what do you all think of it?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
What do all you new Beat testers think of WoW so far? I was in the US closed beta although i played horde, this time i thought i would try alliance althought i am getting lost :)

Still a lot more to come in WoW, there is :

Hero classes (lvl 60+)
battlegrounds and PvP
Legendary weapons

and read something on about blizzards first expansion later this year, from what i remember they mentioned 3 new classess, Warden, beastmaster (and something else), with Half-orges as a new race.

Sometimes WoW can be too solo friendly, but wait till the higher levels and the instances, they are more group friendly :).

Shailaa

Loyal Freddie
5 min after i posted my Grouping post i read yours, especially the last lines. They made me happy :)

Besaides that fact i realy like the game :clap:

Aada

Part of the furniture
waiting for a real pvp system to come in aint played it for a month..

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
If you're not using your beta acc i'll be happy to use yours :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Game rocks, and has enormous potential. Atm i cant think of any serious flaws in it (other than no pvp system, but we all know its beeing fixed) and that is a very nice verdict indeed :) Remains to be seen if its long-term fun, but for now its definetly the game for me.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
totally love it :)

its such a welcome break from my last mmorpg, maybe thats only cause its new and ill be bored in a year or so time but for just now i love it

So much thought has gone into this game its amazing :D

Spooks

Fledgling Freddie
love the game so far and can't wait to see what blizzad do with it in the future, only little niggle is the interface. is there anyway to rearrange the windows around the screen? looked everywhere in the options and tried everything but they just wont budge

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Love it!

Had my first crash last night but I had been playing for 7 hours non-stop - logged straight back in to see this in /gu:

X: Yeah he's like level 13 now thats what I call addiction
Y: Bastard
.... pause
X Oh.. level 12

:touch:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
forgot to mention the racing track in the barrens? if it is still there, or is that just US servers?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Spooks said:
love the game so far and can't wait to see what blizzad do with it in the future, only little niggle is the interface. is there anyway to rearrange the windows around the screen? looked everywhere in the options and tried everything but they just wont budge

haven't played around with the UI, but you can try some of the other ones people have made

Feral

Fledgling Freddie
Never tried it but I think Gypsymod lets you move and resize stuff.

zenobia

Fledgling Freddie
i totally love it..played usa beta and usa full release until euro beta.
last mmo was lineage2...kinda disapointing in the end(but i take my hat off to lineage2 graphic designers/artists...some beautiful design and artwork).

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Good potential game, still unknown about the pvp aspect

Its bit solo friendly but gets funny if you grp with some guildies n share quests, you can have a laff while running around looking for hat fukin named centaur :p

Oh and its easy to raise levels just by doing quests, 14th priest after 2 evenings :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
forgot to mention the racing track in the barrens? if it is still there, or is that just US servers?

there is a race track in Thousand Needles.... never seen one in the barrens :)

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
I think the game is amazing so far. lvl12 Druid atm, thinking about starting some other characters to see which i like playing most (for retail) much better than SWG ever was, it seems there is always somthing to do in WoW unlike galaxies where it was a complete grind the whole way through. it'll be interesting to see how it fairs later on when all the quests are completed, but I think that will take a while.

Note: the quests are all different, and each set of quests follows an interesting little plot. Galaxies suffered here a great deal.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
They really need to add battlegrounds asap, with the current horrid lack of a death penalty playing PvP server is somewhat meaningless.

You kill someone, they rez back right where you killed them 30 seconds later, ad infinitum; corpse camping is only fun for so long.

Makes a joke out of any fight really, you kill 3 people they get back up and zerg you while you're still fighting the other 2, really really short sighted not to have any sort of PvP timer, this escalates when you start having large battles that go on for hours as victory is entirely impossible without a huge numbers advantage, removes any need for tactics etc. :(

Think daoc style zerging but if people had the ability to self rez after 30 seconds, with no rez sickness, half health and no need to rebuff other than your own self buffs.

That and there's nothing to do at 60 other than endlessly run high level instances which are for the most part very sparse on loot and take quite a while to get through.

Any attempts at raiding enemy towns are also entirely pointless, you kill 10 guards the game spawns 10 more higher level and so on until you're dead.

That's the view from a 60 US retail player anyway, i`ll be rerolling in EU and taking it slowly, hopefully battlegrounds will be out within 6 months :/ Until then I wouldn't advise anyone to powerlevel to 60 unless you really love doing the same 3 instances over and over and over :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
In my opinion if you decide to powerlevel to 60 you actually miss out on the majority of fantastic content created within the game. Yes you can gank (if that is what you like doing) however the quest content is really very good.

Battlegrounds and the honour system will improve the pvp game 100% however I don't think Blizzard made this game for powerlevellers :).

As for redoing instances I did a low level instance 3x in closed beta (Wailing Caverns) and loved the experience. I would have done Razofen Kraul and Shadowkeep a few more times also had FB not opened. :)

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
pvpserver sucks imo, its mostly just anoying to play on those, imo choose a pve server and wait for battlegrounds then u dont have to get pissed all the time on those lame highlvls that chainkill u everytime u gonna do a quest, maybe its fun for the first 10 lvls but then it gets booooring :)

Syri

FH is my second home
I love it, everything from the detail in the world, to the funny commands like /train. from the underground tram to the griffin rides.
it's got such a lot in, including the best pve experience i've seen in a mmorpg, and with battlegrounds and more on the horizon, i can see it lasting a long time, and providing a lot of enjoyment.

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
The one thing that really excites me .... is the loot rolling system!!! how cool is that?! the loot stays on the corpse until everyone in the group has rolled for it then the highest roller gets it .. fantastic idea. Stops people running off with rare items and logging straight away.

Ok thats not the only thing i like but i did think it was kinda cool.. The other great thing that i missed from daoc aftyer a while is that if you are doing a quest.. particularly a lowbie one when you get to the quest area there is generally a large amount of people doing the same quest that you can group with to get it done quicker. This semi-linear fashion forces people who do quests into similar areas so that you nearly always find someone you can help or someone that can help you. Also i have not once been turned away froma group yet. Even grouping with people 5 levels above me and i am still useful to everyone. None of the old sorry mate you have to be level 20 to take these down.

The other great thing is quest sharing as i mentioned on another thread. If two people gruop up and havent different quests but in the same area then they can share them and double the exp.. There is no reason onot to share the quests which is great. If you in a group you want everyone else to level at the same time as you so they can be useful on the next higher levels quest so we share... theres that word again that we miss from all the other greed MMORPG's .. SHARE!!!

If your a rogue who doesn't use mana and you are grouped with a priest who does and you pick up some glasses of milk.. give them to the priest don't sell them!! its more beneficial because at the end of the day he is likely to keep you alive :)

Yes i love this game and am taking the rest of the week off for various reasons not least to play WoW... WOW what a game :) :worthy: :clap:

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ill be taking a week of work to play it when retail comes me thinks so i can really enjoy it :D

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
ill be taking a week of work to play it when retail comes me thinks so i can really enjoy it :D

Me thinks thats a bad idea as the newbie zones will be so crowded the first 1-2 weeks :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Elenos said:
The one thing that really excites me .... is the loot rolling system!!! how cool is that?! the loot stays on the corpse until everyone in the group has rolled for it then the highest roller gets it

Its not so fun when one of your group is AFK :touch:

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I like "emailing" money and loot to my alts, Also sending them little messages telling them how good they are :eek7:

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Grimmen said:
Me thinks thats a bad idea as the newbie zones will be so crowded the first 1-2 weeks :)

true true m8

i might give it a month

my holidays get reset in april so really ive got until then and ive got like 10 days left muhhahahaa

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Elenos said:
The one thing that really excites me .... is the loot rolling system!!! how cool is that?! the loot stays on the corpse until everyone in the group has rolled for it then the highest roller gets it .. fantastic idea. Stops people running off with rare items and logging straight away.

It's probably one of the worst things about the game that only newbies use :)

First of all it's bugged so that all the corpses sparkle making everyone in the group think they can loot, second it lets idiots roll on stuff they shouldn't wear i.e. warriors rolling on cloth etc. whether intentionally or not accidents can also happen which you can't do anything about esp considering how much stuff is bind on pick up.

It's far better to just use FFA loot or RR and /random 100 on stuff, assuming you can trust the group.

Yoni said:
In my opinion if you decide to powerlevel to 60 you actually miss out on the majority of fantastic content created within the game. Yes you can gank (if that is what you like doing) however the quest content is really very good.

Battlegrounds and the honour system will improve the pvp game 100% however I don't think Blizzard made this game for powerlevellers .

As for redoing instances I did a low level instance 3x in closed beta (Wailing Caverns) and loved the experience. I would have done Razofen Kraul and Shadowkeep a few more times also had FB not opened.

Heh, the thing is after a while i.e. 40-50 you just get fed up of the same old boring quests that send you all over the place constantly, some are pretty cool but nearly everyone i knew in retail ended up just grinding a lot of the levels because the quests were just so annoying.

No mmorpg seems to be made for power levellers, the lack of content is one thing but the lack of thought that went into the PvP servers is quite painful when you think of how popular they are.

SFK is one of my favourites, WC is way too long, RFK isn't too bad. They're nothing like the high level instances though, the biggest problem personally for me as a Shaman was that there was so little loot, I think out of a week of running the instances multiple times a day I saw about 2-3 items that were useable, maybe I'm just unlucky but it's quite common to have to run a place 15 times+ to get the drop you want. :puke:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
scorge said:
I like "emailing" money and loot to my alts, Also sending them little messages telling them how good they are :eek7:

weee, im not the only one that does that then :wub:

Siven

Fledgling Freddie
What do you all think of it?

I dont know as i dont have a key :(

But i have it ordered anuway as EQ2 was too much work and not enough fun after lvl22 i found.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Simply love the game, The quest are nice, now im 22 and i havet really xp'ed the old fashion way yet. pvp is fun so far, love doing quest in contested zones with the risk of meeting enemies :)

Would ofc like some reward or so, but atm its notthing that bothers me, still fun without :)

But i belive you should have rez sickness or similar after finding your corpse, atleast on a pvp death.

Feral said:
Never tried it but I think Gypsymod lets you move and resize stuff.

you can resize chat boxes all you want, you can even make new chat boxes if you like, just rightclick the name plate of the char and you get a hole lot of options :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom