What do you think (about the movie)

What should Frozen do with the abundance of (good) Fraps material ?

• Cut and stratch it into a decent sized movie, even in that means you will loose alot of good fights

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Put most of that is good into one monstermovie without making it booring or dull

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Make one big movie, but then split it into 2 or 3 parts.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Just forget about the movie :p

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Argh, Im having some troubles here...
I got wayyyy to much footage :/ (400+ good fraps records)
Few minutes ago i was selecting all good fights with different assasins above RR7, think it reached the 30 fights...
Already gonna have to skip alot, but still... will be big.
So I wonder, what would people prefer?

1. Just scratch and skip by far the most of the footage to be able to fit it into a medium sized video (talking about like 20 min / 400-500 mb i think).
2. Just make one mostermovie with most good material in it without it getting booring/dull (dont know heh, probably 30-45 min, atleast 750 mb).
3. Make a big movie and split it into 2 or 3 parts.
4. Just forget about the movie :p

Was personally thinking about just making a monstermovie... Already made quite some blocks and do think there is alot of variation to keep it interesting.

But was really wondering what ppl here would prefer, since you are the once i'm making it for ;)

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Shadowss

Banned
Did ya fraps our fight :O :) PUT THAT IN THERE :)

i would personally prefer a 20 minute video rather than a MONSTAR vid :)

you could serperate them into 3 diff movies *1v1's* *1vX* *fg* or whatever :)

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Ye ofc I recorded that fight...
But getting it down to 20min would mean for sure that fights like that wont be in it...

Oh and if i split, i just hack it into two (or 3), as I prefer to watch 1vs1 and 1vsX a bit more mixed for the variance...

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
I can't see any harm in splitting it up into shorter vids; I watched Plainshifter's latest Resolver, didn't detract that it was in 3 parts.

Indeed, it may benefit from clearly defined sections, 1v1, 1vX, group fights etc, that way there is a vid for everyone's tastes, though most will download all :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I went for the monstermovie option. As long as there's something interested in each fight, then you might as well make a long movie. Not like people nowadays lack the connection to dl a large file.

Then again you could be creative and make 3 movies. The "Assassin" one, the "Fun parts", the "FG footage". Random titles used but gets the point accross.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
1 big movie - split into 2 or 3 prts.. and then release each part a different month or so - wont get any other good vids i reckon in that time anymore so gives somet to watch at later date aswell :)

And no matter how good the movie watching 1 big movie in 1 go the footage will get repetitive despite your excellent editing/playing skills :)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I think you should do a monster movie, I think alot of people would download it as it's a VW movie, so not something you see alot of.

MegaMaejter

Banned
Voted 1 big movie but split into 2-3 parts. Make it like real chapters where maybe one chapter has a special nisch. If you do that you will keep the excitment and can get away with a 35 min long movie a 750 mb without too much QQ about size and lengh.

Hope you make a good one frozen maté :cheers:

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Make 1 big movie :).Wouldnt mind DLing it even if it was 2 GB :p

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems most ppl do prefer using most footage but then splitting it into a few parts, will see how that works out...

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Frozen, instead of making 1 movie out of all the fraps footage you done.
Make 2 or 3 movies so we can see all from the footage you have taken?
This way you will have everything you want in the movies and short too.

Amphrax/Arauddry

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Monster movie in parts - the more I see of you the better Frozen, you sexy beast :sex:

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Make 2 or 3 movies so we can see all from the footage you have taken?
Amphrax/Arauddry

Will use most good footage but really cant use everything,
think the movie would last for 2 hours or something then hehe :) (think this would be too much even for sexy bir ;))
But ye, I'll just make a big one, then cut it into 2 making it easier to download and such.

Ucallme

Banned
Will use most good footage but really cant use everything,
think the movie would last for 2 hours or something then hehe :) (think this would be too much even for sexy bir ;))
But ye, I'll just make a big one, then cut it into 2 making it easier to download and such.

Hope you dont show where I missed PA, CD :p and you hit me for 700 :p

Amphrax/Arauddry

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah I know that problem only too well Frozen. You should decide how long you want the movie to be (I'd suggest keeping it under 20 mins), and it's nice to show a variety of footage, problem is you have to be ruthless with what you cut.

I'd suggest thwowing in a few really close fights (and at least one where you had a good fight but lost) and some where you own them hardcore. I think it's nice to mix group and solo footage, if possible, too.

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah I know that problem only too well Frozen. You should decide how long you want the movie to be (I'd suggest keeping it under 20 mins), and it's nice to show a variety of footage, problem is you have to be ruthless with what you cut.

I'd suggest thwowing in a few really close fights (and at least one where you had a good fight but lost) and some where you own them hardcore. I think it's nice to mix group and solo footage, if possible, too.

The movie will be surely bigger then 20min hehe, more like 2x 20 min. But I do think I can keep it interesting enough... (up to you guys to decide that in the end though;))

Oh and there wont be any grp footage, all fights are solo ones (from 1vs1 to 1vs6 orso ;p)

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
You should try to reduce it to less than 10 Minutes if you expect ppl to watch it.

You can use some sort of faster playback for the boring parts to save time.. and zoom in with slowmotion (+temporal blur maybe) for the edgy fights.

But tbh I don't know a video-cutting-program that would support all these features so that one could just click them together.

And try to avoid the standart music ... take something fresh and funky like the bubble-bobble theme or the baywatch-intro-music.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I think vegas will do most of what you described. One thing that is nice to see is a fight followed by fast forward video then another fight.

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Id prefer a longer movie with all the top bits, I can see how others dont quite agree to this.

Maybe make a very short top notch movie, say a 10 minute elite fights. And make a longer bit for those interested in seeing some of the good and the bad, being around an hour long.

That should give everyone the thing they want. :)

Im working on a little homemovie myself. Being all the fights I deem worthy of being in a movie. Im not yet sure if I want to actually publish this one in public or just drop a link on the few guildsites Ive been active in. Ill drop you a pm on msn soon! ;)

kivik

Part of the furniture
Aslong as the footage is interesting and varying I can watch up to 40 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom