What do you do when your boss catches you on the forums at work?

P

[PS]Fool

Well, not having a job myself (ahh the blissfull holidays of a 14 year old), i was wonderin wht u lot do if someone catches u not doing ur work? plz answer, as it will make funny reading for me :D

B

Brannor McThife

Click on MS Word. Or something work related...not that I'm doing anything right now anyway... idling... Wish I could stay at home...

<sighs>

-G

S

SFXman

Yup.... 2½ summer vacation sure is nice.

G

Gef

I got dual monitors, I usually have a website (forums normally) open on the left one and UltraEdit/Photoshop open on the right one. So it always looks like I'm doing work anyway :)

O

old.Normengast

hehe

I chose to sit with my face to the door so i can see when someone enters ;)

O

old.cerebus

Employee magic :

Alt + Tab

(It takes 0.1 seconds to do and it saves lives)

S

Shamarinor

Absolutely nothing, my boss doesn't mind as long as there are no emergencies to deal with....ah the life of an IT support technician :D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Shamarinor
Absolutely nothing, my boss doesn't mind as long as there are no emergencies to deal with....ah the life of an IT support technician :D
:D
Must be great... probably have a good connection and all :)

S

Shamarinor

Originally posted by SFXman

:D
Must be great... probably have a good connection and all :)

Have a great connection here :D although i have broadband at home as well :D

S

SFXman

Heh, remember one job last summer, spent the whole time on a computer downloading warez (lol) ;)
Except occasionally I left the computer on and went to do work.

J

Javai

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Click on MS Word. Or something work related...not that I'm doing anything right now anyway... idling... Wish I could stay at home...

<sighs>

-G

Yeah you gotta love the alt-tab shortcut ;)

C

c0ngo

Originally posted by kemor
Read some more :)

Lol top post.

Mines off sick today so no worries.

Think he's scared on my Smite though so doubt he'd say much even if he was here.

J

Javai

Originally posted by c0ngo

Think he's scared on my Smite though so doubt he'd say much even if he was here.

What even now smite's been nerfed :rolleyes:

H

Hulbur

Well you know you have the right job when:

You say: Sorry boss, i have to leave early today, i have an appointment at the dentist.

He replies: Yes i know! My guild is in the alliance and we are coming on the relic raid as well.

:clap:

Here comes the cow :m00:

O

old.Normengast

hehe

Wouldn't it be cool is your boss was just newly hooked to the game and you help him out by giving him free stuff, money, advice and some powerlevelling with your uber char. He doesn't dare to say something at work cos you're helping him out every time :)

there i go dreaming again...

K

Khalen

Luckily I sit with my face toward the door opening as well :) So I have another program open or word file to do a quick ALT-TAB ;)

P

[PS]Fool

When i am a boss of some uber large company, i am going to remove the alt and tab keys from all my keyboards :p

O

old.The McScrooges

I think this thread should be moved to the Technical support forum.

Before I used to use the toolbar, but alt-tab is so much quicker.

This is community spirit, helping a fellow gamer loaf.

I

inqy

Start-L = Lock workstation and then go do some stuff somewhere else. Like errrr check a server or summit :D

Only admin can then login and that wipes whatever I was looking at :p

O

old.Tohtori

Quickly fire up DaoC. He really, really really doesn't like me wasting time on the boards...and i'm SERIOUS. He just comes to the room and yells "Oh come on! GEt into the game allready so i can trade!" :p

T

Tasans

When i worked at a web design company every pc had quake arena, so after a long day work we could have lan frag-fest...
Bring in the cow
:m00:

B

big_b

I've been praying every night that i have a long lost relative that is SUPER! rich :) and has left all their cash to me so i never have to work again and just sit at home playing on games, watching T.V, and eating all day boy what a life that would be :clap:

O

old.Bowen

I try to explain what DAOC is all about to him but he just takes the p!$$ and says I need to get out more :rolleyes:

J

Jiggs

I am the boss hehe :) my problem is employees wondering what the heck i am laughing at.....

E

erl

Originally posted by inqy
Start-L = Lock workstation and then go do some stuff somewhere else. Like errrr check a server or summit :D

Only admin can then login and that wipes whatever I was looking at :p
Thanks, didn't know that shortcut before, can come in handy ;)

O

old.Azrak

*coughs* I am the boss, so I have to make sure I can't see what I'm looking at :p (and give myself a good ticking off if I catch me doing it)

T

Takhasis

Me's the head network techy too :) including internet access monitoring,,,

Hence the fact that all the daoc sites are blocked for all users apart from me - hehehe

Damn i'm good :p
:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom