what do u need to do to run 2 daoc accounts on the same pc ?

P

Pandemic

got it to run in windowed mode and would like to see if i can run 2 accounts on the same pc, how do u do this / what do u need

i have 1.2ghz pc (!!), 512mb ram, win 98 se, 128mb gf4 graphics card, 22 inch screen :)

D

duact

working fine for me with 2,4+ amdxp gf4 64mb 1024 ddr ram and windows xp

P

Pandemic

yeah but i mean how do u do it ? when i try to open up a second doac it says daoc is already running

X

Xandax

sorry for going slightly OT:
My computer reboots when ever I try to run 2 accounts at once unfortunally :(

Should be albe to run it but don't know if it is defect RAM or cause I run win2K.

Got a 2.4 P4 with 1gb ram, geforce 4 gfx etc - should be able to run but at the instant that the two accounts get into the game .... reboot.

Rather annoying :(

(and yes ... SI accounts)

N

nott

you may have to sync the start somehow...like get to the logon screen with both accounts before entering pw.

think it was something like that when i tested it but that was ages ago so I dont remember excact.my comp performed horribly though. I remember that.

ps:this was even before SI...shhh

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by infozwerg
only works with SI

yeah got that :) if i try running a second account at any point b4 being in the game it says login already running and if in the game it says daoc is already running

O

old.casiraghi

Trick when running on win 98 is to start both "accounts" so you get the CD-key screen up. when both accounts has this screen you can start both accounts with no problems.

Edit: no problems meening, if both are run windowed :) sometimes it crashes for me when running one fullscreen and other windowed :)

P

Pandemic

k thanks all 4 the help got its now working

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by Xandax

Should be albe to run it but don't know if it is defect RAM or cause I run win2K.

Got a 2.4 P4 with 1gb ram, geforce 4 gfx etc - should be able to run but at the instant that the two accounts get into the game .... reboot.

mmm bit odd mate i just got mine working um but thats with win 98se so not much help to u

W

Weeping Willow

Downgrade to 41.09 Nvidia drivers.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by aginamist
Downgrade to 41.09 Nvidia drivers.

Hmm - dunno what detonate I use (had to upgrade when I got DX 9) - but will check when I get to my home PC.

W

Weeping Willow

That fixed lots of problems for me atleast. Had random reboots, daoc crashed and bla. Now it only crashes once every second day instead of five times every day and not a single reboot.

B

Bebopbo

this might have been said already as i jus skipped most replys & replied myself :p anywayz..
this is what i do..as someone said i think you need SI then double click your SI.exe as you normally do to open the login window but the trick is do this 2 times so it opens 2 (now you wont get the annoying "Already running message") Now just enter 1 account username&password in 1 & the other account&passy in the other :)

btw..i did try running in window mode but i found this VERY laggy...instead i just use ALT & TAB to switch between the 2 :)

good luck m8y :)

P

Phuze

hmmm

just some advice..

firsly i need to mention that i have 2 daoc si folders.

i find it more stable to run the main window (ie: the once you will actually be playing) in fullscreen, and the BB in a 8x6 window, with all gfx turned down etc.

i keep the BB open on the desktop (not minimised) with sounds set to 0.

i find that minimised windows tend to ld/CTD much more often. with this setup i get the best stability.

tho for it to be practical u need 2 daoc folders.

btw my pc is p4 2.6c // 1gb ddr400 dual channel // 9700pro.

S

Spix

just a friendly tip for all that run 2 accounts on same machine.
In windows 2k or XP

when you are logged in with both chars
do ctrl-alt-del go to processes
select game.dll and set priority to low on them both , then it wont lag as much and you wont have problem losing /stick

This also works pretty well if you run one char and have problem in zergs with very much lag, atleast for me

X

Xandax

Personally I wouldn't recommend setting process priority to low, seeing as you thereby decresse the CPU time the game.dll will get when being scheduled by the OS.

Maybe for the second account, this would do something "beneficial" but I wouldn't do it for the main account/game.dll you play.
It means the client will update what happens in the game slower (or rather with longer intermessions) due to getting less CPU time.

By the way - it has now been possible for me to get two clients running, unfortunally (seemed an upgrade of gfx driver to lates detonate worked) - not very effective with LDs and Lagspikes an mass.... but gonna try working on it to see if I can't optimize it.

B

Blazor Meneth

If I run 2 accounts the best for me is if I got the window mode "accounT" active and have the fullscreen on stick, then he dont lose stick but if I run with fullscreen then the window mode account drops stick pretty fast, you can also run 3 account by using TS/Radmin so that you run 1account from another comp :)

S

Silenzio

go in systmem propertyes... advanced... start up and recovery

then unflag

Automatically Reboot :)

will not enable to run 2 client... but atleast ur pc wont reboot

btw if the pc does like that... check ur hd free space n ur swap file options bb

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Silenzio
go in systmem propertyes... advanced... start up and recovery

then unflag

Automatically Reboot :)

will not enable to run 2 client... but atleast ur pc wont reboot

btw if the pc does like that... check ur hd free space n ur swap file options bb

Have got it to run (few posts up - although very laggy etc. Will look into it at some later point in time) - and harddisk and swap were some of my initial things to do of couse (wich didn't work though) :)

S

Spix

Personally I wouldn't recommend setting process priority to low, seeing as you thereby decresse the CPU time the game.dll will get when being scheduled by the OS.

Maybe for the second account, this would do something "beneficial" but I wouldn't do it for the main account/game.dll you play.
It means the client will update what happens in the game slower (or rather with longer intermessions) due to getting less CPU time.

try it and see what happens its not like anything will break.

If I dont do it, both my accounts lag, when I set to low both are running smooth.

What happens is, the game.dll will not claim as much resourses as it does when having it on normal. In normal it takes up to 90% of the cpu time even if it only need about 50% of that.

When I do it and only playing one account I notice no difference in performance.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Spix
try it and see what happens its not like anything will break.

If I dont do it, both my accounts lag, when I set to low both are running smooth.

What happens is, the game.dll will not claim as much resourses as it does when having it on normal. In normal it takes up to 90% of the cpu time even if it only need about 50% of that.

When I do it and only playing one account I notice no difference in performance.

Tried it once also - had a very hard time switching between the process/games, because my OS deemed them less neasearcy then other process running in the OS. Might work for some, though - it all depends on the process running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom