What do u think about this Hero template ?

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Stats

Str: 82 Int: 0 Hits: 232
Con: 85 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 94 Cha: 0
Qui: 21 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 26 Energy: 25 Crush: 26
Cold: 24 Matter: 25 Thrust: 26
Heat: 26 Spirit: 26 Slash: 25

Skills

11 Shield

11 Celtic Spear

7 Parry

11 Blades

Focus

Cap Increases

20 Dex

80 Hits

5 Str

15 Con

Other Bonuses

10 Melee Damage Bonus

28 AF Bonus

9 Melee Speed Bonus

4 Style Damage Bonus

this is the best template i could make so far, im a defensive hero, so dex cap increase, is very important for me for the block rating, and shield weapon skill for slams and stuff

this stats and bonus are with shield + sword, like u could see, battler, and golden spear has the same stats, so when i use golden spear for some damage dealing, i will have the same stats, except in 2 things, style damage will be increased to 8% , and melee damage decreased to 7%, what i think it is still good enough, u dont need style damage or stuff when slaming. About the only 7 parry, u all know what important is parry for a rvr hero :p

I'm using 7 artifacts, 2 quest item, 0 ROG items, 4 items u should get in raids, and the rest crafted armor pieces with SC

it isnt a perfect template i know, but is the best i could make so far, and i think this template is better than all the bs that there is in vn boards :p

so..., may i have all youre opinions ? :), if u all like this template, etc etc, i can post the config report

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't make a stable judgement unless you post all items from ToA etc.

It looks better than your hero do tho. ;)

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
If there would be, or if i could find, items with 10 dex cap increase instead of 5, i could cap quick and parry
but... is there items that increase the dex cap by 10 points ? :X, and if there is some, my i know what items ? :)

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
XFear said:
If there would be, or if i could find, items with 10 dex cap increase instead of 5, i could cap quick and parry
but... is there items that increase the dex cap by 10 points ? :X, and if there is some, my i know what items ? :)

Phoebus Harp Necklace summoned 'Phoebus Harp' give 10 dex cap bonus xDDDDDD

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
It is much better than mine thats for sure, I would really love to check out a config report :).

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
Phoebus Harp Necklace summoned 'Phoebus Harp' give 10 dex cap bonus xDDDDDD

i want tank items, not caster items :p

Bellona

Banned
maybe more + to hp cap?

dont play tank, and dont know items, so might not be viable if u want to cap rest :)

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
maybe more + to hp cap?

dont play tank, and dont know items, so might not be viable if u want to cap rest :)

I dont know what will be the roll of a hero in toa with bodyguard and stuff, if i see that all people go for heroes first etc, ill respec my RAs to get IP and more stuff, i think i really dont need to get more hp cap increases, 100 hits or whatever wont let me survive more time, maybe 1 hit more, but lol, i will get the bugged IP if i see that i need it, and i think it will be enough

shield hero, fully buffed, with IP, shield 50, mob3-5, and 2 druids in the group healing u is almost unbeatable :p, ofc the druids must be good, and if the things become too hard, i get AP 3, + IP, and now im unbeatable :p

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
I made this new template also :p

I thought about it and... why do i want +blades ? if i want damage, ill use my spear, and the shield weaponskill is based on dex, and youre shield skill ( what i heard :p )

So in this new template, i have 5 more str, 90 more hits, 10 more AF, 2% more cold resis, 5 less blade skill, and 1% less energy resis

Stats

Str: 85 Int: 0 Hits: 324
Con: 85 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 96 Cha: 0
Qui: 21 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 26 Energy: 24 Crush: 26
Cold: 26 Matter: 25 Thrust: 26
Heat: 26 Spirit: 27 Slash: 25

Skills

11 Shield

11 Celtic Spear

7 Parry

6 Blades

Focus

Cap Increases

20 Dex

120 Hits

10 Str

10 Con

Other Bonuses

10 Melee Damage Bonus

38 AF Bonus

9 Melee Speed Bonus

4 Style Damage Bonus

what template do u like more ? :p

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Im prolly wrong but if u have low 1H weap skill your chance to land slam on those with higher WS than you will be significantly reduced.

Prefer the 1st template tbh :p

Post the items n shit needed :D

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Xanthian said:
Im prolly wrong but if u have low 1H weap skill your chance to land slam on those with higher WS than you will be significantly reduced.

I heard that the WS that it takes for the slam rating, is youre main weapon skill, for example, i have 50 spear, 24 blades, well , the slam is affected for the 50 spear, i know it is strange, but well, give new patch that shows youre shield WS , imo

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer you second template. What are the artifacts you are using?

With reference to Slam and 1H weapon skill: I have 6 in blades (+11 +7) so its quit low but from experience slam hardly ever lets me down. So I think you gain a lot more from your second template.

My problem is going to be capping parry as well, as I am speced 39 in parry I really want it as high as possible. Yeah yeah it does not work in RvR (does some times actually just check your log and make sure you always have the attackers in front of you. Well actually in that situation I'd be pulling out the shield and just kiting some n00bs around till the PB back up arrived,...anyway) but when you solo an enemy it sure as hell does work. As I love roaming Odins/Hadrians its nice to have some defence with a 2H weapon.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Xanthian said:

Yes, you are wrong :p.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
XFear said:

Bladeshadow created from the level 10 crocs tooth ability afaik

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
XFear said:
this is the best template i could make so far, im a defensive hero, so dex cap increase, is very important for me for the block rating, and shield weapon skill for slams and stuff

About the only 7 parry, u all know what important is parry for a rvr hero :p

Slams are not affected by dex, shields are str based dmg hence str & sheild spec only.

Parry is usefull with bodyguard as now their assist train has to melee you down.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Xanthian said:

Yep very wrong, come test my slam with 6 blades quick before I respec, youll find it very hard to spot any difference between me and a 50/50 s&s when it comes to landing slam :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Nice template XFear, but if you are a defensive hero I would up Qui and Parry as your parry and evade are way below what they could be.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
/em goes for 4th post it a row.

Please post the template mate, I would be interetsted to know where you got the TOA bonuses from as thats the bit im having trouble with.

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Slams are not affected by dex, shields are str based dmg hence str & sheild spec only.

Parry is usefull with bodyguard as now their assist train has to melee you down.

the chance to slam the other is dex based, not str boni :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
omg 5 in a row!

XFear said:
I heard that the WS that it takes for the slam rating, is youre main weapon skill, for example, i have 50 spear, 24 blades, well , the slam is affected for the 50 spear, i know it is strange, but well, give new patch that shows youre shield WS , imo

That would explain why my 42 shield seems to do as good as 50 shield (seeing as i have 50CS)...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
XFear said:
the chance to slam the other is dex based, not str boni :p

Is it really? I guess seeing as my dex has always been capped I might not notice that, but ive always thought it wasnt... Arent both to hit and dmg based on 'some weaponskill', which for shields is str/shield?

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Is it really? I guess seeing as my dex has always been capped I might not notice that, but ive always thought it wasnt... Arent both to hit and dmg based on 'some weaponskill', which for shields is str/shield?

drop all youre dex from youre template, and do slams, later, put youre template with capped dex, and take red buffs of dex, u will see that youre slam rating increases a lot

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
XFear said:
drop all youre dex from youre template, and do slams, later, put youre template with capped dex, and take red buffs of dex, u will see that youre slam rating increases a lot

yep ill try it :D

time for some nude slamming !

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
XFear said:

Yeah your right :D

It would appear that shield weaponskill is based on dex not str. After doing 50+ slams on my BB its quite clear, im doing more dmg and landing more often with dex buffs. Str seem to have no effect!

Jimmeh

Fledgling Freddie
any chance you can post exactly what your using in 2nd template? i want to see if i can juggle it about abit and have +11lw instead of spear, as.... u guessed it im specced in lw not spear :clap:

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Artifacts i have been collecting are :

Sun Belt
Eirene's Hauberk (dont have it yet)
Harpy Feather Cloak
Winged Helm
Cyclops Sheild

What artifacts are you Hero's collecting to use in your template ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom