What do you think is the best proc for a shield in RvR ?

Chilly

Balls of steel
agree with Kir ;)

would cost you a fukin fortune to buy, thats if you can find one, which you wont.

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think a heal proc is that much use in rvr as it stands atm the main use for a shield is to guard someone else. I would get a reactive dd proc on my shield if i were a shield tank. Reason being a heal proc isn't much good if i haven't taken much damage myself (guarding someone else) and a dot reactive would make whoever it went off on immune to cc for its duration. If as a defensive tank you are looking at a heal proc/reactive to save your skin then it is most likely that your group (and very shortly after you) are dead already.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Shawr said:
I don't think a heal proc is that much use in rvr as it stands atm the main use for a shield is to guard someone else. I would get a reactive dd proc on my shield if i were a shield tank. Reason being a heal proc isn't much good if i haven't taken much damage myself (guarding someone else) and a dot reactive would make whoever it went off on immune to cc for its duration. If as a defensive tank you are looking at a heal proc/reactive to save your skin then it is most likely that your group (and very shortly after you) are dead already.
dd procs still removes root tho.
and heal proc on a pally (atleast farek)whould make him abel to solo most fg's

so i vote heal proc.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Active haste, or reactive dot imo :p depending how you play.... Active haste for Reavers and hybrid arms etc and reactive dot for defensive guys...

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
dd procs still removes root tho.
and heal proc on a pally (atleast farek)whould make him abel to solo most fg's

so i vote heal proc.

Good point. In that case I would say go for the heal reactive on your shield, or perhaps a dd proc for the chance to do a bit of damage as you are slamming people.

I would still say a dot reactive is a big nono for group rvr as you are only giving whoever it goes off on free cc immunity (except for stuns) for its duration (and also longer if someone tries to cc them whilst the dot is ticking). Dot reactives however would be pretty nice if you were soloing.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Reactive dd, reactive dot makes the target non cc'able. I know reactive dd will break root but at least it doesn't prevent you casting root/mezz on the target in teh first place. And heal procs are kinda out of most people's reach.

An alternate is to go for a charge of some kind I guess.

Bord

Fledgling Freddie
I have 2 shields on my hero.

A small one with DOT (weapon) proc on. Stun+Dot is a nice combo.

On the large shield when playing defensively I have Ablative - seems with a few albs whacking on me I always seem to have the damage buffer up - saving precious healing for those paper doll casters we hibs love so much :)

Would have liked the heal proc but its waaay to expensive and tricky to get hold of.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
a nuclear type pbaoe explosion that covers the whole zone and kills all enemies....

failing that stick a DD on it if you a gangbanger.
or an ablative or heal if you a gangbang avoider.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
lol shield. GO 2h for the win roxor uuber dmg = uuber rps etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom