What do you think of SI ?

R

Repent Reloaded

why the fook havent mythic/GOA or whoever updated the player models, we got a cool lookin world with realistic trees,sound,new atmos music,water then we still got lame lookin skins... wtf ?

appart from that it looks ub3r :D

O

old.LandShark

If anything needs improving its the animations. But then short of doing skeletal animation which would be just too complicated and power-consuming for a game where hundreds and hundreds of people can be on screen at once, I doubt there's much they COULD do.
Anyhow; realistic trees & water? The water looks like a polished steel mirror and the trees are still 2-piece cardboard cutouts for the most part.
Anyhow, what I think of SI is that my friend who plays US and has identical PC specs to me, reports that he has much better framerate in zergs now, although perhaps a little lower on average. (i..e lower fps in areas which are currently smooth, but much better fps in zergs)
That's good enough for me.

btw, new SI weapon models: http://pub79.ezboard.com/flighttanksofdaocfrm18.showMessage?topicID=71.topic

Top few screenies don't seem to work, hosting server may be a bit overloaded... Anyhow, it seems that only drops can have those models, but many such drops are 100%qua lvl51 drops from the SI dungeons.
Seen some screenies around with some of those weaps in action, including the lovely teardrop shaped tiny Alb shield being used by a scout. Looks lushhh, very unique. Think the shot(s) were on Critshot forums but I'm buggered if I can find em now =/

P

Pouget

Been playing with SI for a month now and I think it's alright. It's nothing spectacular or awesome, but it's a nice addition and worth buying. Especially the new classes, quests (with nice rewards) and areas are a welcome addition.

Graphics-wise the effects are more beautiful, but on the whole it isn't such a big jump from the old engine. For example, I would have expected much better animation, which SI really doesn't contain. The zergs are smoother and the spell effects don't slow down the frame rate.

One thing though, the engine needs a lot of RAM, I'd recommend 512MB. I played with 256 first and got major slow downs in DF and on the new areas. After upgrading to 512MB it's quite smooth all the time and the load times are much faster as well.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You want nice graphics? Go play AC2.

You want okay graphics with kick ass gameplay? Play DAoC.

:)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
You want nice graphics? Go play AC2.

You want okay graphics with kick ass gameplay? Play DAoC.

:)

You want cool items? Go play Diablo.

Had to add :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

What? It's good!

I'm damn sure I don't come back to the game for its graphics.

O

old.job

My mates system, 2.8ghz Pent4, 533bus, 333memory, golden sample ti4600.
AC2 rated it as average. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom