What do you like about WAR

Zede

Part of the furniture
Contary to a previous thread I made - this week ive been levelling solo in pve, doing quests pve quests only. solo dps runepriest : OP ( yarly !)

And...from 32 to 36, I have to honest....

its been FUN.

For one main reason - and hence the reason for the title, Praag.

In my opinion this is one, if not the most orginal zone ive come across in a mmorpg, so Bravo for that Mythic.

What do you guys like ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Praag is really a jewel tbh, best zone i ever witnessed in an MMO.
As for the ups of War, you can log in and actually achieve something without a sweat, accomadating whichever playtime you have.
The game is young, it'll shape up nicely in next months imo.
And also am taking it easy tbh .. must be that am becoming VERY old :s

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Agreed. Praag design is almost genius. Its my favourite open PvP/RvR area in any game I've seen, including DAoC. As anathema as that is to people that want to cling to memories of DAoC over anything that comes after.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
There's nothing that really stands out for me to be honest, I dont think anything in this game is better than anything I have played in 100 other games. Hoping that will change soon though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Very much like the greenskin areas, lots of good humour and pretty much what Warhammers greenies should be.

I love the T1 scenarios, Talabec Dam and the new Reikland one, shame the rest are dogs.

Also, can't argue with above, Praag is nicely done.

I know few will agree with me, but i love the fact that i never lag in this game, when i have always lagged in all the other mmo's i have played.

Unfortunately for me the crap far outweighs the good.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
As for the ups of War, you can log in and actually achieve something without a sweat, accomadating whichever playtime you have.

This and the general atmosphere of the world. Praag is cool yeah :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I like the fact that the relaxed gamer can get something out of his playtime. One doesn't have to play the game like it is a job, unlike lots of other MMOG's out there.

I also like the fact that the worst of the whiners have gone to be honest :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Some things have been mentioned in previous posts.

Praag is great, I was amazed when I first saw it, has a feeling like being a medieval WW2 Stalingrad. Amazing.

I like the fact that I don't have to do a single quests, nor kill a single mob to level up and get some decent gear. Scenarios should not be available to 40s but up till then they're great.

I like also that it doesn't have the daoc factor, nice to be able to just play 2-3 times a week, being casual, not having to worry that much about maximising every little detail (like OMG, my fire resists are at 25%, gotta fit in that extra 1%)

It's a good game for me so far

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I like the way the game looks, I like the RvR, I like the fact I can play for an hour and then rejoin planet earth, I like the near complete absecne of grinding, I like the different classes and I like the lore of the game.

It isn't perfect but it's bloody good fun.

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I like the graphics and, like some others said I like the "its no use to rush way".

Its a great game and if we can be patient it will be better and better.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
The fact that its killed some time before origins is released.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Warhammer is very casual friendly. But it has a drawback that you don't really have a goal to aim for at lvl 40. Getting the hardest dungeon gear help you a little but still if you where good before you are just as good after (or opposite).
Renown skills is almost worthless so there isn't really a point in that either.

Zone control is to weird and not promoting fun game play. Keeps/BOs shouldn't give RP, Skirmish shouldn't give VP. You should take Keeps/BO's to get zone control and you should kill players for RPs.

Zede

Part of the furniture
BLACK CRAG WAS DESIGNED BY SPIDERS ON LSD

From best to worst, this game has it all zone wise :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I like Black Crag. It messes with peoples' heads. The Squiggly BO is very funny. Watching people trying to find Badmoon Hole is a cross between hilarity and frustration as you try to get them there to defend. Badmoon Hole Keep looks *awesome*.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I like the fact its not DAOC, the game has lots of polish, i like the grafics and i think scenerios are great,classes imagnative and as was said about how casual friendly it is. I could have SWORN people where asking for BGs for all levels in DAOC, now it seems people have them and dont like it! The only thing i would change about scenerios is increase the time limit.

As much as i used to love DAOC, the inssesent grind and rediculues timesink-o-expansion policy of mythic ment despite haveing the elder title, i dint play much for 2 or so years and not at all really for the last, it burnt its bridges with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom