are i never use S&S or rear stun, but would you rather not have a choice at all just to parry a little more.

Cheers for comments

K

Kagato.

Yes the 50 spec pole style has a long duration snare and follows on from a rear positional, however being the 2nd in a chain your not garunteed to land it, and currently as with most melee snares its bugged and does nothing, the icon appears to the enemy but the effect is not actually there or not noticable.

Its one of the things that is meant to be being fixed in the style review.

Of cause if you do land both styles the damage should be significant enough usually to cut there speed down regardless unless your up against another heavy tank.

S

Silenzio

mmm lvl 3 shield spec numb =) anytime... yess is short ... but u can do it when the target tunr run forward ecc u need just awee sec to before starting smas...

get 7 shield... for engage n 6 for guard 1...

or stay as u are =)

S

stinkie

unfortunatly too many tanks spec out of slam for more damage. slam isnt there to just stun your next victim its there to get the enemy off your support classes.

what do u thinks better. u hitting for an extra 50 hell even 500 every 5 secs or your only cleric surviving ?

Please dont give me the "But thats a pali's Job" line anyone who can spec slam and wants to work well in a group should get it. Especialy now with soo many mercs being rolled. you can bet we're going to have a lot more in RvR and will need slam armsmen even more.

rgrds,

Stinkie

M

Madonion Slicer

Good point stinkie, but if someone one is attacking my groups support class hence they will be facing them any attacks i make will be from the rear (oo err) so the rear stun will be perfect.

mmm me thinks my mind is made up, can go full offence and yet still have a little hybrid in me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom