What did you do in the Battle of Edmonton?

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4252421.stm

Midnight last night, Ikea opened a new store in North London. They were offering cheap 'first-night' deals on their unique brand of reconditioned transport pallets. Unfortunately, they misjudged the demand for badly-cut lengths of pine since 4000 people turned up. The result was chaos - cars abandoned on the North Circular and 20 injuries due to head exhaustion, 'crush' injuries and 1 stabbing.

As you may have gathered, I don't like Ikea furniture. Like going to the dentist, it's a necessary evil for those with a chronic need for cheap bookshelves (not forgetting baskets and candles).

But, a stabbing! For furniture! It boggles the mind... :(

rynnor

Rockhound
anattic said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4252421.stm
The result was chaos - cars abandoned on the North Circular and 20 injuries due to head exhaustion, 'crush' injuries and 1 stabbing.

But, a stabbing! For furniture! It boggles the mind... :(

The stabbing was just in the area and un-related - thats a pretty quiet night for Edmonton - theres murders pretty regularly like the burnt corpse found in a suitcase on Edmonton green station a month or two back...

I cant say why people would want crappy Ikea furniture - maybe it was cheaper than firewood...

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
ikea.jpg

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
wow so much hassle over a few bits of cheap furniture.

i live a few minutes away from there though! good thing i didnt go down!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
When I die and go to Hell, I just know that its going to be an endless trip to Ikea. :flame:

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
DaGaffer said:
When I die and go to Hell, I just know that its going to be an endless trip to Ikea. :flame:
I live 5 minutes away from the Croydon Ikea. It's like living in hell every Sunday - worse on a Bank Holiday Monday :(

Worse still, the missus spent £1500 a fortnight ago buying Ikea sofas and chairs :twak:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
jesus_ikea.jpg

You gotta admit it just isn't Easter without a trip to Ikea.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ha! Obviously the BBC feel the same way as I do:

BBC News said:
If Dante had written his Inferno today, he might have added a tenth circle of hell - visiting Ikea on a Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom