What do you all think about RvR fights longivity ?

Erdo

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I feel its boring to encounter and enemy realm group and they all dead in anywhere from 10s to 1min or we all dead in same amount of time.

Even the big RvR fights with several fg's in the open last but a few minutes.

The idea of beating up on someone for several minutes before finally beating him down appeals much more to me than only getting a few shots at him before his dead and I move on. (or im dead :p)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Erdo said:
Personally I feel its boring to encounter and enemy realm group and they all dead in anywhere from 10s to 1min or we all dead in same amount of time.

Even the big RvR fights with several fg's in the open last but a few minutes.

The idea of beating up on someone for several minutes before finally beating him down appeals much more to me than only getting a few shots at him before his dead and I move on. (or im dead :p)

Well go play Tetris or something ^^

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
to much ras and mls that´s why...RvR isent like it used to be...will c if it gets better with frontier!!!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
I have never understood why RvR shouldn't have the same damage as PvE.

Red con mobs hit me in the low 100s. Yellow con players can hit me for 500+. I can hit someone with leviathian for the amount of damage The Pheonix dishes out.

I just don't believe this makes sense. It can take far longer to get group wipe on a bad pull of purps than it does to die in RvR.

I really think RvR damage output needs a massive downsizing.

Bernard

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:

Red con mobs hit me in the low 100s. Yellow con players can hit me for 500+. I can hit someone with leviathian for the amount of damage The Pheonix dishes out.

I just don't believe this makes sense. It can take far longer to get group wipe on a bad pull of purps than it does to die in RvR.

yep

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
RA's+SC+TOA = Fast death in rvr

I don't mind this at all (except savages) but what does niggle me is how long it takes to get to the action in the first place. + The time to form up a group, then finally finding an enemy team and one of you wins within 0.01% of the time it took to do everything else.

RvR is like a rollercoaster ride that goes 5mph flat on the ground for a while and at the end theres a really nice fast gravity drop. Once its over you want to get back on it just for that one thrill.

Im hoping frontiers will sort many problems out <holds his breath>

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
From what i remember it was a quick death in RvR before Si even came out, don't think you can fully blame the add-ons.

kain

Fledgling Freddie
I would agree with the original poster, then again some classes are ok, look at us thanes.. some would say gimped but personally I would say we're spot on and you all are messed up.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
As the game as gone on, people have gathered together better equipment and abilities tweaked their specs and suits, goten' faster at playing etc.

Maybe be nice to have a increase in health points? to compensate for the dmg everyone does now?

as in my opinion its easier to incrae your dmg through ra's/ml's/weapons/class abilities then up your hp.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, when fighting groups of equal level I feel the fights last longer than they used to be now :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
As the game as gone on, people have gathered together better equipment and abilities tweaked their specs and suits, goten' faster at playing etc.

Maybe be nice to have a increase in health points? to compensate for the dmg everyone does now?

as in my opinion its easier to incrae your dmg through ra's/ml's/weapons/class abilities then up your hp.

Nothing has changed tbh.

As people have got better weapons/buffs, so the AF and Bonus have increased. Players essentially do the same ration of damage as they always have.

People don't die quicker now than they did at release, RvR has always been too quick, and the reason is the stupidly increased damage vs other players.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Nothing has changed tbh.

As people have got better weapons/buffs, so the AF and Bonus have increased. Players essentially do the same ration of damage as they always have.

People don't die quicker now than they did at release, RvR has always been too quick, and the reason is the stupidly increased damage vs other players.
People died faster before ;p one of the early 1.3x or 1.4x patches mythic decreased RvR damage by 30-35% ;p

But yeah i do agree. RvR damage should be toned down even if its only 20-25% less means fight will last a tad bit longer.

Downside being it gives the zergers more time to add onto fights ;p

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
when one grp is much better than the other yes fights are brutally short
but when grps are even fights can often last 5mins+

and the bigger your zerg, the shorter the fights... all it is is a competition to get a hit in so you get a few rps

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
People died faster before ;p one of the early 1.3x or 1.4x patches mythic decreased RvR damage by 30-35% ;p

But yeah i do agree. RvR damage should be toned down even if its only 20-25% less means fight will last a tad bit longer.

Downside being it gives the zergers more time to add onto fights ;p

No. They proposed to decrease damage by 35% but too many babies whined. The damage decrease was proposed to help tanks survive against casters.

Stealthers whined because they didn't want to lose damage.

Casters whined because they didn't want to lose damage.

That would have left tanks doing less dmg and being even more farmable than they were.

Mythic cancelled the reduction, then introduced Epic Armour and RA's. For a while thinks got a bit better, until weapons and buff proliferation swung it back.

Moth Twiceborn

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:

Last time I was in RvR (all right, all right settle down) we were having a jokey go at retaking Renaris after the mids had left - all 7 of us :)

We were holding our own against the guards, when the mids (predictably) came back. I literally blinked and missed the deaths of our whole group.

Casualgamer

Fledgling Freddie
Reduction in damage done by all classes in RvR to an equal percentage across the board would make a potentially huge difference to a lot of people's RvR experience. At present, in a fight between a fotm group and a random group, the random group will all die and the fotm group will all survive. Reduce the amount of damage, and the random group members will have a chance to survive mezz, and even have time to actually hammer a bit on one of the fotm group. The overall result would still be the same : the fotm group would win every time. But there'd be an increased chance of the randoms actually killing one of the fotm group. Just that, coupled with the feeling that you'd been in a fight because of the increased duration, would make a big difference to the accessibility and enjoyability of RvR for the casual player.

At present, too often that experience is essentially (1) run, (2) shout "inc", (3) mezzed and (4) dead. Often in less than 5 seconds from (2) to (4). If you've waited 20 minutes to group up and 15 minutes to port, that's a pretty poor return on your leisure time. Frontiers simply has to address this, or there will be a mass exodus. Imo.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Casualgamer said:
At present, too often that experience is essentially (1) run, (2) shout "inc", (3) mezzed and (4) dead. Often in less than 5 seconds from (2) to (4). If you've waited 20 minutes to group up and 15 minutes to port, that's a pretty poor return on your leisure time. Frontiers simply has to address this, or there will be a mass exodus. Imo.

I agree that the amount of action you get is minimal compared to the waiting for ppl / port, and although I think it's exciting just to run around looking for enemies - not knowing whether you will be mezzed the next second - I know a lot of ppl who have quit daoc because of this. Come back, Halsbrann!! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom